Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

cotton gins, whites only and hangings, oh my

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cotton gins, whites only and hangings, oh my
    Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 8:56am

Tennessee Cotton Gin Boss Caught on Tape - We Hang BLACKS for Drinking WHITE PEOPLE ONLY Water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqZq5r7ZvYM&r=1

A cotton gin in Memphis, Tennessee is facing a federal discrimination complaint after one of its supervisors was caught on a cell phone recording making racist remarks to black employees. African-American workers at the Atkinson Cotton Warehouse this week described to WREG treatment that evoked cotton's historic connections to racism and slavery. According to Antonio Harris and Marrio Mangrum, their boss at the cotton gin longed for the days of Jim Crow, when white men could "hang" black men for drinking from the wrong water fountain. "He would be like, 'You need to think like a white man,'" Mangrum recalled.

"He pulled his pants down in front of us and told us to kiss his white tail," Harris explained.

After enduring months of racist comments, Harris decided to use his cell phone to record an attempt to drink from a water fountain in the warehouse.

"I need to put a sign here that says 'white people only,'" the supervisor says in the recording.

When Harris tries to use the microwave, the boss tells him he is not allowed to use it because "you are not white."

"As a white man, we don't even let Larry use it," the boss notes in reference to a black employee who had worked at the cotton gin for over 10 years.

The supervisor goes on to lament that that blacks and whites are no longer kept separate in the United States through segregation.

"Back then, nobody thought anything about it," he opines. "Now everybody is made to where to think it's bad."

"Put your sign on the wall then, because I am feeling to drink it," Harris asks. "What would they do when they catch me drinking your water?"

"That's when we hang you," the supervisor warns.

Harris said that he thought about the racist treatment "every day of my life."

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) was working to mediate a settlement with the Atkinson Cotton Warehouse after Harris and Mangrum filed a discrimination complaint.

An employee of the cotton gin told WREG that the supervisor had been on vacation in recent days, but he had not been fired.

http://wreg.com/2014/06/02/worker-records-racist-supervisor-in-cotton-gin/

Edited by tatee - Jun 04 2014 at 8:57am
Sponsored Links

fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:11am
jesus

i hope they settle for no less than a couple hundred thousand or a percentage of the business.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:11am
um bro...u makin 250.00 an hour quit ur complaining....*walking away*

Embarrassed 5,4,3,2,1____________________________
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:14am
DiorLOLCryLOL
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:18am
sorry ..just had to take it there.....oh well....they;ll win...
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:39am
So this had been going on for awhile and this was the first time they reported it? SMH. I wonder why they waited so long.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:40am

I will express my thoughts next week . I never imagine how hard it would be to keep my promise . I hope they win and close the hell hole .

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:41am

it's hard because only saying nice things all the time is unrealistic lol
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:47am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

it's hard because only saying nice things all the time is unrealistic lol
I ignore a lot of things now , but i wish the rules would change . Celebs and racist topics are hard for me . You are a mean samone . Cry
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:51am

lol well it will be over soon

there will be so many week old threads that will be bumped by next monday
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style