Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343344345346347 773>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 3.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:30pm
I was chatting it up with one of the guys that I am trying to get to know personally. Everything was going great.....

Until....

He mentioned that he was at the car shop waiting on his truck to be finished and he stated that he was going to write a hot check to cover the balance for his repairs...

It was one of these moments...

I got quiet.. very quiet... So quiet that he had to ask me did I hang up the phone on him.. Then he said that he would call me back.

What is going on in my mind is that:

-places do not really take checks anymore for that very reason..
-why did you bother to get the truck repaired at that moment if you did not have the money at the time?

He called back about 5 minutes later talking about that the place ended up using his debit card and it was declined.. Well, you knew that the money was not there so why even bother to hand your debit card over knowing it was going to be instantly declined? The repairs were $175.00 total. So I asked him what he was planning on doing about it. He states that he was going to call his homeboys to see if they could spot him the cash.. So I abruptly got off the phone with him by saying I had something to do at work, which the only thing I had to do was pay my tuition and buy my books online which I just did, and I could have stayed on the phone with him but I felt really awkward..

I know people are struggling, I completely understand that.. But I was really turned off by that.... Am I wrong for feeling some kind of way about that?? I am trying not to judge him but trying to float a check is something I am not accustomed to doing.. What if we are out on a dinner date and he trys the same thing or something?? Or magically pops up and says that he thought he had x amount but turns out he doesn't? I am trying so hard not to be judgemental. People have rough patches.. People go through things. Times are rough for a lot of people..

Sleepy

Edited by Miss SDY - Jan 15 2013 at 9:40pm
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:32pm
Lol I wonder why he felt comfortable telling you that ,
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:32pm
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:33pm
i often struggle while going out on whether to wear  a cute dress and heels or cute jeans and a low heel flat. I cant shake my azz in a damn dress Sleepy
I love to be comfortable though so thats definitely the move next time.
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I was thinking what was his reasoning for telling me that? I almost felt like he said it to see if I would volunteer to help out... Which is A HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really turned off by that..
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:49pm
SDY, you did the right thing getting off the phone cuz he was probably gonna try to hit you up for the money.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:53pm
Im a little worried about leaving my dad in a couple weeks, I really want him to try and go to therapy sessions to help him deal. I hate seeing him down like this Ouch
We only have each other right now

Edited by eanaj5 - Jan 15 2013 at 9:53pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

SDY, you did the right thing getting off the phone cuz he was probably gonna try to hit you up for the money.

Yes he is such a bum for that
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Only James can call me that! You're not allowed!! Angry
Sorry, it won't happen again, Gizmo.
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

get over it. 

Just saw your join date. Is your name supposed to be 'adultdiva' now?LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon