Topic ClosedCortex Flat Iron?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cortex Flat Iron?
    Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 8:22pm
Has anyone tried the Cortex flat iron out on virgin hair (The $30-$40 one from TJ Maxx)?  I've seen reviews, but not too many for us & they weren't detailed....just wanted to know if any of you ladies own one or tried it out before.

- How did you like it?
- Which print did you choose to buy? (Zebra, giraffe, or plain)
- Is it easy to curl with?
- Does it get hair bone straight?
- Digital temperature display or no?
- ANY EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE FLAT IRON

Big smile
Sponsored Links

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 4:08pm
I had a Cortex iron and I liked it alot. It was my go-to iron for a while. I had the candy red 1.25 inch ceramic version. It had a dial temp control and I think it went up to 450 or 465, not sure which. 

It was easy to curl with because the edges of the plates were curved. Most irons that I see now have this as a standard feature. It got my natural, coarse hair straight. I don't wear my hair bone straight so it didn't take much effort. I did style someone else's hair bone straight and it worked well for that too. The plates were solid (rather than plated) and very smooth. My hair never snagged and the plates were easy to clean with a damp cloth. 

I write about it in past tense because I dropped it one to many times and cracked one of the plates. I wouldn't say that it was delicate but rather I wasn't that nice to it. I would repurchase if I needed an iron.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic