Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Confessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 761>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 27 Votes, Average 3.37  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:59am
Jess they just need to learn in their own time on their own. What you typed sounded like my younger brother from 10-12 grade. He even got kicked off the football team, the thing he loved more than anything, bc of his grades and he still did t care. He went from being a A-/B student to passing by the skin of his teeth. He's in college now but he had to learn in his own. Some people are just like that. If the parents aren't doing anything, don't stress urself. You're not their parent
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:00pm
You ever let out a fart and your first thought is "Damn, what did I eat?"

Edited by ScorpioLuv - Jan 05 2013 at 12:21pm
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

who were the ppl you tried to save babydoll? if its just some person i completely understand.. but if these are kids and her siblings.. its partially her job as their older sister to help them. even if its hella annoying and frustrating.. she shouldnt give up on them. 
i really would like to know their ages though.. as a big sister she could kind of force them.. or at least get her mom and dad on board to limit the game play and stuff..

One of the hardest lessons you learn as the eldest sibling is that you can't tell people what to do or control their actions. It doesn't matter if you see danger flashing a neon sign from a mile away, you can't stop people from going towards it.

Who didn't I try to save? Mostly tried to help family and close friends that I consider family. A few years ago I was a regular captain-save-a-hoe with a bright pank cape flapping in the wind. Like you, I thought if you just talked to them, outlined what could go bad, etc etc. people would chose to do right. Unfortunately curiosity, beliefs of invincibility, and stubbornness get in the way and people do what they want.

How old are you coco? You sound just like me 4 years ago LOL

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i disagree.
i dont think you should let them figure it out on their own jess.. especially if you think there might be a developmental disorder or something medically wrong. 

How old are they? If they are literally acting half their age, thats not ok.. they need to get checked out. 

Even if they dont have a disorder though, i believe in letting people make their own mistakes.. but if this is something that has been going on for a long time i just couldnt watch while my siblings ruined their lives.. i would always think back like, maybe i could have done more.. 
They are at the college age.  It's always been like this.  It started going downhill since 2nd grade.

I've been pushing them (for 10+ years) and trying to make them do better for themselves.  I need to talk to my parents.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Any of yall who think BSB is better than NSYNC are some fools

I could say so much, but I wont...

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:19pm
I dont necessarily believe that talking to them is all it takes and that they will suddenly have an epiphany and change their ways.. but i dont think that she should just give up either. 
but as i said, depends on their age. 

As an older sibling you can tell them what to do.. everyone that i know who has a younger sibling and there is more than a few years difference.. they listen to them at least a little. Im not saying she should order them around but they might actually value her opinion somewhere deep inside and eventually she might be able to help them. 

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Skittles, you weren't you like 4 when Spice Girls came out? Imma keep messing with you about your age.LOL

..................................MEANS NOTHING THOUGH! Stern Smile

Young mom at work + being watched by 14 year old cousin = I KNOW WHAT IM TALMBOUT!!!!!!Stern Smile

It's obvious that you dont wannabe my loverSleepy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Any of yall who think BSB is better than NSYNC are some fools

I could say so much, but I wont...

You won't even old enough for this sh*t. I was in the 6-8th grade, you were 7. Sit your little ass down somewhere
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:30pm
At some point she has to quit focusing on them and focus on herself. I'm not implying Jess should be like "eff them" and disappear, but like I said you get over giving people advice that they don't use. Especially if you have to keep repeating the same advice over and over. Her sibs are adults who can and will do what they want.

You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped. Some people only learn when life smacks them in the face. As long as big sis is there to save the day they'll think they can do whatever they want without consequence and eventually they will use and abuse her (if they aren't already). Trust me, this is coming from much experience.

Ironically coco, this convo is demonstrating exactly what I'm saying. Both of us think we know what we're talking about and are trying to convince the other. Neither is changing their position and after we log off both of us will continue to think we're right. The same thing goes on with siblings. Your age doesn't matter when people think they know the truth.

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:43pm
coco as an older sibling I honestly know first hand that just because I tell my siblings something that doesnt mean they listen to me just because Im the oldest. Like babydoll said you cant help someone who doesnt want to be helped. Even though they are Jess's siblings there is only so much she can do especially if she said they are grown. If they were kids she could probably influence them a little easier but being that they are adults its up to them to make the best decisions regarding their lives. She's their sister not their parent she cant focus her attention on trying to help them all the time.

After a while it becomes like talking to a brick wall. You can only beat a dead horse for so long before realizing you will keep getting the same results every time.

Edited by niecy - Jan 05 2013 at 12:46pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style