Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Colored contacts  - How do you feel about them?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Colored contacts - How do you feel about them?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 54>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:51am
just came in to say eric serman has green/light eyes

Jolie what happened you were doing really well this year.  Idk how it's figured colored contacts = cooning.   People need to stop placing blacks, especially dark skinned blacks in a box.  Can't wear bright hair/anything other than black, can't wear red lipstick, can't have light eyes can't do this can't do that.

It's like certain black ppl expect us to walk around with not a lick of clothes, relaxer... nothing that might have a European influence  
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:54am
woah!
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Jolie what happened you were doing really well this year.  Idk how it's figured colored contacts = cooning.   People need to stop placing blacks, especially dark skinned blacks in a box.  Can't wear bright hair/anything other than black, can't wear red lipstick, can't have light eyes can't do this can't do that.

It's like certain black ppl expect us to walk around with not a lick of clothes, relaxer... nothing that might have a European influence  

LOL, I'm not interested in "doing well" on BHM, though. This isn't a college class. This isn't my work and I'm not supposed to hand in a paper at the end of the year. And I never said anything along the lines of can't wear makeup/red lipstick and only walking around completely bare. What I said is that people need to pick colours that suit their complexion and undertones. The same way you choose a foundation.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

@eanaj5...I'll take that.

But she did say "how do you feel...".

Recently there was a thread about a black woman getting fired from her job as a waitress because they felt her blonde highlights were unacceptable for a black woman.

Then here comes Junkyard, on the world wide web, boastfully calling "dark skinned women with contacts" ugly and stating they shouldn't wear them.

So should every black woman in the world lose her job because she has a beauty enhancement? Colored hair, contacts, or anything else for that matter.

Should they feel ugly and ashamed for something they feel makes them more attractive?

No...no they should not.

I think her point is that the reason they feel more attractive is because they are wearing white ppl colored eyes and this is wrong because they clearly look like the are of African descent...  So I THINK in her eyes yes they should be ashamed cause they only reason they want that look is to look white, aint no way a black person could have natural light eyes
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:00pm
Damn this sh*t is still going? Anything good happen in the past 10 pages?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

LOL, I'm not interested in "doing well" on BHM, though. This isn't a college class. This isn't my work and I'm not supposed to hand in a paper at the end of the year. And I never said anything along the lines of can't wear makeup/red lipstick and only walking around completely bare. What I said is that people need to pick colours that suit their complexion and undertones. The same way you choose a foundation.

Girl that is not what you said at first, stop it.  And no you didn't say that but everything in your O.P.  is the same as what Asap Rocky said women getting fired for blond in their hair,  when a black women walks into an expensive shop and gets that look.. It all fit together, Black (dark skinned) women and men for that matter shouldn't venture out because you only look right with that dark hair, dark eye combo.  

I HATE this thinking, this is the reason why so many black women are afraid to wear bright dresses.  My cousin won't dare go to  a club in anything but a black dress because in her head colors don't look good. 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:05pm
^^I've been saying the same thing over and over for 28 pages, so I'm kinda tired of repeating myself. No offense. And I don't think that people should get fired for having blond hair either. That is mixing up issues that I didn't even evoked. You shouldn't get fired from a job from your appearance, unless you're going to work stinky and sweaty.
As for bright dresses, saturated colors look great on a lot of dark-skinned women, imo. What I'm saying is wear colours that actually compliment you and enhance your beauty, not distract from it.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:11pm
Ya'll have to admit some of that ish look ridic even on lighter colored black women.

But I digress...
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:16pm
My last post 0_0 sorry yall. I was on my phone.

But,

It's sad that we receive criticism from

1. Our men
2. Other men
3. Other women
4. Our own women

The world truly will not let us be. We're ugly if we do and we're ugly if we don't. We're stupid whether we've graduated magna cum laude or whether we made the decision to not attend a university. We'll forever be less no matter what we do. You try to assimilate and people still have things to say. You embrace your natural essence and people STILL have things to say. It's a never ending cycle.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^^I've been saying the same thing over and over for 28 pages, so I'm kinda tired of repeating myself. No offense. And I don't think that people should get fired for having blond hair either. That is mixing up issues that I didn't even evoked. You shouldn't get fired from a job from your appearance, unless you're going to work stinky and sweaty.
As for bright dresses, saturated colors look great on a lot of dark-skinned women, imo. What I'm saying is wear colours that actually compliment you and enhance your beauty, not distract from it.

if you would have said this, the thread would have been 4 pages MAX, maybe 10 if people decided to post pics.  i can agree with this.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 54>
  Share Topic