Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Confused about silk top (still)

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused about silk top (still)
    Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:39pm
I have researched silk tops on this forum and the internet and have some questions Embarrassed (im useless)
I saw ladies on here talking about how they order their silk tops 1/4 an inch 'back' or 1/2  an inch 'back' and I'm confused, surely if you order a silk top and its not right at the hairline then it wont hide the knots at the hairline because it will be 1/2 or 1/4 inch back from it? Is that what they're talking about? 
       Also, if ordering transparent lace do I have to tell them what color to make the silk top? or will it just be obvious to do it light colored or are their lighter colored 'light colors' lol I also saw that some ladies were talking about whether they get a single layer of silk or double layered silk etc. I want single so that its thin and doesnt have a line of demarcation from bumping up from my skin. Do I have to state '1 layer'?

I am hoping to order from 'Enoya lace wigs' but am confused with their website. There's not much information for me to send my specifications for a quote? 
They don't seem to have a color chart, 
silk color chart (which is why I asked if they just automatically have one light color to match transparent lace?) 

So I'm not sure what color to say when contacting them about my wig (every vendor with a color chart Ive seen has different colors) or what to say about this silk top really. I want to know exactly what Im ordering and getting etc

This is their website so that you can see what I mean: http://enoya.en.alibaba.com/

Sponsored Links

Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:47pm
They don't even have a density chart either. So I guess I'll word it as "100% density at hairline and 130% throughout" (will they understand that? I want to make it clear" 
They don't have an order form either or, anything really. So I know its a case of e-mailing my specifications for a quote but I feel like I'm ordering in the dark lol and this is my first CV to. Confused 

(sorry this post is becoming about more than just the silk top confusion but I'm nervous.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 11:07pm
Email Enoya to ask them to email you a photo of their density chart if it's not on the site.  I would not assume anything when ordering a unit.  Be "very" specific as to what you want, do not leave it to chance.  Silk colors should also be presented on the website as well as the lace colors, and if they're not there, ask them to email you photos.

IMHO it's best to ask for the silk to be placed no further back than 1/8" behind the hairline.  Ask the vendor to bleach the knots for you in the area in front of the silk.

ETA: ask for no more than 2 layers of silk so as to reduce bulk in the parting area.

Edited by chatnoir - Jan 16 2013 at 11:08pm
Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 9:51am
I agree with Chat...1/8" you get no line of demarcation and 1 layer of silk is more than sufficient. You don't even need to bleach the knots in the front if they use single knots but like Chat said, you may want to ask the vendor to do it for you. 
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:11pm
Thank you both Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply