Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Colored contacts  - How do you feel about them?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Colored contacts - How do you feel about them?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 55>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

that might be JP but you didnt say anything about a light skinned woman with a norwegian blond wig in your OP

you can disagree, I respect that but I'm going to continue to cape for dark skinned women .... dark skinned women need a break not more ridicule

btw I didn't read the thread to see where you may have rephrased the OP

So I needed to include EVERY POSSIBLE THING THAT I dislike in my original post for you to get the gist of it? Did I have to mention white midgets with dreadlocks too? LOL. You're just doing the most. As if you're the only one "caping" for dark-skinned women. Give me a break. The title and the OP couldn't possibly have been clearer
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:54pm
let me add ....please don't start posting those same ole tired pics of that blue eyed baby and aboriginal folks n'sh*t.  we can't claim them in one thread and "they ain't all the way black" in the next.  claiming asian folks as black n'sh*t cause....look just please don't. just be embarrassing ourselves with that one.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

sorry about that.  i'll try to be more....clear. I understand the meat of your OP was regarding the contacts but u did add "fake make up, fake hair and fake eyes".

I guess what i'm trying to get at is that u form favourable assumptions and opinions on folks who wear natural hair and eyes when that person can be the cooniest coony coon on the planet. While with other folks...it's an automatic negative on their life...just based upon what they look like.  

I added my own anecdote "naturaled out and organicked fo the Gods" to show the possibility that these people that u see that u hold in favor...that natural look just might be for that day and vice versa.  U could see the same person the next day rocking a totally different look and then what would u think?  The day before they were proud to be black(because they wore their hair out)...the next day because they are wearing a blonde/purple ombre unit and lashes they hate themselves?

*shrugs*  meh. like I said.  I can't be mad.  Most folks judge and form opinions based upon looks regularly.  Human nature.

sorry for these long posts...that'll prolly be my last one.  sh*t.  i'm supposed to be working. let me get outta here.

[/QUOTE]

I only started to introduce hair and makeup because other posters introduced it by saying "how is wearing fake green eyes different than people who wear relaxed hair". You are misunderstanding me, as I have absolutely NOTHING against weaves and makeup and lashes. Nor do I assume that every natural head is proud to be black. But to act like changing your eye colour to a western standard is the same as wearing a shoulder length yaki weave is crazy to me. I have a hard time believing that there isn't some self-hatred involved when I see a grown woman of say, Gabrielle Union, or Gabourey Sidibe or Alek Wek's complexion wearing blue contacts. Not to mention that it SIMPLY ISN'T FLATTERING.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:03am

Beyonce wears blond wigs and no one is pointing and laughing ... might be tired of it but no one is jeering

it's impossible to pretend you can't see the blatant racist brain washing at play

then people have the nerve to turn the tables and blame self hate instead of the ridiculous notion of this damn lily white ideal

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:07am

frankly you should consider WHY you think it laughable and unflattering ...

there are people that wear blue hair, etc that don't evoke that type of visceral reaction

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:08am

Beyonce wears blond wigs and no one is pointing and laughing ... might be tired of it but no one is jeering

it's impossible to pretend you can't see the blatant racist brain washing at play

then people have the nerve to turn the tables and blame self hate instead of the ridiculous notion of this damn lily white ideal

I have judged Beyoncé's stupid ass blond wigs numerous times on here. Try again. I hate seeing black women wearing blond hair, whatever the hue. At the most, I can tolerate some blond highlights IF it works with the person's complexion, which does happen, although rare.

Racist brainwashing? Lily white ideal? What is your point? So for me to say that a dark-skinned black woman wearing light contacts looks unnatural and ugly means that I have a "lily white ideal"? Wouldn't that suggest to you the opposite? You're not even making any sense.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:08am

frankly you should consider WHY you think it laughable and unflattering ...

there are people that wear blue hair, etc that don't evoke that type of visceral reaction

Because they might not be doing it for the same reason? You know, this little thing called context?
As for why I think it's laughable, I must have said it a thousand times throughout this thread. What does the word "UNNATURAL" evoke to you? stop reaching

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 19 2013 at 12:15am
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:12am
So much reach and butthurt in this thread Disapprove

When will it end?

And its only Tuesday...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:14am

A thread of dark skin women and ugliness on a black women's forum ... who's really doing the most

these are some very deep seated ideas that we've all heard before and they need dispelling

I'm the only one?  what?  have you read the last few pages?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:17am

A thread of dark skin women and ugliness on a black women's forum ... who's really doing the most

these are some very deep seated ideas that we've all heard before and they need dispelling

I'm the only one?  what?  have you read the last few pages?

Now I know you're just bullshytting. Because you know damn well by now that I have never associated dark skin in itself as ugly, but if you want to keep pretending that shyt and play high and mighty, knock yourself out, really. I know you're being deliberately obtuse and trying to score points.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 55>
  Share Topic