Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Conditioning before deep conditioning?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditioning before deep conditioning?
    Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:12pm
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if you can condition your hair before or after deep conditioning. Since I'm going to be washing and deep conditioning my hair once or twice a week once I unbraid my hair, I'm wondering where my regular conditioner will come in.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:27pm
sounds like a waste of product unless you are asking about co-washing?  if you are talking about co-washing then you would use the regular conditioner to wash your hair and deep condition before or after. deep conditioning once a week is more than enough.

KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:18pm
So there's really no need for me to buy conditioner then is there? :/
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by KunoichiNindroid KunoichiNindroid wrote:

So there's really no need for me to buy conditioner then is there? :/

the conditioner would be for co-washing.  maybe im just not understanding you.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 5:19pm
i don't use a regular conditioner (just putting it on my hair for a few minutes) before doing a dc.  i will shampoo and then do the dc.  i only use regular conditioner in addition to dc if i detangle before my dc (and the dc has no slip).  i use my regular conditioner as a detangler.

now that i am doing the tightly curly method, i haven't dc'ed yet....i just use a heavy regular conditioner and leave it on...if i use a dc, i would slightly rinse it and leave that in too.  no, regular conditioner....i would only use it to detangle (if the dc has no slip).
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by KunoichiNindroid KunoichiNindroid wrote:

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if you can condition your hair before or after deep conditioning. Since I'm going to be washing and deep conditioning my hair once or twice a week once I unbraid my hair, I'm wondering where my regular conditioner will come in.

I was wondering the exact same thing
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 9:42pm
I use my normal conditioners to co-wash and as ingredients for my homemade leave-in, deep conditioners, and treatments. the only time I'll condition my hair quickly is if I'm in a rush or something, and that's rare.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 1:54pm
use regular conditioner (eg. Vo5)  to co-wash before deep conditioning with another conditioner that's meant for deep conditioning (e.g Motion CPR)

Edited by Wildfire - Mar 11 2013 at 1:54pm
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

use regular conditioner (eg. Vo5)  to co-wash before deep conditioning with another conditioner that's meant for deep conditioning (e.g Motion CPR)

I do this as well. This method is excellent if you have color treated/bleached hair.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 2:34pm
Deep conditioners are meant to be used without a regular conditioner. HOWEVER, my hair is very dried out, and the only way to get it as soft as possible is to do BOTH each time I wash (every 2-3 days). For people with healthier hair, you should only need DC without conditioner once a week. But if you've got a lot of damage to repair, you may want to try both and see the difference it makes.

Since my hair is dried out, but likely a little protein deprived as well, I sometimes like to mix conditioners together. Sometimes I'll use two deep conditioners together, or, my favourite, is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Honey I'm Strong. They compliment each other very well, and give me the perfect amount of protein and moisture that I need.

Everything works different for everyone, so it doesn't hurt to try something and see the results. Sometimes if I'm running low on conditioner I'll just mix it in with the DC and wash it out together. Remember, you'll get the best results if you rinse with cold water!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic