Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Shampoo & Conditioners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coconut oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Nubialady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubialady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coconut oil
    Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 10:37am
I have heard of the benefits of coconut oil so I want to try it on my hair. Any tips on how to use it, do you use it on dry or wet hair? I have seen loads of videos on Youtube...any recommendations...thanks!
Sponsored Links

DeeDee58517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeDee58517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 8:20pm
I'd like to know too! My friend gave me a jar of it and I want to do something with it. But I've heard something about not using it in the winter time (if you live in cold areas) because it'll solidify.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 3:20pm
i use it on dry hair as a prepoo. i put it on and sleep with it overnight.  i don't use it as my regular oil b/c i am one of those people whose hair gets rough from using coconut oil on it.  i do love the stuff though..but i don't use it on my hair if i am going out b/c i will look like who dun it and ran!  i use jojoba or jbco for that.
DeeDee58517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeDee58517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2010 at 10:42am
@Heav, what exactly is a pre-poo?
Nubialady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubialady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2010 at 2:14pm
OK thanks so much...I'm going to try it.
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 4:09pm
It's been in the 20s-30s where I live lately and I recently decided to try coconut oil.
I too bought it in that buttered form but I used my hair dryer to melt I down and combined the oil with evoo and grapeseed oil, and a lil bit of some carols daughter antibreakage oil.

So far it's still liquid and the majority of the oil coconut.

I'm just starting out w/ my hair journey and finding my staples, I use this at night on my ends when I wrap and as a body oil.
lacehairwigs uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacehairwigs uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 12:18pm
i use it as hot oil and sealant or to oil my scalp
Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 3:03pm
I mostly use it as a prepoo. 
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 7:13pm
I use it as a pre-poo also.  Basically the day before I shampoo my hair, I slather some coconut oil on my hair, wear a plastic cap, and go to bed, in the morning or afternoon I shampoo as normal.
gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 7:33pm
i'm going to use this as a prepoo now. Lately i've been using it as a sealer for my moisturizer and also on my skin. 
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic