Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Confused Black Kids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Confused Black Kids

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Offline
Points: 828302
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:25am
I wouldn't call them confused
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 20 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 30877
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:11am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

How do you feel about black college students pledging white fraternities and sororities when there are black ones available on their campus?  I just found out a girl I babysat in high school is pledging a white sorority on her campus and I find it so odd.  It is  a large, well-known university and I am certain there are black Greek organizations there. 
She went to the same high school I did and yes, its majority white and most of the black students are in special education classes, so yeah it was difficult to have a group of black kids to hangout with when I was there too.  However, the 5 of us that were in Honors & AP classes all "came back home" after high school.  2 pledged black Greek organizations, all of us have a close-knit of black friends now, and the 1 who is married is with a black man.
 
I don't get how a black person doesn't gravitate towards their own when their have an opportunity to.


Personally I don't see much difference between the two but then again I was never about the Greek life so her business.
Back to Top
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 20 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 30877
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:14am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

She went to the same high school I did and yes, its majority white and most of the black students are in special education classes,

say what ?



So true.  I noticed this while subbing.
Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 39759
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:18am
I don't know why you are surprised about the black students being in the slower class. Look around
Back to Top
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 30 2013
Location: BroooooookLYYYN
Status: Offline
Points: 22614
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:24am
And couldn't you ask why a black student would want to go to a white school, when there are schools full of black people out here?
Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 39759
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:39am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

And couldn't you ask why a black student would want to go to a white school, when there are schools full of black people out here?
very good point, people see what they want to see
Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 42807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

And couldn't you ask why a black student would want to go to a white school, when there are schools full of black people out here?
 
Well that's obvious.  Her school is ranked significantly higher than every black school in this country.  She was skipped a grade and graduated top 5.  If a HBCU was in the top 25 ranking then maybe that question would be more applicable. 
Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 42807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

How do you feel about black college students pledging white fraternities and sororities when there are black ones available on their campus?  I just found out a girl I babysat in high school is pledging a white sorority on her campus and I find it so odd.  It is  a large, well-known university and I am certain there are black Greek organizations there. 
She went to the same high school I did and yes, its majority white and most of the black students are in special education classes, so yeah it was difficult to have a group of black kids to hangout with when I was there too.  However, the 5 of us that were in Honors & AP classes all "came back home" after high school.  2 pledged black Greek organizations, all of us have a close-knit of black friends now, and the 1 who is married is with a black man.
 
I don't get how a black person doesn't gravitate towards their own when their have an opportunity to.


Personally I don't see much difference between the two but then again I was never about the Greek life so her business.
 
The difference is, if you pledge the white sorority you are probably the only black person in your pledge class.  I have never felt comfortable being the only black person amongst many whites.  So why be singled out, when you can belong with a group of people like you?
Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 39759
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:18am
for the same reason ppl go to PWI instead of an HBCU??
 
let ppl do what they want if it aint hurting anybody
Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 42807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I don't know why you are surprised about the black students being in the slower class. Look around
 
Did I say I was surprised by it?  I was stating a fact.  We never took classes with those students and since our lunch was based on our class schedule we never had lunch with them either.  Basically we did not interact with them because between classes, lunch, Honor society, and sports, they were never involved in the same school activities we were.  That was my point.  Once you were a black kid that took advanced courses, the pool of black kids available for you to befriend was significantly limited.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down