BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 768>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 3.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:10pm
I've never has a pacifier because it gives babies gas. But I breast fed with no bottle until about age 2 and a half. After that, my mother had lost way too much weight from breast feeding me for so long, plus it was beginning to annoy her and make her snappy. Daddy took me on vacation, just me and him to ween me off of the breasts. I tried sucking his nipples the first couple nights lol 
And once we returned my mother's breasts had filled up with so much milk that it was too painful to touch, so she asked me to suck them and I declined. I was given a bottle. Was addicted to my bottle for the next year until all the neighborhood kids were playing tag, and my much older friend hit my bottle out of my hand by accident and it shattered into a million pieces. I bawwwwwwled my eyes out and my mother said that was the end of my bottle days and she gave me a cup. Grandma bought me a very special cup. 

Edited by Derri - Jan 13 2013 at 1:13pm
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Once my baby reaches one I'm taking away the bottle and pacifer. I dont understand people who let their kids become dependent on bottles and pacifiers. I can't stand to see kids over the age of 2 with a pacifier in their mouth then parents wonder why said kid has fcked up teeth.
CS alladis!!  I did it with all mine
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:19pm
I don't think my nephew used a pacifier .
Alot of people don't give them to their babies
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I've never has a pacifier because it gives babies gas. But I breast fed with no bottle until about age 2 and a half. After that, my mother had lost way too much weight from breast feeding me for so long, plus it was beginning to annoy her and make her snappy. Daddy took me on vacation, just me and him to ween me off of the breasts. I tried sucking his nipples the first couple nights lol 
And once we returned my mother's breasts had filled up with so much milk that it was too painful to touch, so she asked me to suck them and I declined. I was given a bottle. Was addicted to my bottle for the next year until all the neighborhood kids were playing tag, and my much older friend hit my bottle out of my hand by accident and it shattered into a million pieces. I bawwwwwwled my eyes out and my mother said that was the end of my bottle days and she gave me a cup. Grandma bought me a very special cup. 
I'm breast feeding now as I type.  she is about 20 months.  She hasn't taken a bottle since 12 mos & never took a pacifier.  She is addicted to the breast & I wish she would back up off me & let me breathe.  I should have used a pacifier with her cuz at least with  my boys, that was a good substitute to quell the fussiness or put them to sleep.  She wont sleep easily w/o my breasts.  & ppl dont like to keep her for that reason.  When I give the kids to my parents so I can have me time with DH, they always call me to come over & either get her or put her to sleep, then go back homeCry
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I don't think my nephew used a pacifier .
Alot of people don't give them to their babies
I recommend pacifiers.  I feel like a slave to her cuz I didn't hook her on it when I had the chance.  I had no problem weening my boys off when they were 1.  just hide it from them & keep them busy with toys  & activities during the day.  Give it at night until they close their eyes then remove it from their mouth.  go 7 days a week, then 6, 5, 4...  until they fall asleep w/o it.  Also keep bed times regular so their internal clock is shutting down the body no matter what
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:28pm
Confession: I was breastfed until I was 4.
My mom tried to stop me. She would push me off.  I would sneak to her bedroom in the middle of the night to get some milk. SMDH. 
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:28pm
my mom never even gave my sisters a pacifier. I will do the same.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:28pm
He did fine without it.
He soothed himself to sleep very quickly.
My sister was surprised but happy.

Alot of my lil cousins didn't use a pacifier and there wasn't an issue

I won't give my baby a pacifier either

Edited by jonesable - Jan 13 2013 at 1:29pm
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:32pm
I don't think alot of people even try to ween their kids off pacifiers though. Both the kid and the parent depend to much on it because parents don't want to deal with hearing their kid cry so they are quick to stick the paci in the kid's mouth instead of figuring out whats wrong. I don't want that to happen.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:33pm
my sisters never used pacifiers but one sucked/sucks her thumb and the eldest used to suck her tongue. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 768>