Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Confused! Selection of a Weave Brand

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Cass_Justine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cass_Justine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused! Selection of a Weave Brand
    Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 7:06pm
Hey to everyone on this site: I just added myself after seeing how the goodness about the site for weaves/weave brand. Well, I am quite confused as to the type of weave brand that I want to buy for my FIRST sew-in (by the way, I live in Chicago, IL).

Now, I have been looking into some different weave brand(s) such as Model Model Dreamweaver, Pink Diamond Remi Hair, Pink Pearl (I believe Remi) hair, Diamond Remi (not to be confused with Black Diamond Remi Hair) Hair, and as well as Brazilian Hair with Ombre colors.

As for the weave length of my sew-in, I am looking into either 12", 14", and 16" (because my height length is 5'8) thus I would prefer a longer weave. Also, I am looking into 1B or 1B with 30/33. Also, I am trying to keep the weave in good condition for about 3+ months. At the same time, I am paying for the sew-in for about $100.00 dollars so I do not want the weave to cost TOO much money at all.

Since I reside in Chicago, IL, I visited a small majority of beauty supply stores but some stores have the weave brands that I am interested in and some do not. Alas, I am quite confused on the weave brand that is best for me.

Finally, I am NOT trying to break the bank. I am willing to pay between $100-150 dollars for 2/3 packs of weave. I am NOT trying to spending more $200.00 for weave at all. It is TOO expensive (especially since I am a college student).

So, I am asking for help for my confused situation since I am trying to have just a nice weave in my hair that is going to last for about 3+ months.  Can anyone suggest a good type of weave brand to last about 3+ months or longer without me breaking the bank?

Sincerely,
A Confused Weave Buyer in Chicago.

Sponsored Links

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 7:43pm
I do not wear weave but from what I know about it if you are only willing to spend like $200 I do not think you will find something that will last you 3 months straight. At the most with the amount you are able to spend you may get it to last 4 to 6 weeks maybe.
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 8:49pm
I have never tried indianhairstore dot com, but i get emails from them all the time and they may have what you are looking for.

BHMers please intervene if i am giving her bad advice.

You might want to google bhm indianhairstore and read the threads
MrsBishop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsBishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:55am
You could order off aliexpress, you would have to research who is good or bad though. Ordering from Aliexpress you'd be able to stay within your budget and get hair that woul last that long. Its a gamble though
mvanburen19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mvanburen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 8:30am
if you're going to use bss hair, i would deinitely go with Velvet Remy.
Cass_Justine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cass_Justine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:42pm
Yea. I just visited a couple of BSS' in Chicago such as Cosmo Beauty Supply store. I glanced at Velvet Remy (a bit expensive), Diamond Remi (not Black Diamond Remi--affordable), Pink Pearl (a new remi or 100% human hair weave--affordable), Taj (a new 100% human hair weave--affordable), and Brazilian Hair Weave ---affordable. Damn, I forgot to mention: Milky Way Saga Gold.. but the ONLY problem was the one of Cosmo's Beauty Supply store did not have a 14" weave at all. Cry. Also, I looked at Outre Duvessa--VERY GOOD HAIR BUT AFFORDABLE. I loved this hair so much than the other weave brands that I tried out.

So, I am probably just going to try Diamond Remi or Outre Duvessa. These are two best weave brands that I liked and are quite affordable for me for my first sew-in. Star

miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 2:50pm
If you're going to spend that at the bss you might as well order from a reputable vendor on Aliexpress. I just ordered 3 bundles from Luxy hair and paid about $160.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic