Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confused Black Kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 12:55pm
We all read her post like:

Sponsored Links

Chi_town75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi_town75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 12:57pm
One of my closest friends did something similar. When she told me I was only surprised because...well, let's just say that her family had a very long history with one of the most prominent Divine 9 Black Greek sororities. So, I was shocked she joined a predominately White sorority.

After a while I was like, "meh." Like someone else said, different strokes for different folks. To each his or her own. Big smile
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 12:57pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

CC dont forget the fact she is a statistic and black stereotype herself.....

i was reading that like...this isn't the same bish that...wait...yes, this is that one...now, say what now?
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I feel like you can learn a lot of bad habits from other Black folks honestly if you haven't been around them all of your life.

Like I couldn't stand my HS being around on whites and a few mexicans, the black friends I did have were raised like me and we all have good values.

Now that we meet the other black people were just like we see why our parents didn't want us around them, it was fun at first, but it's just not whats best...

I find that at my University it is really harder to make friends with the black community especially the girls, being that I'm coming in a Junior and they've all been there since their Freshman year.

I feel like the other minority groups are much more welcoming and inviting, though I haven't joined any.

Most of the friends I have made already are NOT black. The one I do know she is always trying to copy my work and never comes to class...

Question: can women with children join a Sorority? I feel the answer is no?

if this isn't the craziest ish ive ever seen.

you just shaded the fck out of black people.

so you didn't become a young, ratchet baby mama until you started being around other blacks? 
where were your "higher than other blacks" standards and values when you made that choice?

for the blue....you can if you have your stuff in order...if you are a ratchet slutbag then probably not...it happens all the time married people can pledge as well and those over 21
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 7:48pm
snaparooni.
ppp38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 9:00pm
Obviously as a black person, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with other blacks. We aren't dumb, we aren't lazy, we aren't dishonest. 

That being said, I feel most comfortable with those who grew up in households more similar to mine and sadly the majority of blacks weren't brought up in similar homes. Consequently, I have friends of all races- black, white, asian, hispanic and quite frankly- I love it.  Does that mean I feel better than other blacks? No. Does it mean that I think I'm white, that Im a traitor to my race? No. It just means that I want to associate with similar values and lifestyles- which is IMO-what most people want. 

So, I see no reason why there is anything wrong with blacks who choose white sororities/frats over black ones. Hanging out with other races doesn't mean that you hate your own. 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 6:18am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I feel like you can learn a lot of bad habits from other Black folks honestly if you haven't been around them all of your life.

Like I couldn't stand my HS being around on whites and a few mexicans, the black friends I did have were raised like me and we all have good values.

Now that we meet the other black people were just like we see why our parents didn't want us around them, it was fun at first, but it's just not whats best...

I find that at my University it is really harder to make friends with the black community especially the girls, being that I'm coming in a Junior and they've all been there since their Freshman year.

I feel like the other minority groups are much more welcoming and inviting, though I haven't joined any.

Most of the friends I have made already are NOT black. The one I do know she is always trying to copy my work and never comes to class...

Question: can women with children join a Sorority? I feel the answer is no?

if this isn't the craziest ish ive ever seen.

you just shaded the fck out of black people.

so you didn't become a young, ratchet baby mama until you started being around other blacks? 
where were your "higher than other blacks" standards and values when you made that choice?

just wanted to use the gif i just made
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System