Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedClosure Pics what can I do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Author
live2shop10 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closure Pics what can I do
    Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 10:14am
Hey ladies so I got my 3o+ inches installed late last night and Im in love. The length is going to take some time to get use to but its gorgeous. I have three and a half bundles (two 31-32, a 23, and half of a 23 plus my 16 in closure). My stylist did an okay job I believe but Im just not in love with how the closure looks. I am going back to her today for her to style my hair ( we didnt start until 2am and didnt finish until after 5) she said she would fix anything I wasnt happy with. Im gonna post pics below, any advice or suggestions would be very helpful as this is my bday installation and i want it to look perfect. I think that my biggest problem is the black line at the top of the closure. She didnt cut the lace because she said I would have to use glue to hold it down and instead just flipped it under. My braid pattern is braided down with a center part in the middle so the closure could lay on my scalp. If she cuts the lace can she still sew it down even though there is no anchor braid at the top? Im sorry if this is confusing let me know if you need any clarification 

Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 3:45pm
Is the black line your braids?
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 4:43pm
It looks too far back like its sitting behind hair line with no hair left out. Maybe she can sew down the front with clear thread if you're not comfortable with adhesives.
shoefreakbaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 4:54pm
did you put fabric under 
GOBLUE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 5:00pm
OP, your stylist may be able to sew it down securely by just sewing the back and sides. If done correctly th front will lay flat without being stitched. Like others have said pull it forward and put fabric (pantyhose, etc...) under neath so you braids don't show through. HTH.
barnesrb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 5:11pm
i would deff go back it looks like a wig. try putting it behind your hair line at least with your edges left out.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:32pm
@ms blue no the black line is the thread from where she sewed the closure down in the front. She flipped the lace underneath and then sewed it down without cutting the lace. @solena unfortunately thats what I had to do (use lace glue :() @shoefreakbaby no i didnt put fabric underneath the closure I bleached the knots. 

So I ended up going back on Saturday and having her fix it.She cut the lace and applied it to in front of my hairline and then glued it down. But for some reason Im still not feeling it. Its a free style part closure but I have it in a center part. Idk if its the fact that I think my forehead is to big and my eyebrows are to thin thats affecting how I feel about the closure. Im contemplating just having her cut mini bangs on the sides of the closure. Basically keeping the center part but have her cut mini layers on the sides of the closure so it can frame my big forehead. Here are some pics, please let me know if im overreacting or is it really bad.

shoefreakbaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:38pm
its too far back

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:43pm
@shoefreakbaby thats what i thought if I have her take it down and move it about half an inch to an inch up do you think it will look better? and by chance how long do I have to wait for the adhesive to loosen up so that I can take off the closure,
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 7:03pm
You can loosen the adhesive yourself without having to wait. You could buy a product specifically for that or google/youtube some other ways.

IA the closure is too far back. Have her move it up. Good luck!
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic