Angkor Cambodian Hair

College QB Beaten by Rival Players

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College QB Beaten by Rival Players
    Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 10:22pm

CIAA title game cancelled after WSSU QB beaten at luncheon

Rudy Johnson

Winston-Salem State University quarterback Rudy Johnson

Winston-Salem, N.C. — The starting quarterback for Winston-Salem State University, Rudy Johnson, was beaten up one day before his team was to play for the CIAA championship, forcing the conference to cancel the title game.

School spokeswoman Nancy Young said Friday that Johnson was assaulted in a bathroom during a luncheon hosted on campus for the Rams and their opponent, Virginia State. The two teams were scheduled play for the CIAA title on Saturday in Winston-Salem.

“I am saddened to report that at today's CIAA pre-championship game luncheon held at the Anderson Center of the WSSU campus that our starting quarterback, Rudy Johnson, was viciously beaten by one or more members of the Virginia State football team," WSSU Chancellor Donald J. Reaves said in a statement. "There is no excuse for the behavior of the Virginia State players. One suspect has admitted to his role in the attack and has been arrest on criminal assault charges. The University Police Department is attempting to identify the other VSU players who were involved. Today's event was supposed to be a celebration for both teams and for all the players who were being recognized for an outstanding season. The actions from the Virginia State players certainly changed the outcome for everyone.”

According to the Winston-Salem Journal, 22-year-old Virginia State junior running back Lamont Darnell Britt was arrested by WSSU campus police and charged with misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury. Britt is being held in the Forsyth County Jail with bond set at $7,500.

The Winston-Salem Journal reported that five Virginia State players were involved. As a byproduct of the incident, the CIAA volleyball championship has also been called off.

"Based on the incident that occurred today, and after consulting with the leadership of each institution and the Football and Volleyball championship committees, the CIAA is saddened to announce that this weekend's Football and Volleyball conference championships that were scheduled to take place in Winston-Salem have been canceled," the conference said in a release Friday. "On the eve of such an important weekend for dozens of our student-athletes, many of whom have waited a lifetime for such a moment, we are left to focus instead on what might have been.

"We did not make this decision lightly, as its impact is far and wide - affecting our student-athletes, alumni, fans, sponsors and more," the release continued. "But the CIAA has long had policies to encourage responsible behavior, and must consider what is necessary to assure days like today are not repeated, ever." 

Both Winston-Salem State and Virginia State are 9-1. The Rams lost to Valdosta State in the NCAA Division II championship game last year.

The game, scheduled to air on MeTV 50.2 on Saturday, will no longer be seen because of Friday's incident. MeTV will instead air regular scheduled programming. Gunsmoke will be seen at 1 p.m. followed by Bonanza at 2 p.m. and Rawhide at 3 p.m.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1852561-ciaa-championship-game-cancelled-after-attack-on-winston-salem-state-qb

Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 10:49pm
A damn shame.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:41pm
that's a shame and a waste. sucks for all the players who worked so hard to get there.

glad there wasn't an immediate coverup
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 10:57am
I thought this sounded like a scene out of a movie.Dead

They also cancelled the volleyball game too just in case.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 11:25am
not to hijack, but since we are talking about colleges and athletes, CC, I'm sure you saw this on your FB timeline as well

I Wish I Was More Surprised At What A Student Exposed About His School, But I'm Not

The lack of students of color on college campuses across the country continues to perpetuate massive opportunity gaps between our communities. This young man decided to speak up about what he was seeing — or more importantly not seeing — on his home campus.

i have mixed feelings about it, but i thought it was interested. and i'm too lazy to create my own thread

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Nov 16 2013 at 11:27am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 11:50am
I never saw the spoken word poem but I read the article. Damn. I know UCLA is not the only university that is like this but UCLA looks real sh*tty right about now.

OT: I'm about to scalp the boy at 1:50 and sell his hair on BHM to further my educational dream.Stern Smile
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 12:29pm
Vollyball team like WTF we doLOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 6:44pm
^Right?! LOL

I guess The school is worried about volleyball players getting down and dirty too?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 6:46pm
I think they just realize sports shouldn't be the focus right now
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:19pm
oh no

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply