Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Colored contacts  - How do you feel about them?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Colored contacts - How do you feel about them?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 54>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I tend to automatically dismiss a dark skinned girl's looks

Never read the thread just the first and last pages. But what does this mean? If not that you conclude that they are ugly, not worthy of a second glance something along those lines? How exactly do you dismiss someone's looks? Do you shut your eyes tightly? Can you not see any beauty past or in spite of those contacts?

It's very convenient for you to cut my sentence off like that. What were you trying to accomplish by doing that if not conveying a meaning that is completely different than what is actually expressed in the FULL sentence? Try harder.

Try harder to do what? I ask you a question, I cut that part because when i read your OP that phrase was what baffled me. and since the OP was up I never bothered to quote the rest. Simple simple business.

GK done called it from pg 1 still

The phrase bothers you but you don't read the entire phrase and thus change the meaning of it? OK. That makes sense.

I edited my last post. Bothers not at all. I was confused as to "exactly how one dismisses the beauty of another" I read your OP in its entirety, it was short and I understood what you were attempting to convey. CC posted the entire OP just above your post. When i originally posted you had just asked something like "where did i say they were ugly" based on th dismissal of their beauty can you not see how it would be perceived that you were saying they are ugly, even if that is not so?

So one more time how do you dismiss the rest of their features for that one perceived flaw? Do your eyes glaze over and everything else becomes a blur? Can you not see nice bone structure . facial symmetry, lips, face shape etc etc

JP I'm not trying to shade/creat drama/offend you in any way. Just curious

Edited by Diane (35) - Nov 18 2013 at 11:33pm
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:37pm

we really need to give dark skinned women a break

imagine getting told in every way ... subconsciously, consciously, overtly, covertly ... through media, family, friends, professionally, socially, politically

that you are not the ideal, you can never be the ideal and don't even try to be the ideal

we have to fight it, if for nothing more than principal sake but some just don't know that yet or can't fight that fight yet

give them a break

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:41pm

I tend to automatically dismiss a dark skinned girl's looks
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Never read the thread just the first and last pages. But what does this mean? If not that you conclude that they are ugly, not worthy of a second glance something along those lines? How exactly do you dismiss someone's looks? Do you shut your eyes tightly? Can you not see any beauty past or in spite of those contacts?</span>

It's very convenient for you to cut my sentence off like that. What were you trying to accomplish by doing that if not conveying a meaning that is completely different than what is actually expressed in the FULL sentence? Try harder.

Try harder to do what? I ask you a question, I cut that part because when i read your OP that phrase was what baffled me. and since the OP was up I never bothered to quote the rest. Simple simple business.

GK done called it from pg 1 still

The phrase bothers you but you don't read the entire phrase and thus change the meaning of it? OK. That makes sense.

I edited my last post. Bothers not at all. I was confused as to "exactly how one dismisses the beauty of another" I read your OP in its entirety, it was short and I understood what you were attempting to convey. CC posted the entire OP just above your post. When i originally posted you had just asked something like "where did i say they were ugly" based on th dismissal of their beauty can you not see how it would be perceived that you were saying they are ugly, even if that is not so?

So one more time how do you dismiss the rest of their features for that one perceived flaw? Do your eyes glaze over and everything else becomes a blur? Can you not see nice bone structure . facial symmetry, lips, face shape etc etc

JP I'm not trying to shade/creat drama/offend you in any way. Just curious

The problem is for me that the fake looking contacts distract from whatever beauty there might be. Just like ugly clothes, too much makeup, not enough makeup and horrible hair will distract from whatever beauty there might be. We all do things to enhance our looks. I just happen to think that fake colored contacts on some people does exactly the opposite. I'm not trying to create drama either. It's just that there is a lot of distortion of what I actually said in this thread.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

imagine getting told in every way ... subconsciously,
consciously, overtly, covertly ... through media, family, friends,
professionally, socially, politically

that you are not the ideal, you can never be the ideal and don't even try to be the ideal

we have to fight it, if for nothing more than principal sake but some just don't know that yet or can't fight that fight yet

give them a break

Anyone who knows my posting style would know for a fact that I'm not on a witch hunt against dark skinned women. I'm hardly the one to be color struck, I abhor it. So I'm dismissing that argument. I would say exactly the same of some light skinned woman with a fake looking solid Norwegian blond wig on.
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:48pm
I knew a dark skinned black man with blue eyes and they were real so the person might not be wearing contacts.  http://kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane.blogspot.com/2013/02/blacks-with-blue-eyes-natural.html 

Edited by jmarie - Nov 18 2013 at 11:49pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

imagine getting told in every way ... subconsciously,
consciously, overtly, covertly ... through media, family, friends,
professionally, socially, politically

give them a break

Exactly this.

