Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coconut Oil = Flatter Stomach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
PrettyEyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 12:14pm
Keep us posted. I take cocnut oil but I need to take more each day it seams...
Sponsored Links

syncerelyhis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncerelyhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 1:54pm
This is really interesting.......Maybe I can get rid of this gut!......Going to look for some now but debating on if I want to try to swallow grease (ugh) or take the capsules....will be back to update
candies View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by 914Princess 914Princess wrote:

The recommended amount is about 3.5 tablespoons a day. It would take 49 coconut capsules to equal that ..a capsule is usually 1000 mg which is equal to 1 gram.  1 Tablespoon is equivilant to 14 grams  14 grams x 3.5 = 49 capsules.  It is much cheaper and much easier to get the recommended dosage by buying it in the jar and taking it by the Tablespoon .    Sometimes it doesn't taste that great so I mix it with my tea or hot cocoa or just swallow it down real quick and chase it with some sweet fruit.  I use it in cooking alot of my meals ..so you can get some of the recommended dosage that way as well.

Thanks for the information! 

Originally posted by syncerelyhis syncerelyhis wrote:

This is really interesting.......Maybe I can get rid of this gut!......Going to look for some now but debating on if I want to try to swallow grease (ugh) or take the capsules....will be back to update

My mom grew us up taking cod liver oil so believe me I got a taste for these thingsDeadDeadLOL

I'm going to start on Sunday (I have this thing with starting stuff at the beginning of the weekConfused) and see how it goes from thereStar

914Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 914Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 2:02pm
yeah ..nowhere as bad a cod live oil or castor oil.  It not so bad , it's an acquired taste though!
ellesig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellesig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 3:28pm
I got the oil in the solid form. Should I try to liquify it, and how? Either way, I ate my first tablespoon solid....not bad
BeautifulJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautifulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by syncerelyhis syncerelyhis wrote:

I totally agree with you on the swallowing grease thing (ugh yuck).  I went out today and bought both the capsules and the oil.  I figure i can take the capsules and mix the oil with food and use it for cooking. 
dollface4814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dollface4814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 12:20am
I am going to try to. I have been skinny my whole life. Then got sick and had to start taking steroids. They bloat you up so bad, I gained about 35-40 lbs. Then I lost some weight from exercise and diet, but my stomach wont'seem to go away. Hopefully this will help, I'll keep you posted.
reckgnyze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reckgnyze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 5:01pm
I THINK I AM GOING TO TAKE MY DOSAGE DOWN BECAUSE I GOT A MAJOR HEADACHES TODAY OUT OF NOWHERE I DON'T KNOW IF ITS FROM THAT OR WHAT I TAKE3 TBSP I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT SINCE YESTERDAYCry
914Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 914Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 9:11am
Yeah ..for some it's better to accustom your body to it, by starting a 1 tbsp for everyday for the 1st week and then working your way up to 3.5 tbsps.

It can be taken solid or liquified ..I found for me melting it (or liquifying) made it easier for me to take.  Sometimes ..I put it in Hot Cocoa or even my oatmeal in the morning or on raisin bread.  Once you find what works better for you run with it.
cutescorpio View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutescorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 11:15am
I just bought the pills yesterday. Anyone seeing any results?
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
  Share Topic