Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coconut Oil = Flatter Stomach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 63646566>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
HU_naturalbella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HU_naturalbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 4:02pm
Thanks...i am going to pick some up asap
Sponsored Links

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 6:11pm
I love coconut oil!!  I cook my eggs in it.  I also add it to my coffee and shake it up.  The more coconut oil the better. I would NOT add it to juice.  Low carb/Paleo people live by coconut oil. Google Nutiva Coconut Manna.  I buy my coconut oil from Trader Joes or online via vitacost.

Oh read this blog on the leptin reset and how coconut oil is used.  http://jackkruse.com/my-leptin-prescription/
PrettyLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2012 at 2:51am
Cocunut oil did not help me gain a flatter stomach.

But I love it. It gives me amazing energy and helped for regulate my sleeping. I know the latter sounds far fetched but for me it's true. When I wake up in the morning I take two tablespoons with water and go about my day. It energizes me the entire day and then I'm able to hop in the bed and sleep easily at night. 
To be honest, there are no other lifestyle changes that can account for that for me at least.

I love coconut oil and will continue to take it for that only. For weight loss and flatter stomach and I can say that it truly didn't help in any way but it did help me with extra energy in the gym. 

I also cook with it now. So I'm a fan even if I didn't get the results I originally wanted from it. 
weavequeen83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote weavequeen83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2012 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by weavequeen83 weavequeen83 wrote:

Bought a jar of the unrefined, virgin co today. Added a tbs to my protien shake after my evening workout. Will report back in a week : ).

I am only doing 2 tbs a day right now. I will be adding to my protien shake for breakfast and post workout shake in the evening. I will only add another ( no more than 3 per day) if I don't have enough cals consumed by bedtime ( I count calories). Very excited to see the added benefits.

Ok... A little late reporting back , but I've been following the above since my last post and as of today I'm down 14 pounds. I started off with a waist of 32.5 inches. Today I measure 27.5-28 in around my natural waist. I've actually gained .5 in around my hips ( now 42in).

Keep in mind that I incorporated the EVCO in my diet but my results aren't solely due to the oil. I've been working out 5-6 days a week, counting calories and I've also been wearing a squeem and corset during this time.

My ultimate goal will be 24-25in waist.

Will update in another month
SheGotHerOwn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheGotHerOwn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 12:16pm

Bought a jar of the unrefined, virgin co today. Added a tbs to my protien shake after my evening workout. Will report back in a week : ).

I am only doing 2 tbs a day right now. I will be adding to my protien shake for breakfast and post workout shake in the evening. I will only add another ( no more than 3 per day) if I don't have enough cals consumed by bedtime ( I count calories). Very excited to see the added benefits.

Ok... A little late reporting back , but I've been following the above since my last post and as of today I'm down 14 pounds. I started off with a waist of 32.5 inches. Today I measure 27.5-28 in around my natural waist. I've actually gained .5 in around my hips ( now 42in).

Keep in mind that I incorporated the EVCO in my diet but my results aren't solely due to the oil. I've been working out 5-6 days a week, counting calories and I've also been wearing a squeem and corset during this time.

coconut oil or not...girl thts rlly good!! congrats
evolver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 2:53pm
Hey Ladies just want to let you all know that Amazon has 2 jars of Nutiva unrefined coconut oil (15 oz each) for $18. If you "subscribe & save" you can purchase 2 jars for just $15. The good thing about subscribe and save is that you can set how often you want amazon to automatically deliver your coconut oil.
Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EO5Q64/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=naturaspeaki-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001EO5Q64

hth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weavequeen83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 9:34am
Originally posted by SheGotHerOwn SheGotHerOwn wrote:

coconut oil or not...girl thts rlly good!! congrats
Thanks!  Girllll..I've been going hard in the paint.... I Can't wait till summer Big smile
MsJennifer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsJennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 8:44pm

Wow...Congrats!!!

I really need to lose weight around my midsection (like 6-7inches). I'm at 33 inches but I would love to get to 26 or even 27 inches. How often do you wear your squeem/corset? And what is EVCO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weavequeen83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by MsJennifer MsJennifer wrote:

Wow...Congrats!!!

I really need to lose weight around my midsection (like 6-7inches). I'm at 33 inches but I would love to get to 26 or even 27 inches. How often do you wear your squeem/corset? And what is EVCO?
Thanks!!

EVCO is extra virgin coconut oil (I get unrefined)

I've been wearing my squeem since the end of Jan.  I wear it pretty much all the time.  I have two squeems, one I wear all day and one I wear when I workout.  Before I go to bed I put my corset on and take it off in the morning before I workout.  I am very consistent with this schedule.

I will say, wearing a corset is no joke.  It takes willpower, LOL LOL

evolver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2012 at 8:37am
Spend $20 pay only $10 for 54oz of coconut oil!

Just wanted to let you know that Vitacost is offering free shipping on $20 or more of Vitacost brand products today and tomorrow (3/15) only.

Example:
    Vitacost Extra Virgin Certified Organic Coconut Oil (54 oz) - $20.99
    - $10 code
    - FREE shipping
    = $10.99 shipped

1. Go here to request $10 off promo code: http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=30181437 or entering this referral code: 30181437

2. Click on the link after sign up to shop
   3. Add $20 worth of Vitacost brand products to your cart
   4. Check your email for $10 off code and enter it in the "promo code" box at checkout
   5. Create an account and check out (NO code needed for the free ship)

If you're not interested in their brand products, you can still get $10 AND free shipping of $49 or more with the link above or referral code: 30181437 at checkout.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 63646566>
  Share Topic