Angkor Cambodian Hair

Colored hair is ghetto?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516

Bootiful Cream

Author
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by snickerdoodle17_1 snickerdoodle17_1 wrote:

I was on a youtube and I found a video that describes exactly what I'm
going through. I love hair and I love changing my style. A couple of
days ago I was discussing with a guy I know about a haircolor I wanted
to try. He was like Color? He basically said that colored hair looked
unatural and ghetto on black girls and he hated seeing it. I was like
WAIT do you know how many white, asian , latino women dye their hair
unnatural colors? He told me when he sees a girl with a colored hair
thats how he knows its fake. Normally I would have rolled my eyes  and
thought it was HIS wierd thinking and I told other people about was this
silly boy said and they agreed!!!!!  I dont care if Im dark I love
color weaves because its unique and makes you stand out! How do you feel
about this issue? Do you color your weave? Any thoughts? heres a link
to the video http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_FXxatY14

It's a free country so sure .. anyone can do whatever they want witrh their hair. The thing is .. they cannoit control how all the rest of us view what they do with their hair.

Sorry, I agree with the above .. and yes, when other ethnic groups go with the 'colors' they look ghetto too.

SOME White people can look good in dyed blonde hair - not all .. but mostly they look like duplicates of Madonna with the big black eyebrows and the blonde hair.

UGLY.

Nicole Kidman is naturally a light strawberry blonde so when she went blonde it looks natural.

(The only caveat is the PUNK blue hair thingy. That's just for kids though not for adults working a real job).

Geesh .. a lot of peoole feel this way .. it;s amazing that folks here don't knoew this.
Sponsored Links

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Wik3ddd_Fr3shh Wik3ddd_Fr3shh wrote:

As long as the color suits you who cares what others think?

You're absolutely right. All I know is that IF anything (drugs, tattoos, piercings, Now and Later hair colors) , interferes with earning potential, then it's just plain stupid. Period.

From my observation, the people that have little to minimal interest in being self sufficient/self reliant usually have the most "colorful" & "expressive"  hairstyles and style of dress.

Some folks have more pride and fight/work hard to not be a negative stereotype/dependent upon public assistance/other folks supporting them and the kids they choose to pop out.

Surely La'Shaque-sha who doesn't work, is on Section 8, food stamps and TANF, gives ZERO fuhques of what anyone thinks of her green/purple/fire engine Red hair and surely her future baby daddies, who aren't working either, who don't pay any child support for their other numerous kids, thinks is the sexiest thing going.
LOL

I see an occassional woman who's colored hair is "rockerish" and cute. A few pics have been posted.

Rihanna has a "rocker/punk" look when she wears colored hair. It looks good on her. Doesn't look "ghetto" at all.

Nicki Minaj/Remy Ma/Blac Chyna not so much.  *cringes*

DonBellaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DonBellaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:24am
I think the question for you my lady isn't whether or not it's ghetto. It is whether or not it is seen as professional. Most corporate/professional jobs have a dress code where hair color is included. Can you imagine how disrespectful people would become toward Michelle Obama if she showed up to an event with baby blue fingerwaves or pastel purple 26 inch wand curls? She would lose all ground immediately. Whether you like it personally or not does not take away from the fact that prior to the 2010 only clowns, mimes, certain artists and street performers wore crayola colored hair. I'm not knocking it but you have to be honest of how the rest of the world will see you and treat you. You can't get upset if you cannot find a job over $10 an hour because your hair resembles a rainbow color. IJS

Edited by DonBellaDiva - Feb 26 2014 at 10:27am
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by DonBellaDiva DonBellaDiva wrote:

I think the question for you my lady isn't whether or not it's ghetto. It is whether or not it is seen as professional. Most corporate/professional jobs have a dress code where hair color is included. Can you imagine how disrespectful people would become toward Michelle Obama if she showed up to an event with baby blue fingerwaves or pastel purple 26 inch wand curls? She would lose all ground immediately. Whether you like it personally or not does not take away from the fact that prior to the 2010 only clowns, mimes, certain artists and street performers wore crayola colored hair. I'm not knocking it but you have to be honest of how the rest of the world will see you and treat you. You can't get upset if you cannot find a job over $10 an hour because your hair resembles a rainbow color. IJS

You hit the nail on the head. Some women don't have a desire to look like the Oprahs, Michelle Obamas, the Gabrielle Unions(of course she's not in the same category as Michelle Obama), etc. They WANT to look like the women featured on hot ghetto mess and the chics at the welfare office or fighting over baby daddies on Springer.

Surely some THINK they're pulling off a Rihanna/rock start look, but everything else about them doesn't carry over.

For some, appearing to be professional isn't a desire because there is no desire to work, let alone, be upwardly mobile. No one else is their social circle is, and a more polished/professional look doesn't attract the type of men they choose to date.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic