Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 550551552553554 734>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 3.31  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

so like... 
i really dont think white people hate blacks the way bhm thinks.. 

of course there are racist ppl... but them bunching us into the ghetto/whatever category is just as bad as us bunching all of them as hateful racists. 

Interesting/Thanked. I probably have more white friends than most of BHMers, (most of my friend group it Black though). There are 3 ways I personally categorize whites.

1. Extremely racist white people who buy into the stereotypes of Black people and will spew their hatred everywhere. (southerners/old people/rednecks/tea party)
  2. White people who were taught to love everyone. They don't try to be racist, but the do have some implicit bias against us because of ignorance and because they're influenced by our racist society. (I believe this is most whites I come across daily fall in this category)
  3. White people who understand their privilege and actively listen to us and try to fight racism. Someone like my african diaspora prof, who was a civil rights lawyer and believes that white people shouldn't try to speak for blacks etc. 
And honestly, I don't believe there are too many of #3s out there. 

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Aug 09 2013 at 10:27pm
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:28pm
I think a lot of whites are apathetic and willfully ignorant.
It's not an active hate against blacks but an apathy.
They don't consider or care about the plight of others bc they never have to think of race bc they are white.

I think a lot of whites are like that.
The privilege is preset it's not a conscious effort to be hateful they just don't get it or think about it much

Edited by jonesable - Aug 09 2013 at 10:51pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:30pm
i agree with everything you said CR.
i come across #2 most often too

Edited by coconess - Aug 09 2013 at 10:38pm
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:31pm
@ Ladybird

It took months and me having a hysterical, crying breakdown for my boyfriend to stop asking me questions about that. He still gets super protective when I tense up around men or refuse to be in certain situations.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

@ Ladybird

It took months and me having a hysterical, crying breakdown for my boyfriend to stop asking me questions about that. He still gets super protective when I tense up around men or refuse to be in certain situations.
Hug to Both of you guys. 
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:43pm
Thanks CR
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:49pm
thanks shady and CR

i had been fine for a couple yrs after a lot of counseling, but it kinda fell apart when i gave birth. a male doctor (student) was there when i gave birth and had to check me. everytime he would, i would get a contraction, and it just brought back all these horrible memories. i had to beg DH not to go anywhere and stay w/ me b/c i was terrified of him. i eventually got so worked up that i NEEDED the epidural.

i didn't even attempt to breastfeed. i just couldn't bring myself to do it. that's a guilt that i struggle with all the time.

DH was confused but understanding then, and now my behavior has changed drastically and its like i'm back at square 1. i mean, my depression isn't necessarily postpartum, but birth was def. an unexpected trigger. DH asked me last night (and again tonight) why i never told him details and i had a breakdown.

i feel all kinds of things, but i feel disappointed most of all b/c he won't just leave it alone.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:49pm
I was watching highlights/interviews of Roddy Peters cause Im way too excited for the season. I LOVE a PG/DC accent. idk why, just the way they talk.  @5:20

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

If he's still not understanding you could possibly send him what you just wrote. Or tell him to look up trauma triggers. He should be more understanding why you don't want to talk about it.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 10:58pm
i'm gonna tell him to look at it.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System