Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colored hair is ghetto?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Bunnybanx Bunnybanx wrote:

It depends solely on how a  person carries themselves I would never assume anyone is ghetto from the colors they have in their hair especially when neon and bright colors where just a major trend .I've had orange highlights, purple hair , and red hair, even a  bright red hue I deemed my "ratchet " red because it ended up  being way too light for my caramel skintone but it still looked amazing on me, I get a million compliments when I venture to the red end of the color scale and I've seen tons of women wear colorful hues on tumblr and instagram that didn't look "ghetto" but to each his own. Being a New YorkerI guess I'm more accepting of what people choose to wear, do or say and how they feel.

Yaaaas NY is way more open about hair! It's so many dark chicks with platinum blonde, blue, turquoise, pink hair and no one cares because its a fast paced city. Now if you live in CT like me, you'd get stares. I miss NY.
Sponsored Links

Bunnybanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnybanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:49pm

Bunnybanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnybanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:19am

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:41am

hawt
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:42am

KingsQueen9810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingsQueen9810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 8:27pm
I just think some people can pull off certain things that others may not be able to. Now if you have blue or purple or pink hair and your weave (or natural hair) looks nappy, dry, and just poorly done then it may look "ghetto" but when you have some beautiful, bouncy, healthy hair and it's blue you may not look "ghetto".

http://blackwomennaturalhairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Cydara.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DB9lN_dFAtA/T_N3WPEt0JI/AAAAAAAABFk/xPKpFyujxKQ/s1600/Photo+on+6-30-12+at+11.00+PM.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/37b545cebcd1e3d47f987870ac4a18f8/tumblr_mh5jc43E5C1qetvato1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cb25b8e1ea2f5fd1f38dbd93d6ac502b/tumblr_mp1uo3Usig1qg1i3mo1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwh33rZwvu1qffpj4o1_1280.jpg

Some can, some can't...at the end of the day it is all about what that person feels comfortable wearing and if they like it I love it
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 1:43pm
80% of the time, yes. So, yes, far more often than not.

Go to hotghettomess dot com or no way girl, and most likely the women featured there will have unrealistic, brightly colored weaves and wigs.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 1:53pm
Serious ?
If a person with so called "ghetto" characteristics and sense of style only hangs around with similar people, do they even realize that they're "ghetto" because their friends and social circle look and act like them, and compliment them because they find that look appealing?

I've always wondered what "ghetto" chics with the blue/gray contacts, large visible tatts, Lamb Chop's Play Along eyelashes, facial piercings, blue/blonde/orange/etc wig/weave invisible parts 2" wide/shiny bss lacefronts, rocking their Baby Phat/Coogi, think of let's say..hmm..Gabrielle Union, Sanaa Lathan, Ketty Washington's, etc simple hair styles and clothing choices.

Do they think those names I mentioned look "boring"?

I'm far from the style of Kerry Washington, and have never claimed to be "classy",  but I've always wondered what motivates "ghetto chics" to want to look like people that are usually the most UNsuccessful than the people that are usually the most successful?
Wik3ddd_Fr3shh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wik3ddd_Fr3shh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 2:30pm
As long as the color suits you who cares what others think?
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Serious ?
If a person with so called "ghetto" characteristics and sense of style only hangs around with similar people, do they even realize that they're "ghetto" because their friends and social circle look and act like them, and compliment them because they find that look appealing?

I've always wondered what "ghetto" chics with the blue/gray contacts, large visible tatts, Lamb Chop's Play Along eyelashes, facial piercings, blue/blonde/orange/etc wig/weave invisible parts 2" wide/shiny bss lacefronts, rocking their Baby Phat/Coogi, think of let's say..hmm..Gabrielle Union, Sanaa Lathan, Ketty Washington's, etc simple hair styles and clothing choices.

Do they think those names I mentioned look "boring"?

I'm far from the style of Kerry Washington, and have never claimed to be "classy",  but I've always wondered what motivates "ghetto chics" to want to look like people that are usually the most UNsuccessful than the people that are usually the most successful?

If your goal is to look cute at the weed house then they have achieved their mission. Not judging but slightly judging, not only do I question green hair , I also question where people are working with 28' ring curled hair. Confused

While I will admit my hair is in a blondish color now I am on leave from work but when I return it will be 1b cause while my job never said anything in writing I don;t have time for folks to be trying to pet my head like a science experiment.

I have had a few hoodrat moments and dyed my weave a red color but I was not working at all then.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic