Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
gimmeMORE. View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clumpy Mashed Potatoes =-(
    Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 11:28am
I made homemade mashed potatoes but the consistency is too clumpy. Especially after microwaving it. what can I do differently to make it less clumpy and more smooth?
Sponsored Links

TopChoice View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 1:43pm
Cream Mashed Potatoes
.............Take you a pot out and fill it halfway with water, Peel & Cut your potatoes in half, after that, place your potatoes in the pot and let them boil for about 20 minutes, set the fire on medium, with this you have to kinda watch them, to make sure the potatoes are soft, Use a fork and poke your potatoes to make sure that they are soft enough for you
.............After 20 minutes or so or once you know that your potatoes are soft enough, drain your water, add a stick of butter and a 1/2 cup of milk, take a big spoon and mash and stir your potatoes, while they are still hot, everything should and will be mixing together which will give you that creamy look to the potatoes, Add your salt and pepper to give them some taste, you'll have to judge to the amount of salt and pepper to add and Bam your done wit that

..............if you dont want them that creamy use less milk
Sidney View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 2:03pm
Whip the boiled potatoes with gravy.  Works everytime.  I make my gravy but you can buy it for convenience. 
Sidney View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by TopChoice TopChoice wrote:

Cream Mashed Potatoes
.............Take you a pot out and fill it halfway with water, Peel & Cut your potatoes in half, after that, place your potatoes in the pot and let them boil for about 20 minutes, set the fire on medium, with this you have to kinda watch them, to make sure the potatoes are soft, Use a fork and poke your potatoes to make sure that they are soft enough for you
.............After 20 minutes or so or once you know that your potatoes are soft enough, drain your water, add a stick of butter and a 1/2 cup of milk, take a big spoon and mash and stir your potatoes, while they are still hot, everything should and will be mixing together which will give you that creamy look to the potatoes, Add your salt and pepper to give them some taste, you'll have to judge to the amount of salt and pepper to add and Bam your done wit that

..............if you dont want them that creamy use less milk

This works too, like Topchoice said.  But I didn't do that well using the milk.  I noticed it pooled in the bowl when i went back for leftovers.  Maybe i added too much milk.
TopChoice View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 4:10pm
..........yeah Sidney u may have used to much, I think 1/2 may be too much I forget how much i usually use though
...........how do you go about makin your gravy, I usually buy the Tony's Gravy mix  that they sale and add water and stir and make mines this way, but I wanna know how to do it without the mix, I guess from scratch
gimmeMORE. View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 10:21pm
Oh ok I didnt add enough milk. I found a recipe that said to only add 1/4 cup of milk

Thanks for the responses
Sidney View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 6:06pm

You use the leftover pan drippings from whatever you fried.  Like if you fry porchops take the little bit of oil left in the pan along with the little bits of crumbs leftover and add flour to it (not too much).  Also add a little bit of water.  Stir over heat.  If you want darker gravy, heat it longer.  Then season it.  I usually add garlic to it and pepper.

miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 7:06pm
ou can add some milk, mayonase and butter then whip it whith a cake mixer ot a big spoon.
Mrs.YahYah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 11:19pm
Use a whisk to mash your potatoes instead of a fork, mixer or potato masher. Whisking creates air which results in a lighter, fluffier potato. If you want all the lumps gone then after whisking just press it through a strainer and bam: super, silky smooth potatoes!

I never pour cold ingredients into my potatoes because this causes them to become grainy & pastey tasting for some reason.

I heat up a mixture of half n half, sour cream & butter in a saucepan and then add this to the potatoes.

Here my video I made on making mashed potatoes! HTH

http://divascancook.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-make-easy-creamy-homemade-mashed.html

Oh I also boil my potatoes in chicken stock...HEAVEN!!
Sheryse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2009 at 11:09am
 I normally use a potato masher, and I also add milk, butter and a teaspoon of sour cream to make it creamy..
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic