Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coon Boycott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coon Boycott
    Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 8:52pm
Yes it has come to this.Wink

Black people who are trying their hardest to avert their eyes to the institutionalized racism by yts in this country need to be put on blast. Blacks who sympathize with racist actions in this country need to be put on blast. Those blacks who put down their own need to be put on blast.

Post companies, actors, singers, rappers, athletes writers, politicians, local leaders, anyone who fits into the 'coon' description.

Don't put money in the pockets of those who don't care about you.

List

Oprah
Miguel,
Taye Diggs,
Tiger Woods,
Wesley Snipes,
Zoe Saldana,
*insert random rapper here,*
Any Black person that appears on Faux News,
Zane(for her cape of Paula Dean),
The Black lady on the defense team for GZ...
Stephen A Smith
Romany Malco
Tina Turner
Beyonce
JayZ
TJSotamayor
Rev jesse lee peterson
Charles Barkley
Larry Elder
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Mike Epps
Terrance Howard
Kevin Hart
Kola Boof
JC Watts
Clarence Thomas
DL Hughley
James Earl Jones
Kobe Bryant
MLK Jr's Niece
Condolezza Rice
LeBron jamesCry
Tyrese
Ice-t
Steve Harvey
Flava Flav
Tyler Perry
"Precious"
Ricky Smiley
Derick J
Nene Leakes
Wendy Williams
Shaq
Sheryl Underwood
Stacey dash
Herman Cain
don king
Micheal steel
Allen west
Will.i.am
Whoopi Goldberg
Mia Love
Angela McGowan
Wayans Brothers
Lupe Fiasco

Eddie Murphy

Edited by carolina cutie - Jul 19 2013 at 3:31am
Sponsored Links

laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 8:59pm
I feel like that guy from reading rainbow is probably a coon but I can't prove it. I've always disliked him, I would boycott him but he's not doing anything with his life.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:00pm
Oprah(sometimes, I enjoy a lot of her documentaries), Miguel, Taye Diggs, Tiger Woods, Wesley Snipes, Zoe Saldana, *insert random rapper here,* any Black person that appears on Faux News, Zane(for her cape of Paula Dean), the Black lady on the defense team for GZ...

Edited by AshBash89 - Jul 18 2013 at 9:03pm
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:00pm
ShockedShockedShocked

ill be back...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:01pm
lol I think he is good Lacey.

He actually spoke up on CNN about how he had to teach his son to be extra careful during police stops because they will be quick to shoot/assault a Black male.

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

I feel like that guy from reading rainbow is probably a coon but I can't prove it. I've always disliked him, I would boycott him but he's not doing anything with his life.

levar burton?

nooooooooooooooConfused Cry
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:03pm
LOL

i love it.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:04pm
stephen a smith

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:05pm
All of my HuffPost comments got deleted LOL.  One person said he was a hypocrite because he played a white woman loving drug dealer on on weeds.    I called him an attention whore.  Somebody said they didn't realize that slaves were rap fans.    This got posted EVERYWHERE on the net and he also tweeted about it.   He got a lot of attention.

Actor Romany Malco attends Screen Gems Presents The Steve & Marjorie Harvey Foundation Gala at Cipriani Wall Street on May 14, 2012 in New York City

Actor Romany Malco attends Screen Gems Presents The Steve & Marjorie Harvey Foundation Gala at Cipriani Wall Street on May 14, 2012 in New York City

*Romany Malco, who reprises his role as Zeke in the recently wrapped “Think Like a Man, Too,” weighed into the Trayvon Martin topic from a different angle.

In a blog on The Huffington Post, the actor pointed out the role of mainstream news, pop culture and economics in this story steamrolling over more prevalent black on black shooting crimes that are largely uncovered by the press.

He wrote:

I haven’t touched on the Trayvon Martin issue because race matters in this country are the paralysis of the American people. To constructively discuss Trayvon would require empathy, introspection and an understanding of America’s social and economic history. This is why the open forums we have seen thus far seem to fuel more ignorance and bias than reasonable debate.

To be brutally honest, the only reason people are even aware of Trayvon Martin is because it became a topic within mainstream news and pop culture. Meaning: News directors saw it as a profitable, sensational story. Hundreds of blacks die annually in South Side Chicago without even a blurb. Trayvon isn’t in the mainstream news for any reason other than ratings and profit. The news coverage on the Zimmerman case almost implies that the killing of this young black man is somehow an anomaly and I resent that.

In this country, if it isn’t streamlined through mainstream media and pop culture, it doesn’t seem to warrant national debate. Our “government” continues to wreak havoc on our civil liberties and there is little to no protest from the black community because of media diversion tactics that keep such pertinent issues out of mainstream media. But if Jay-Z or Rihanna were to make mention of it, we’d suddenly be jolted out of our sugar comas and protesting on freeways.

My point being, people are up in arms about Trayvon based on regurgitated pundits and manipulated facts aired to elicit emotion while fueling America’s anger and division. That’s how you boost ratings. No different from Piers Morgan’s desperate rant over gun control when he knew his ratings were in the dumps. And from where I stand, anyone who still relies on corporate-owned media pundits to support an argument isn’t equipped to offer worthwhile solutions.

People are using Trayvon Martin’s death as an excuse to project their own deep-seated issues with racism and will not be capable of intelligent, empathetic debate until they’ve cooled down and afforded themselves an education.

Addressing Trayvon without first addressing the absence of critical thinking in our schools, the lack of introspection, the reasons for our low tolerance and our country’s skewed value system does nothing more than create a sounding board for the ignorant. So rather than facilitate more racism outcry, I’d like to address young black people specifically.

I believe we lost that trial for Trayvon long before he was killed. Trayvon was doomed the moment ignorance became synonymous with young black America . We lost that case by using media outlets (music, movies, social media, etc.) as vehicles to perpetuate the same negative images and social issues that destroyed the black community in the first place. When we went on record glorifying violent crime and when we voted for a president we never thought to hold accountable. When we signed on to do reality shows that fed into the media’s stereotypes of black men, we ingrained an image of Trayvon Martin so overwhelming that who he actually may have been didn’t matter anymore.

Don’t you find it peculiar that the same media outlets who have worked so diligently to galvanize the negative stigmas of black men in America are now airing open debates on improving the image of black males in American media? Do you honestly think CNN is using their competitive time slots for philanthropy?

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.” – Rahm Emanuel

If we really wanted to ensure Trayvon Martin’s killing was not in vain, we’d stop perpetuating negative images that are now synonymous with black men in America. We’d stop rapping about selling drugs and killing Brothas. The next time we saw a man beating a woman, we’d call for help or break it up, but one thing we would not do is stand by with our cellphones out — yelling WORLDSTAR! Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we’d reward them for independent and critical thinking.

We’d spend less time subconsciously repeating lyrics about death and murder and more time understanding why we are so willing to twerk to songs that bemean women and boast of having things we cannot afford. We’d set examples of self-love for our youth by honoring our own hair, skin and eye color. We’d stop spending money on designer gear that we should be spending on our physical and psychological health. We’d seek information outside the corporate owned-media that manipulates us. We’d stop letting television babysit our kids and we’d quit regurgitating pundits we haven’t come up with on our own.

Education, introspection, self-love and excellence are the only ways to overcome the wrath of ignorance. So before going back to popping molly and getting Turnt Up, I urge you to consider the implications of your actions. Your child’s life may depend on it.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:07pm
Tina Turner
Bleachers
Black men married to ugly white women
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions