Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Colored Hair Spray

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
EmpireStateOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireStateOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colored Hair Spray
    Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:07am
I was on set a few months ago sitting in hair and makeup with a weave that had started to grow out. The stylist used a colored hair spray on my natural hair so there wouldn't be any difference in shade. She mentioned that Megalyn Echikunwoke had introduced her to it. I had never heard of it...it wasn't overly sticky and didn't make my hair crunchy but the color held. And of course I forgot the brand name she said it was. All I know is that it came in a silver container...I've been searching online and all I can seem to find are the cheap Halloween colored hair sprays.

So I was wondering if anyone could suggest a professional brand of colored hair spray. And is it safe to use daily on a small portion of your hair?
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:39pm
The only color hairsprays that  I know of that come in silver cans are by Jerome Russell (found at BSS, and some drug stores mainly Walgreens)  and Beyond the Zone (sold at SALLY's). Have you tried searching for grey coverage hairspray?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 5:57pm
Here's another one by Rita Hazan available at Sephora http://www.sephora.com/root-concealer-P282611?skuId=1316942

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by EmpireStateOM EmpireStateOM wrote:

I was on set a few months ago sitting in hair and makeup with a weave that had started to grow out. The stylist used a colored hair spray on my natural hair so there wouldn't be any difference in shade. She mentioned that Megalyn Echikunwoke had introduced her to it. I had never heard of it...it wasn't overly sticky and didn't make my hair crunchy but the color held. And of course I forgot the brand name she said it was. All I know is that it came in a silver container...I've been searching online and all I can seem to find are the cheap Halloween colored hair sprays.

So I was wondering if anyone could suggest a professional brand of colored hair spray. And is it safe to use daily on a small portion of your hair?

To answer your question, it depends on how often you wash your hair. The more product you use, the more buildup accumulates and the more you will need to shampoo. Only spray on parts where the roots will show such as the hairline and where your hair is parted. For better search results online, look up "root concealer spray". 
EmpireStateOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireStateOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:54pm
Very helpful...thank you! I'm going to try the Rita Hazan spray, it seems to have a lot of good reviews. Hopefully the color will match :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply