Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Colored contacts  - How do you feel about them?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

Colored contacts - How do you feel about them?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 55>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 03 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 46205
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:47pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 123340
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Did you say you openly laugh at and mock dark skin women who attempt this? If so, that's not exactly self esteem bolstering...


If "THIS" refers to wearing fake green eyes that don't go with your complexion or features, than yes. How does one get to conclude that I think dark-skinned girls are ugly? That is a hell of a comprehension fail.



No I totally get that you think these contacts look bad on dark skin women but is it ok to put them down because of it? Do you agree with making fun of them? Would you appreciate if someone picked something about you to mock?


Did I tell you that I walked to the last woman I saw with these ugly contacts and tell her that she looked like hell? Or even participate in some of the mocking I've actually overheard? If not, what is your point?
Or is it that I have the nerve to state my opinion openly on a hair board? Opinion which by the way has been stated before by others in other threads? Have you never posted about someone's looks on bhm, ever? If that is the case, congrats, you're a saint
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 123340
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:49pm
And why is this 18 pages anyway if it's such a played out topic? Why all this passion about it? The title is clear as day. If you don't like the topic, it's easy not to click.
Back to Top
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Oct 14 2010
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 29352
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Did you say you openly laugh at and mock dark skin women who attempt this? If so, that's not exactly self esteem bolstering...


If "THIS" refers to wearing fake green eyes that don't go with your complexion or features, than yes. How does one get to conclude that I think dark-skinned girls are ugly? That is a hell of a comprehension fail.



No I totally get that you think these contacts look bad on dark skin women but is it ok to put them down because of it? Do you agree with making fun of them? Would you appreciate if someone picked something about you to mock?


Did I tell you that I walked to the last woman I saw with these ugly contacts and tell her that she looked like hell? Or even participate in some of the mocking I've actually overheard? If not, what is your point?
Or is it that I have the nerve to state my opinion openly on a hair board? Opinion which by the way has been stated before by others in other threads? Have you never posted about someone's looks on bhm, ever? If that is the case, congrats, you're a saint


I was just asking questions
If there was a point to make I guess it would be
Why does it(the contact wearing) bother you?
Other than that I was just curious...
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 123340
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

And this whole site is about judging looks, so please, let's quit the hypocrisy


No it isn't... Some people make it that but that's not what bhm represents.


If I had to sit here and read all the celebrity threads (or people on WSHH about what so and so is wearing and how they're wearing it, I would still be here in 50 years. So spare me the bull...
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 123340
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Did you say you openly laugh at and mock dark skin women who attempt this? If so, that's not exactly self esteem bolstering...


If "THIS" refers to wearing fake green eyes that don't go with your complexion or features, than yes. How does one get to conclude that I think dark-skinned girls are ugly? That is a hell of a comprehension fail.



No I totally get that you think these contacts look bad on dark skin women but is it ok to put them down because of it? Do you agree with making fun of them? Would you appreciate if someone picked something about you to mock?


Did I tell you that I walked to the last woman I saw with these ugly contacts and tell her that she looked like hell? Or even participate in some of the mocking I've actually overheard? If not, what is your point?
Or is it that I have the nerve to state my opinion openly on a hair board? Opinion which by the way has been stated before by others in other threads? Have you never posted about someone's looks on bhm, ever? If that is the case, congrats, you're a saint


I was just asking questions
If there was a point to make I guess it would be
Why does it(the contact wearing) bother you?
Other than that I was just curious...


Asked and answered a hundred times, so I'm pretty sure you're past being curious at this point...
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 176274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

*an only read page 1 post*


In answer to Jolie.  Nope.  I don't assume that they are tryna cover up or be anything else based upon looks.  I used to but then realized that I was doing the same thing that I hate being done to me.  Maybe because i'm one of those women...well maybe not contacts but I do know that I would prolly get judged by some here because I love more than 1B coloured hair, wear lashes, sometimes un average make up and virgin hair.   Not for a special occasion or party but because it's Wednesday.

Try not to assume Jolie.  Give folks the benefit of the doubt sometimes. Some of the most cooning, self hating people hide in plain site behind natural hair and no makeup.








Hide being natural hair and no makeup. Hmmmm... That makes sense.
I don't have to give the benefit of the doubt because it's my OPINION. Now if y'all are saying that I'm not aloud to express my OPINION on BHM, than I will respond that I don't really care. I will say exactly what I think, when I want.




I'm not saying u can't express an opinion Jolie.  U think black women with anything other than 1b hurr and brown eyes is a H.A.M.  I'm not mad at that. I get judged all day everyday by my peoples. It is what it is. All i'm saying is don't be so quick to judge and assume self hate based upon looks.  

How's about we do a trade off.   U don't judge me for being extra and I won't judge you for being average. Handshake
Back to Top
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 27 2005
Location: Delta Quadrant
Status: Offline
Points: 73003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (19) Thanks(19)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

@ Ricky: This is getting stupid and tiring. Look at the title of the thread. Look at my first post. Where do I say that dark skinned girls are ugly? I'm dark skinned myself and I think I'm pretty fly! If you have a point to make, make it, but don't distort what I'm saying. I've repeated myself a hundred times in this thread, so I know I've been pretty clear. My opinion is that the fake light eyes on dark skinned girls is ugly. I'd rather see someone rock their own beautiful brown eyes than trying to look like an ethnicity they are not. I have a right to feel that way. If that doesn't sit well with some, too bad. I can't say I'm surprised, though. BHM is kind of hypocritical about these sorts of issues. Whoever agrees, agrees. Whoever disagrees, disagrees. I'm not here on a popularity contest. Just don't twist my words.


Umm, maybe the 2nd sentence of your OP?

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I tend to automatically dismiss a dark skinned girl's looks when she wears those fake ass, green or grey eye contacts (unless she's in costume, that is). My assumption is that she's ugly and hiding behind fake makeup, fake hair and fake eyes. Does anybody else feel that way? I just feel it ruins everything.


I didn't bother to read this whole thread but you been here long enough to know that the topic of dark skinednessness is always a hot topic, and so is colored contacts.  Why are you acting like you are being so "misunderstood" and being attacked?  You specifically pointed out dark skin as opposed to saying contact wearers in general regardless of skin tone.

The only hypocrisy I see is you acting like you don't like drama, as much as you like to argue in any thread...

Back to Top
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2008
Location: Babylon
Status: Offline
Points: 138142
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

My grandfather had dark dark dark blue eyes and was purely West African.
Cataracts?
















I kid LOL





















or am IStern Smile



Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 123340
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

*an only read page 1 post*


In answer to Jolie.  Nope.  I don't assume that they are tryna cover up or be anything else based upon looks.  I used to but then realized that I was doing the same thing that I hate being done to me.  Maybe because i'm one of those women...well maybe not contacts but I do know that I would prolly get judged by some here because I love more than 1B coloured hair, wear lashes, sometimes un average make up and virgin hair.   Not for a special occasion or party but because it's Wednesday.

Try not to assume Jolie.  Give folks the benefit of the doubt sometimes. Some of the most cooning, self hating people hide in plain site behind natural hair and no makeup.








Hide being natural hair and no makeup. Hmmmm... That makes sense.
I don't have to give the benefit of the doubt because it's my OPINION. Now if y'all are saying that I'm not aloud to express my OPINION on BHM, than I will respond that I don't really care. I will say exactly what I think, when I want.




I'm not saying u can't express an opinion Jolie.  U think black women with anything other than 1b hurr and brown eyes is a H.A.M.  I'm not mad at that. I get judged all day everyday by my peoples. It is what it is. All i'm saying is don't be so quick to judge and assume self hate based upon looks.  

How's about we do a trade off.   U don't judge me for being extra and I won't judge you for being average. Handshake


OK. I think that black women with anything than 1b hurr is H.A.M when I proudly rock my own nappy hair? Where did I say this in THE ENTIRE THREAD, though?
And I'm not judging you since I have no idea what you look like. And you cannot be judging me because I look fabulous. No trade off. Sorry.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 55>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down