Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 430431432433434 772>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 3.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:26pm
I'm starting to plan my baby shower and I hate to be picky but I'm inclined to tell people to PLEASE buy gender neutral stuff when it comes to certain things like a stroller or a playard, if anyone buys those items just because I want to be able to use them for future kids if I can to save money on having to buy them again. I don't want to seem unappreciative though
Sponsored Links

KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:52pm
I hate SUV drivers.  They are the worse drivers on the road and think everyone, including emergency vehicles, should yield to them.  If I had a gun, I'd shoot out the tires of the next SUV that cuts me off, causing me to slam on my breaks because some idiot suddenly looked up and saw their exit coming up.

One more thing: when did become acceptable NOT to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze?  If my boss does this one more time, I will have to break my foot off in her azz.  
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:19pm
This isn't a confession, rather something that I feel I should get off of my chest.

Years ago I let the opinion of other's, mainly my father's and cousin's, concerning my weight and figure get to and break me. After being told on a daily basis that you were fat and needed to lose weight, you begin to believe it - especially when you were in such a fragile mental state as I was. At the time, I was all of 125 pounds, and I was curvy, but in their eyes I was very overweight.

I stopped eating. I'd literally go days without eating, or eating very little, because I believed I was fat and didn't deserve to eat. A treat, on days when I felt worthy, was a few slices of cheese and some Saltines. I think that's the cause of many of my health problems today. You would think that after I lost the weight I'd feel better. However, I actually detested what I saw. Since then - maybe 3 years later - I've been working hard to get that back; to right my wrongs, if you will.

I think that's why I admire bigger women and secretly want to be one. I don't know if it will make me happy or more comfortable with my body, but in my mind I'd be taking something back.

This probably isn't healthy. Maybe I should talk to my therapist about it, though I doubt it's in his area of expertise.

dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

I'm starting to plan my baby shower and I hate to be picky but I'm inclined to tell people to PLEASE buy gender neutral stuff when it comes to certain things like a stroller or a playard, if anyone buys those items just because I want to be able to use them for future kids if I can to save money on having to buy them again. I don't want to seem unappreciative though

I don't think that's unappreciative at all. You could kindly explain why you want gender neutral items, though. I'm sure the majority of them would understand and would likely comply with your wishes.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

This isn't a confession, rather something that I feel I should get off of my chest.

Years ago I let the opinion of other's, mainly my father's and cousin's, concerning my weight and figure get to and break me. After being told on a daily basis that you were fat and needed to lose weight, you begin to believe it - especially when you were in such a fragile mental state as I was. At the time, I was all of 125 pounds, and I was curvy, but in their eyes I was very overweight.

I stopped eating. I'd literally go days without eating, or eating very little, because I believed I was fat and didn't deserve to eat. A treat, on days when I felt worthy, was a few slices of cheese and some Saltines. I think that's the cause of many of my health problems today. You would think that after I lost the weight I'd feel better. However, I actually detested what I saw. Since then - maybe 3 years later - I've been working hard to get that back; to right my wrongs, if you will.

I think that's why I admire bigger women and secretly want to be one. I don't know if it will make me happy or more comfortable with my body, but in my mind I'd be taking something back.

This probably isn't healthy. Maybe I should talk to my therapist about it, though I doubt it's in his area of expertise.

Hug 

Have you spoken with said family members about how what they've said has affected you? That as well as going to a therapist may help some.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

I hate SUV drivers.  They are the worse drivers on the road and think everyone, including emergency vehicles, should yield to them.  If I had a gun, I'd shoot out the tires of the next SUV that cuts me off, causing me to slam on my breaks because some idiot suddenly looked up and saw their exit coming up.

One more thing: when did become acceptable NOT to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze?  If my boss does this one more time, I will have to break my foot off in her azz.  

GURHL!
 I had to lean alll the way to the side and slide my chair over this morning cuz this fcker didnt want to cover his mouth Angry
I always happen to have the sickly ones sit near me Sleepy
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:39pm
my confession of the day--
my socks didn't match today.

on days i do odd things like wearing mix matched socks, bra and pantie sets.... or no undies at all..

im always super paranoid.

Like this is the day.. im gonna have to be rushed to the hospital.. where the staff will make fun of me for being a mess.

on another noteeeeeeee---
i made us mexican corn on the cob for dinner.. I think mine tastes better than the mexicans.

dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

Hug 

Have you spoken with said family members about how what they've said has affected you? That as well as going to a therapist may help some.

Yes and no. No, because I haven't spoken to both about this particular instance, but these people (both, ironically) are connected to many of the issues I've had, worked through, or still have. When you mention it, they either want to deny it, play the victim, or act like it happened eons ago and therefore shouldn't be discussed. I just figured to save myself the headache, not to worry about trying to bring it back up.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:49pm
Doll maybe it you have them go to a therapy session with you or something and have an outside source looking in on the situation rather than you try to explain things to them it'll possibly make them realize just how much it hurt you. It may or may not work but it's worth a shot.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:51pm
I wouldn't do that. Not because we're in different states at the moment, but .. no. I like to keep the two separate, although they're really not. I don't know. I feel they've moved past it and bringing it back up won't do any good. Maybe I'm just making excuses because I'm afraid of the outcome.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style