BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dry Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

coconut oil vs. shea butter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
SandraWood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandraWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 10:54pm
In my family we all use coconut oil. It makes our skin so smooth and soft. Never try Shea Butter.

http://www.one-visa.com/ - Singapore Work Pass
http://villamanuel.com/ - Villa Manuel Antonio
http://www.hptourtravel.com/ - Himachal Pradesh Travel
http://www.singapore-visa.net/ - How to apply for Singapore Visa
Sponsored Links

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 4:02pm
Tried them both. Hated coconut oil. it was just like olive oil on my skin. It just left my oily and crispy feeling. But shea butter is the bomb. If you mix it with aloe vera gel and glycerin, you got the most moisturizing cream for the winter!!!
DivaCrat09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaCrat09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2012 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by GoatGoatEtc. GoatGoatEtc. wrote:

I use a mixture of both so I'm indifferent. But I've understood and experienced that if you put either of these two, or anything moisturizing for that matter, on immediately after getting out of the shower while your skin is swollen and receptive to moisture, shockingly your skin will be great!

It's the same as wetting your hair and moisturizing and sealing your hair.

Totally agree with this statement. I mix it up. I use Coconut oil sometimes but in the winter months I have to use something heavier. I mentioned applying the moisture after leaving the shower and other methods on
my blog here.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Salon FL Salon FL wrote:

Hi all,

I used to with both. But normally shea butter in winter and coconut oil in summer.
Twisted_Angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2012 at 9:05am
Well its summertime over here everyday I will have to give coconut oil a try. And I don't know where to go to find pure shea butter.
Jujube06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujube06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2012 at 12:00pm
Never tried coconut oil. Shea butter works for me. 
twotwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twotwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Tried them both. Hated coconut oil. it was just like olive oil on my skin. It just left my oily and crispy feeling. But shea butter is the bomb. If you mix it with aloe vera gel and glycerin, you got the most moisturizing cream for the winter!!!

Pure coconut oil made my dry skin even drier. Shea butter is better once you get past the scent.
BrittanyOnHerOwn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittanyOnHerOwn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 5:21pm
I usually use cocoa butter as well. From reading though, I think I may way to try coconut oil now. I have a good friend of mines, she gets this lotion stuff from this really nice lady in atlanta,like she sends it to my friend all the time. I know it has shea butter in it, but theres other things in it too. It feels REALLY good,and has a good smell. My home girl swears by the stuff. Seriously.lol Im gonna call her and see if she can tell me what it is and come back and post it on here for you guys. I dont mind sharing the good productsThumbs Up

******Brittany
BrittanyOnHerOwn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittanyOnHerOwn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 5:22pm
Ive heard alot of people say that about coconut oil. idk though, maybe its all in how much you use
femminathomas56326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femminathomas56326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 2:05am
shea butter is better then coconut oil.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic