FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coloured Full Lace Wigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by cosmogirl cosmogirl wrote:

yum, that sounds really good. I'm just stalking a couple of CV's and celebrities for inspiration http://www.rpgshow.com/glueless-jessica-full-lace-human-hair-wig-wavy-clw044s-p-4695.html

I really like the colour of the hair but I've seen youtube reviews and the wig comes more like a 27 and looks patchy Confused

Oooh, that is really pretty.  You will want someone with somewhat of a skill to do that job.  I'd say to use a lower volume developer where you see the color turning from a darker blonde to a lighter blonde (use 30 developer on the lighter ends.  Timing is key.

I'm sorry, but the color job in that Ytube shot is horrid. Ouch
Sponsored Links

ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 2:16pm
@cosmogirl thanks!!! And yes it does tend to get drier and knots get weaker but I use Wen on my units so I don't normally have alot of problems with dryness but yep the hair does get dryer with the lighter colors
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Originally posted by cosmogirl cosmogirl wrote:

yum, that sounds really good. I'm just stalking a couple of CV's and celebrities for inspiration http://www.rpgshow.com/glueless-jessica-full-lace-human-hair-wig-wavy-clw044s-p-4695.html

I really like the colour of the hair but I've seen youtube reviews and the wig comes more like a 27 and looks patchy Confused

Oooh, that is really pretty.  You will want someone with somewhat of a skill to do that job.  I'd say to use a lower volume developer where you see the color turning from a darker blonde to a lighter blonde (use 30 developer on the lighter ends.  Timing is key.

I'm sorry, but the color job in that Ytube shot is horrid. Ouch

I know! I tried to find a couple of other video's for this wig - just in case she got a bad break but nooo they were all pretty dodgy.

I know it must be difficult doing these wigs en masse but a bit more blending would do wonders.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

@cosmogirl thanks!!! And yes it does tend to get drier and knots get weaker but I use Wen on my units so I don't normally have alot of problems with dryness but yep the hair does get dryer with the lighter colors

@ilovelife The unit I had from Rex back in the day went really dry it was #27 on the ends & #4 at the roots. It was nice but I found #4 too 'red' and I ended up dyeing it and add more of a #3 to the roots I think.

cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:04pm
I know that dyeing the hair can make it drier but can it also change the texture?

I'm thinking of ordering a dyed Chinese unit but I'm also keen to try a light yaki.

Shall I just leave it at the dye job?
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:32pm
I doubt that coloring a unit will change the texture of the hair
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:13pm
Not to chime in, but dyeing can defffffo change the texture of hair. I've dyed my natural curly hair a lot in my life, and when I bleached it a few times and dyed it, it literally straightened my hair out lolll. I dunno if it's different with wigs, but i would maybe say if u have a curly unit, be careful of smoothing the hair out too much when dyeing it lighter and lighter in case it straightens the curl a little bit. That's just my two cents lolll.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:56am
I thought it could change it a bit - I guess this would apply more for curly hair and silky straight may not be soooooo silky because of the hair drying out.

Has anyone bought a straight dyed chinese hair lace wig and how did it hold up?
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:16am

Are you asking whether the texture will change or are you asking will the pattern of the hair will change? I consider texture to be light yaki, kinky straight or silky, etc....

And pattern is considered to me to be either deep wave, body wave, curly etc....
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:43am
@starliteboo yes, I wondered if the texture of the hair changed. Back in the day I remember buying dyed BSS hair the hair was always silky straight out the packet but after it was washed it was never as straight as the other hair #4 that I was blending it with. 

This was BSS hair so not certain if this would apply to virgin (then dyed) hair direct from a CV.

I'm used to wearing CVR but thinking of venturing into Chinese light yaki' but I don't want the hair to 'big' and out of control.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic