Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Could this be another Aliexpress salon? with Pics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Could this be another Aliexpress salon? with Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Aya Amaryllis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aya Amaryllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could this be another Aliexpress salon? with Pics
    Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 5:22am
Hey there anyone,
Now Im not one to down anyones business. But I feel with this particular salon that I may not be getting the full but paying the high end prices I've used this salon for a grand total of 5 times but ve only bought hair from her twice. And both times the hair seemed to be a bit more expensive and the salon....well it didnt show where the money was going. the two units Ive bought from her was both cambodian virgin hair. The first was a 2 colored to a dark black which was fine until I allowed her to color the tips blue and that turned out to be a hot mess. And now the poor wig is a frizzled disaster. And the second unit Ive bought from her was also a virgin cambodian unit with a silk top. This one I didnt color at all. Im willing to take the blame even if it was a professional coloring the hair. But this unit decided to get a knot that Im still working on and have been trying to get out for the last 4 days. Now if these units I were around 100-200 dollars a piece I wouldnt be so annoyed. But the silk top unit was over twice that and the first one was a thin skin on sale for 300. I've provided a picture for you guys to review and to basically see whether Ive been duped or not. Also her hair line price ranges from something like 300 to nearly 750 dollars for a single unit and she carries brazillian, cambodian, and now peruvian hair. But I believe Ive worked out the vendor for that. At least she isnt claiming she is getting them directly from the donor anymore....So what do you guys think? Have I been buying from an Aliexpress supplier? Like I said before, I dont mind, its just when its 300-400%....and then it doesnt deliver its rather daunting.

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aya Amaryllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 6:28am
In Summary HELP Please? Am I PAYING TOO MUCH? Like is 500 dollars a normal price for a 22 inch cambodian virgin wig with a silk top? Ive only owned it for two months and Im already getting knots is this a bad sign or what?
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 6:56am
Since, this has probably been answered a million times already, I'm gonna keep it short.  

-Most AVs order from CVs and will just resell the units (not a big deal if its not a big mark up but, it has its pros and cons) 

-I doubt that you actually have cambodian hair I'm only convinced that CVs have authentic Chinese hair and everything else is just some sort of blend.  Which isn't a problem for me as long as it acts right.  

-If you aren't properly taking care of the hair, it will give you problems.  It's a wig, it doesn't need that much, just a good wash, condition, and moisturize. 

-$500 for a 22inch "Virgin Cambodian" Lace Wig with a silk top?  I'd never pay that much but, that's me.  

-Did you do any research before buying?  What's the name of the AV?
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 7:34am
Pretty much Bre said. Once a unit is colored, you must wash and deep condition the hair also keep the moisture levels up. As for you actually getting cambodian hair...I'm not too sure but the owner is probably getting that info from her vendor. I suggest going to alibaba/aliexpress and look up cambodian lace wigs to see what pops up so you could compare your units to what is shown on alibaba/aliexpress. You could even customize the unit as you please w/o the markup.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aya Amaryllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 7:50am
Thanks Ladies for being of such great help.
I'll be honest, Im really really new. I didnt even know about you guys till about a month or so ago and by then Id already bought the units. Im currently living in australia (originally from the states) but our dollars are the same when comparing USD and AUD. So basically the AV is freedom couture and she owns a salon. But her hair was better than my previous hair stylist who also sold and did hair. I did look up reviews on her but the only ones that are available and STILL the only ones available are her own clients on youtube.  There arent many people who know about african american hair here in Perth so I normally take whatever I can get. I was stupid to pay that price but I really wanted a silk top but this was before I knew of aliexpress, vendors, CVs, AVs all of that. I liked the way the hair felt and went with that. I basically went from I guess beauty supply store to low grade remy but I feel like Im paying high grade prices. If you guys want I can PM you pictures of when I first got it done and you can tell me what you think. I still dont feel like it was worth the money I spent on it. I just want a nice unit that I can use for at least a year. I want to grow my natural hair out. 
Basically I want to find a unit under 500 dollars thats 18 inches and is silk top with a slight wave. The type of hair doesnt matter, just hair that looks like my own and its of good quality. 

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 8:21am
Post pic here if you want (you will get better feedback that way).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aya Amaryllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 8:38am
pictures. Now that I look at it, the application looks a bit...strange.
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 8:49am
I suggest ordering a virgin chinese silk top from a CV or AV.  If you want to wear it for a while, buy two so that you can rotate them.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aya Amaryllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 8:58am
Thanks Bre and Ms Blue. You guys have been absolutely gorgeous. What do you guys think of this unit I currently have? Worth it? Also as for vendors, I have a few in mind but really dont know where to start. I guess you guys couldnt give me a few pointers because on aliexpress I normally want to go for ones with 90 and above but then sometimes they just get such bad reviews even in those that I get frightened away from them. I might try Rex, or QH but if you guys have any other suggestions and dont mind passing them on Id greatly appreciate it. Im mainly trying to avoid making a wig out of Jacebeauty hair which I hope to purchase soon in the upcoming I dunno YEARS whenever she decides to make wigs.  I'd think you'd lose too much hair in the process of making the wig and seeing that beautiful hair go to waste could make me cry. 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2012 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Aya Amaryllis Aya Amaryllis wrote:

Thanks Ladies for being of such great help.
I'll be honest, Im really really new. I didnt even know about you guys till about a month or so ago and by then Id already bought the units. Im currently living in australia (originally from the states) but our dollars are the same when comparing USD and AUD. So basically the AV is freedom couture and she owns a salon. But her hair was better than my previous hair stylist who also sold and did hair. I did look up reviews on her but the only ones that are available and STILL the only ones available are her own clients on youtube.  There arent many people who know about african american hair here in Perth so I normally take whatever I can get. I was stupid to pay that price but I really wanted a silk top but this was before I knew of aliexpress, vendors, CVs, AVs all of that. I liked the way the hair felt and went with that. I basically went from I guess beauty supply store to low grade remy but I feel like Im paying high grade prices. If you guys want I can PM you pictures of when I first got it done and you can tell me what you think. I still dont feel like it was worth the money I spent on it. I just want a nice unit that I can use for at least a year. I want to grow my natural hair out. 
Basically I want to find a unit under 500 dollars thats 18 inches and is silk top with a slight wave. The type of hair doesnt matter, just hair that looks like my own and its of good quality. 

Freedom Couture...I think Ive seen her videos on youtube.  I love her braiding patterns and her intalls for the most part look really nice.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic