BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Community College- University

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:20pm
smh at giving the money back so late after classes start, im not sure if i can buy them on my own
i was under the impression that i didnt need to do that Cry (getting aid & all)

i honestly dont want to use at the school, id get less money back and for what :/

what do you think i should do?

Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

smh at giving the money back so late after classes start, im not sure if i can buy them on my own
i was under the impression that i didnt need to do that Cry (getting aid & all)

i honestly dont want to use at the school, id get less money back and for what :/

what do you think i should do?

What kind of classes are you taking?
Do you know the teacher's names?
You can kindly send them an email asking if you will be using the book all semester or like the first weeks of classes so you can get an idea?
That's what I would do first. 
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Does anyone know about Student/ School loans outside of getting them from the government and can I still get them from the government if I can't get Pell Grants?
you can still qualify for loans if you don't get the pell grant. I only used loans offered through my FAFSA. I said heck no to private loans

Okay so they still offer you loans through FAFSA ... okay cool.

and Private loans are like banks?
They're really bad? High interest rates?

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:32pm
I always tell ppl to transfer out of a 2 year college as soon as they can. 2 year schools will waste your time and you'll end up doing 3 years instead of 2. Transfer after the 1st semester. Then finish at a 4 year school. Bribby you are on a road to success. I worked full time and my job paid for my undergrad and I got pell grants and the other one i can't remember the name but you couldn't go lower than a B. I failed calculus 1 2ce and only passed the 3rd time cos the professor felt sorry for me and told me to come to his night class. He told me he would give me an A and that I didn't have to sit in his class after the 2nd week. I'm so proud of all of the women on this board that are registered in college. You can only determine your outcome...

I also found out the hard way that you don't have to had an IT degree to be in the IT field. They always train!!
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:36pm

Does anyone know about Student/ School loans outside of getting them from the government and can I still get them from the government if I can't get Pell Grants?
you can still qualify for loans if you don't get the pell grant. I only used loans offered through my FAFSA. I said heck no to private loans

Government loans are given based in your FAFSA results. Everyone should fill out a FAFSA....you never know what you could qualify for. I did the subsidized loan

I wa always told to stay away from private loans and I don't need them.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I always tell ppl to transfer out of a 2 year college as soon as they can. 2 year schools will waste your time and you'll end up doing 3 years instead of 2. Transfer after the 1st semester. Then finish at a 4 year school. Bribby you are on a road to success. I worked full time and my job paid for my undergrad and I got pell grants and the other one i can't remember the name but you couldn't go lower than a B. I failed calculus 1 2ce and only passed the 3rd time cos the professor felt sorry for me and told me to come to his night class. He told me he would give me an A and that I didn't have to sit in his class after the 2nd week. I'm so proud of all of the women on this board that are registered in college. You can only determine your outcome...

I also found out the hard way that you don't have to had an IT degree to be in the IT field. They always train!!

Wow what a story.
Well that's what it seems like I'm falling into. And my boyfriend & his mom kind of encourage me to stay here another semester... bc I work here, and that's what he did as well ended up being here 3 year but he DID get his associates.. While my parents are more leaning towards me transferring, but then again they let me do things on my own make my own decisions you know so they wont force me to do anything except get this degree lol

I want to get my associates but transferring is more important.. 

I just HAVE to get my bachelors but a lot of the guys on the job let me know its all about the Certifications and stuff so hopefully I can get a number of those along the way.
Especially microsoft and stuff since theyre so easy but I want the credentials lol
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:38pm

Government loans are given based in your FAFSA results. Everyone should fill out a FAFSA....you never know what you could qualify for. I did the subsidized loan

I wa always told to stay away from private loans and I don't need them.

Oh okay... And with the student loans from the government you don't have to start paying until you graduate?
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:39pm
torrent the books. Thats what I do.
eta: also sometimes the books will be in your university's library. Ask the prof to reserve it for the class. 

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jul 23 2013 at 2:42pm
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:47pm

Please dont do private loans...if u can help it...
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Please dont do private loans...if u can help it...

I probably wouldn't be able to get any if I tried? I don't have any credit

What is so bad about them though?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair