Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Coloring weave/ tangling at the nape

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Pretty_Thick_Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pretty_Thick_Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring weave/ tangling at the nape
    Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:29pm
I ordered me some Brazilian bodywave from Aliexpress. The hair tangles at the nape of the neck.  Im not sure if this is from the fact that is just aliexpress hair or its because I have 5 bundles in my head and I placed the tracks very very very close together at the back. But the back does seem dry sometimes.  For the most part I can use my fingers to comb it out.  But anyway do you ladies have any suggestions on how to help that?

Second part l0l. I would like to dye the hair a auburn color. BUT my real hair is a natural black and I dont have a closure. I was wondering if i were to dye the weave an auburn but still have a very small leave out of my hair would it look bad. I was thinking that it would give the illusion of me having dark roots or something l0l. idk.

But yes I would love to hear you ladies suggestions.

Edited by Pretty_Thick_Me - Nov 14 2012 at 10:57pm
Sponsored Links

TRENDIIVERSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:04pm
I had this same issue, but after I switched to Dove (the gold label oil one) I  don't have an issue with tangling at all. I let my conditioner sit overnight though. With the coloring lol I debated trying this but i have yet to do so...I would leave the top of the top wefts black so it'll blend with your hair.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:59pm
I would agree to leave the tops of the wefts dark so this blends in more.

Was this a order from Karida or is this different vendor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pretty_Thick_Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:04pm
I used that dove shampoo that you are tlkin about and I can say that I do feel that I felt a difference the next day.  But if I do color the hair I will definitely be & letting it sit overnight in conditioner. I always use like numerous conditioners at one time and let them sit. BUT great idea about the leaving the wefts a little darker, im definitely going to be doing that.

& yes this is the Karida hair. I need to go update my thread on the hair w/ pics. But the hair looks pretty. Ppl compliment me all the time. Its jus tangles at the nape.  & Im wondering if I might have placed the tracks to close together because they are put very close together in the back.

Leezylocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leezylocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 8:21pm
The placement of the wefts is not the issue. If the hair is dry try deep conditioning it with an oil base moisturizing oil. I like the Organix moroccan argan penetrating oil.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pretty_Thick_Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:19am
I try to keep the hair as moisturized as I can because it only tangles at the nape. Nowhere else. I use argan oil, it's in a brown bottle can't remember who it's by. And these frutisce(ik I spelt wrong lol) leave in conditioner type stuff. I pretty much add it on there daily. Especially in the nape. & ik w/ the weather getting colder outside that's not going to help w/ my problem.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply