BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 754>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 3.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

I feel an alcohol induced rant/vent coming on…

This break has reminded me just how dull my life has become, as well as how nonexistent my social life is. How many of my so called friends bothered to hit me up during the break? 0. That's how many. But I'm their "favorite person." Everyone loves dOLLish. GTFOHWTBS.
• At this point I despise my step brother. He can eat sh*t. My mother thinks I'm being immature, but WGAF? Who asked her?
I was in love once, ... With a guy who didn't share the same feelings as I. The hardest part was moving on … because in my mind (the childlike part of my mind), I wanted us to work out. I knew we could never work out because we come from two different worlds. He's too good for me.
• Sometimes, because of my past, I feel like soiled goods. Who'll want me?
• These depressive, dark feelings/thoughts aren't new to me. I've tried to keep them locked away for years. They always find a way of coming back at the worse times.
I wish that I could fast forward to a time and/or place where everything is OK.
• I'm tired of giving my dad free passes. He's messed up and I'm sure he's aware. Whether he's convinced himself that some things never happened or just refuses to talk about them, … it doesn't change the fact that they've happened. And I'm not OK with it. But he's my dad and I have to protect him.
• I'm going to turn my phone off for the remainder of my vacation. Why, when no one bothers to hit me up anyway. It's my way of disconnecting with the world, I guess.
• I'm getting anxious about starting school again. Wine seems to be doing a great job at taking the edge off, but it's only temporary.

girl, i can definitely relate to the bold...
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

I wish there was a drug to help me forget embarrassing moments, moments of regrets and sadness. These memories run through my mind constantly and it makes mad.
DisapproveSocial anxiety.

Everyone has painful or unpleasant memories in their past, and some of us would welcome the chance to forget them forever. Some debilitating disorders, like post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), prey on these memories in ways that are often difficult-to-treat. According to some recent research, a drug taken shortly after a traumatic event, or during the recall of traumatic memories, may act to ‘erase’ them from the brain. Does it work, and could it be a useful treatment? What about the potential for abuse (“de-briefing” comes to mind)?

One drug, propranolol, is currently used to treat hypertension, but it has also already been shown to weaken memories of a traumatic experience when given shortly after the event. Propranolol is a beta-blocker: it blocks the action of epinephrine on both β1- and β2-adrenergic receptors (which may block the formation of frightening memories in the amygdala). However, new research from McGill University suggests that this drug may also act on memories in a retro-active way: if propranolol is given while subjects are asked to recall traumatic memories that occured up to 10 years ago. Interestingly, the result is that the emotional content of the memories are drained, without completely ‘wiping the slate clean,’ so to speak. The subjects remember what occurred, but in a factual rather than emotionally-affecting way.

The experiments are being done [at McGill] involve people traumatized as long as 20 or 30 years ago by child abuse, sexual assault or a serious accident.

“It’s amazing how a traumatic memory can remain very much alive. It doesn’t behave like a regular memory. The memory doesn’t decay,” Brunet said.

To try to make it decay, researchers ask people to describe the trauma as vividly as they can, bringing on physical symptoms like racing hearts, then give them propranolol to blunt “restorage” of the memory. As much as three months later, the single dose appears to be preventing PTSD symptoms, Brunet said.

“Each time you retrieve a memory it must be restored,” he said. “When you activate a memory in the presence of a drug that prevents the restorage of the memory, the next day the memory is not as accessible.”

In another study by Joseph LeDoux’s team at NYU, it was shown possible to eliminate a single memory in rats using a different drug, U0126. This occured without affecting any other memories that the rats had, but questions remain as to whether the ‘deletion’ is permanent. The group is now enrolling subjects for a human study.

Most people, including the researchers in these studies, readily admit that fearful memories do serve some purpose. They remind you to avoid certain harmful stimuli or situations, and perhaps play a role in the formation of personalities and tastes. However, such memories may be moot when it comes to experiences far removed from normal life, like war or rape.

Yo. I need this

funny--my mom was just reading an article about this and shared it with me.  they wouldnt give it you--they would give it to like rape victims and people with post traumatic stress or people who have witnessed tragedies. 

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 01 2013 at 12:05am
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:08am
I don't think I could ever see myself working on a holiday unless it was job I actually enjoyed doing.
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:49am
THIS LADY JUST TRIED TO BRING HER KID INTO THE F*CKIN BAR!!! IT'S 1:48 IN THE MORNING!!! WTF?!
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 1:45am
I think I'm gonna write a summer bucket list of things I want to do/achieve next summer. Two things I'm for sure adding to the list is to find someone who can cover this hideous tattoo I made the mistake of letting this guy do on me and getting my nose and second earholes repierced.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:36am
These white people couldn't hit on me when I was single, right? You had to wait until I was taken and at my bf's bar to look like u want to eat me, alive?

Edited by ScorpioLuv - Jan 01 2013 at 2:47am
Beautiful_One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:51am
I had too much too drink,
Beautiful_One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:57am
Where I live YT loves black women. Theres more black females dating out there race than black men.

Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

These white people couldn't hit on me when I was single, right? You had to wait until I was taken and at my bf's bar to look like u want to eat me, alive?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Beautiful_One Beautiful_One wrote:

Where I live YT loves black women. Theres more black females dating out there race than black men.

Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Where do u live?

Ive had more whites and Asians try to exchange numbers with me and congratulate my bf than ever. I'm really trying to figure out why do they wait until I'm taken to hit on me. When I was single, none of them tried to talk to me. One Asian was so annoyed when he heard I was in nursing school, he congratulated my bf saying "She's going to make excellent money, my ex was going to nursing school and graduated a year after we broke up. Now she's making $50 a hour. You're lucky as hell"

But they couldn't talk to me before, right
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 11:06am
Sounds like a gold digger
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 754>