FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Cosmetics for oily skin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>

Author
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 4:42am
great ideas
Sponsored Links

margaritahh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote margaritahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 10:08am
Cliniqic has a good pressed powder foundation but it's too matte for me. It's called Stay Matte.

Idk if anyone mentioned this but milk of magnesia has been working miracles for me. I went to a party last week that was a sweat fest. Parts of my body I didn't could sweat was sweating (my poor thighs) but my face remains the same, no sweat no oil. Sooo right now I don't worry about if the makeup is going to cause me to be oiling cause I have M.O.M. The bad part is it's hard for me to wash my makeup off at the end of the night.
PurplePumps View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 10:17am
I really wanna try Bare Minerals powder.  I'm kinda getting over the liquid foundation and want my skin to breathe a little bit.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2011 at 2:26pm
Bare minerals sounds like it is worth trying!
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 7:00am
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

Bare minerals sounds like it is worth trying!

agree
Elsa Tobin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elsa Tobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 1:55am
i also do wanan know 
mzbsweetz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzbsweetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2011 at 7:14pm
Cliniqic has nothing to match my shade, Bare minerals looks dull on my skin.. the queen collection by cover girl matches perfect but still leves me oily. im gonna try fashion fair's stick foundation before i go to mac. i just dont like my face feeling heavy. if all else fails..im going to air brush my make up!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by malindablas malindablas wrote:

The great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types.Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Avoid harsh products that strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness. They can cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhoea, where the oil glands work overtime to compensate for the loss of natural oils.

Hot water and soap?  Unless the soap has a pH level of 5.5, I can't cosign with this but if it works for others, I will gladly stand aside and let others take this advice.  Heck I heard some folks use Dawn liquid dishwashing soap to control the oil.

If mineral foundation does not help, try using a concealer and setting powder.  Just cover the dark areas, blend and set with powder.
ManeMessDeux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManeMessDeux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2012 at 11:30pm
I currently use Bare Minerals and my skin is either really dry in some areas or is very extra oily in others. My make up does not last and find that I am glistening an hour so two later :(
lacc06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacc06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2012 at 10:40pm
I just wanted to give to trick to anyone who wants to try. I have tried several different make up brands and never really found one that controlled the shine (oiliness) completey. I have recently joined the BE wagon only because I found my perfect shade in there matte fondation. BE controls most of the shine but not all.

So here is my trick I found this gel at sephora years ago when I was looking for a primer during for make up trial and error.

Here is the link:
http://www.sephora.com/anti-shine-mattifying-gel-P21170 - http://www.sephora.com/anti-shine-mattifying-gel-P21170

It is a miracle worker for me!!!! Love it!!

You can apply it under or over your make up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic