Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 774>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 3.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:45pm
I wish there was a drug to help me forget embarrassing moments, moments of regrets and sadness. These memories run through my mind constantly and it makes mad.
DisapproveSocial anxiety.
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

I wish there was a drug to help me forget embarrassing moments, moments of regrets and sadness. These memories run through my mind constantly and it makes mad.

Everyone has painful or unpleasant memories in their past, and some of us would welcome the chance to forget them forever. Some debilitating disorders, like post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), prey on these memories in ways that are often difficult-to-treat. According to some recent research, a drug taken shortly after a traumatic event, or during the recall of traumatic memories, may act to ‘erase’ them from the brain. Does it work, and could it be a useful treatment? What about the potential for abuse (“de-briefing” comes to mind)?

One drug, propranolol, is currently used to treat hypertension, but it has also already been shown to weaken memories of a traumatic experience when given shortly after the event. Propranolol is a beta-blocker: it blocks the action of epinephrine on both β1- and β2-adrenergic receptors (which may block the formation of frightening memories in the amygdala). However, new research from McGill University suggests that this drug may also act on memories in a retro-active way: if propranolol is given while subjects are asked to recall traumatic memories that occured up to 10 years ago. Interestingly, the result is that the emotional content of the memories are drained, without completely ‘wiping the slate clean,’ so to speak. The subjects remember what occurred, but in a factual rather than emotionally-affecting way.

The experiments are being done [at McGill] involve people traumatized as long as 20 or 30 years ago by child abuse, sexual assault or a serious accident.

“It’s amazing how a traumatic memory can remain very much alive. It doesn’t behave like a regular memory. The memory doesn’t decay,” Brunet said.

To try to make it decay, researchers ask people to describe the trauma as vividly as they can, bringing on physical symptoms like racing hearts, then give them propranolol to blunt “restorage” of the memory. As much as three months later, the single dose appears to be preventing PTSD symptoms, Brunet said.

“Each time you retrieve a memory it must be restored,” he said. “When you activate a memory in the presence of a drug that prevents the restorage of the memory, the next day the memory is not as accessible.”

In another study by Joseph LeDoux’s team at NYU, it was shown possible to eliminate a single memory in rats using a different drug, U0126. This occured without affecting any other memories that the rats had, but questions remain as to whether the ‘deletion’ is permanent. The group is now enrolling subjects for a human study.

Most people, including the researchers in these studies, readily admit that fearful memories do serve some purpose. They remind you to avoid certain harmful stimuli or situations, and perhaps play a role in the formation of personalities and tastes. However, such memories may be moot when it comes to experiences far removed from normal life, like war or rape.

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:59pm
i cant stop eating. i need something..what can i use to just stop ugh.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

I hate when people get off the bus at stops that make no sense. Ain't sh*t there, no other buses o transfer to, no houses, nothing. Bitch u making me miss my train!

Well, I guess there's something there thenLOL
I just imagine them getting off at an empty field in the middle of nowhere.LOL
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:03pm
I can't stand the camera shots of people kissing on New Year's! So sick. UGH.

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:03pm
I was a good step away from falling into a depressed state on this lovely New Years Eve night, but I think it might be a good thing that I might have to ring in the new year by myself. I tend to be too emotionally dependent on other people while somehow keeping them emotionally distant. I let other dictate my moods and they'll rarely ever know that it was what they said/did that caused the change. I gotsta stop that. 

Emotional security in 2013 FTW!!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Another 7 or 8 lbs and I will be skanking up my spring wardrobe.LOL

congrats!
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Everyone has painful or unpleasant memories in their past, and some of us would welcome the chance to forget them forever. Some debilitating disorders, like post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), prey on these memories in ways that are often difficult-to-treat. According to some recent research, a drug taken shortly after a traumatic event, or during the recall of traumatic memories, may act to ‘erase’ them from the brain. Does it work, and could it be a useful treatment? What about the potential for abuse (“de-briefing” comes to mind)?

One drug, propranolol, is currently used to treat hypertension, but it has also already been shown to weaken memories of a traumatic experience when given shortly after the event. Propranolol is a beta-blocker: it blocks the action of epinephrine on both β1- and β2-adrenergic receptors (which may block the formation of frightening memories in the amygdala). However, new research from McGill University suggests that this drug may also act on memories in a retro-active way: if propranolol is given while subjects are asked to recall traumatic memories that occured up to 10 years ago. Interestingly, the result is that the emotional content of the memories are drained, without completely ‘wiping the slate clean,’ so to speak. The subjects remember what occurred, but in a factual rather than emotionally-affecting way.

The experiments are being done [at McGill] involve people traumatized as long as 20 or 30 years ago by child abuse, sexual assault or a serious accident.

“It’s amazing how a traumatic memory can remain very much alive. It doesn’t behave like a regular memory. The memory doesn’t decay,” Brunet said.

To try to make it decay, researchers ask people to describe the trauma as vividly as they can, bringing on physical symptoms like racing hearts, then give them propranolol to blunt “restorage” of the memory. As much as three months later, the single dose appears to be preventing PTSD symptoms, Brunet said.

“Each time you retrieve a memory it must be restored,” he said. “When you activate a memory in the presence of a drug that prevents the restorage of the memory, the next day the memory is not as accessible.”

In another study by Joseph LeDoux’s team at NYU, it was shown possible to eliminate a single memory in rats using a different drug, U0126. This occured without affecting any other memories that the rats had, but questions remain as to whether the ‘deletion’ is permanent. The group is now enrolling subjects for a human study.

Most people, including the researchers in these studies, readily admit that fearful memories do serve some purpose. They remind you to avoid certain harmful stimuli or situations, and perhaps play a role in the formation of personalities and tastes. However, such memories may be moot when it comes to experiences far removed from normal life, like war or rape.

Yo. I need this
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:36pm
I get a "getcho ass ready" text not 10 minutes after that last post. LOL

Every time I accept that something isnt going to happen, new developments emerge.

But still, emotional security in 2013 FTW!!!
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:49pm
I feel an alcohol induced rant/vent coming on…

• This break has reminded me just how dull my life has become, as well as how nonexistent my social life is. How many of my so called friends bothered to hit me up during the break? 0. That's how many. But I'm their "favorite person." Everyone loves dOLLish. GTFOHWTBS.
• At this point I despise my step brother. He can eat sh*t. My mother thinks I'm being immature, but WGAF? Who asked her?
• I was in love once, ... With a guy who didn't share the same feelings as I. The hardest part was moving on … because in my mind (the childlike part of my mind), I wanted us to work out. I knew we could never work out because we come from two different worlds. He's too good for me.
• Sometimes, because of my past, I feel like soiled goods. Who'll want me?
• These depressive, dark feelings/thoughts aren't new to me. I've tried to keep them locked away for years. They always find a way of coming back at the worse times.
• I wish that I could fast forward to a time and/or place where everything is OK.
• I'm tired of giving my dad free passes. He's messed up and I'm sure he's aware. Whether he's convinced himself that some things never happened or just refuses to talk about them, … it doesn't change the fact that they've happened. And I'm not OK with it. But he's my dad and I have to protect him.
• I'm going to turn my phone off for the remainder of my vacation. Why, when no one bothers to hit me up anyway. It's my way of disconnecting with the world, I guess.
• I'm getting anxious about starting school again. Wine seems to be doing a great job at taking the edge off, but it's only temporary.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 774>
  Share Topic