It's the same thing we say to male posters all the time. Why come to a black female board to insult black females? Why come to a black female board that clearly has dark women and go out of your way to insult them. And then defend that ish like you weren't wrong in the first place.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:50pm
that might be JP but you didnt say anything about a light skinned woman with a norwegian blond wig in your OP

you can disagree, I respect that but I'm going to continue to cape for dark skinned women .... dark skinned women need a break not more ridicule

btw I didn't read the thread to see where you may have rephrased the OP
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:51pm
james avery pt 2
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:51pm
^^OMG, I just knew the pics would eventually come . Where are the pics of that little blue eyed Asian boy who can see in the dark?   
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:51pm

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I tend to automatically dismiss a dark skinned girl's looks when she wears those fake ass, green or grey eye contacts (unless she's in costume, that is). My assumption is that she's ugly and hiding behind fake makeup, fake hair and fake eyes. Does anybody else feel that way? I just feel it ruins everything.

OK. I think that black women with anything than 1b hurr
is H.A.M when I proudly rock my own nappy hair? Where did I say this in
THE ENTIRE THREAD, though?
And I'm not judging you since I have no
idea what you look like. And you cannot be judging me because I look
fabulous. No trade off. Sorry.

Baheee!! LOL girl no.  I didn't say anything about natural hair.   I think natural hair is gorgeous...in it's natural colour or wildly coloured.  Wish I could grow some.

I was talmbout colour only tho...not texture.  U indicated in your OP that dark women with coloured contacts etc are ugly....in your opinion. *shrugs*  U are in a sense being judgey at least a lil bit. (IMO)  Maybe not to me but with other women u come into contact with.   U are forming....such a strong opinion based upon what u see only.  That they feel some type of way about their natural hair or features because they do what they do.

I feel strongly about this because the same people who assume things about me because I look a certain way on one day never seem to see me when I'm rocking my 4bcd 10inch afro joint with shell earrings n'sh*t...naturaled out and organicked fo the Gods.  With me ..hair has gotten to the point that it's not that deep.  I can't allow it to be. 

So to go the other way.   What do you think of women who u catch on a particular day wearing natural hair and modest make up?   What do u assume about them?

come Jolie, come gyal.  Let we trade off.  LOL

My original post wasn't even about hair. It was about unnatural looking coloured contacts. I don't really understand what you're trying to say in this post but I'll try to answer. What do I think of women who I see wearing their natural hair and modest makeup? I don't mind one bit. What do I think of relaxed hair/weaves? I don't mind either as long as they don't look unnaturally silky and flaming blond. I wear weaves and wigs on occasion myself, I also wear makeup, so shrug. Am I being judgey? Absolutely. I feel these women are trying to conform to some kind of Eurocentric type of beauty that simply doesn't suit them when they wear unnatural looking contacts. Not to mention that they think it looks good when imo it looks REALLY BAD.

sorry about that.  i'll try to be more....clear. I understand the meat of your OP was regarding the contacts but u did add "fake make up, fake hair and fake eyes".

I guess what i'm trying to get at is that u form favourable assumptions and opinions on folks who wear natural hair and eyes when that person can be the cooniest coony coon on the planet. While with other folks...it's an automatic negative on their life...just based upon what they look like.  

I added my own anecdote "naturaled out and organicked fo the Gods" to show the possibility that these people that u see that u hold in favor...that natural look just might be for that day and vice versa.  U could see the same person the next day rocking a totally different look and then what would u think?  The day before they were proud to be black(because they wore their hair out)...the next day because they are wearing a blonde/purple ombre unit and lashes they hate themselves?

*shrugs*  meh. like I said.  I can't be mad.  Most folks judge and form opinions based upon looks regularly.  Human nature.

sorry for these long posts...that'll prolly be my last one.  sh*t.  i'm supposed to be working. let me get outta here.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 54>
  Share Topic