Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Closure install with bangs

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
honeybeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closure install with bangs
    Posted: Nov 21 2010 at 9:38pm
So I am getting my next install in about two weeks and would like bangs. Not sure if I want full blunt bangs with layers, or a side swept bang with layers. I will be using a lace closure and want the most natural looking install. Will the blunt bangs be safer than getting side swept bangs with a closure? Also, will positioning the closure behind my hairline be necessary for a side swept bang?

TIA!
Sponsored Links

honeybeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:47am
noone??
KeraNykole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeraNykole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 10:57am
If you want full bangs, you will need to position the closure far back enough to put 2-3 tracks in front of it. Or, you can simply sew the tracks down on top of the closure as if it were you own hair. Then brush the hair from the closure over the tracks to conceal them.

If you want whispy side swooped bangs, you should be able to acheive that look with just the closure.

Usually, closures aren't dense enough to make full look bangs on their own.

Here is a picture of my closure with 3 tracks sewn on top of it for a fuller look.

HTH!
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 11:20am
what she said! ^^^^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeraNykole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by drakeyumyum drakeyumyum wrote:

Shocked 
so you braid your hair like you were going a full install w/o a closure.. and add the tracks cut the tracks into full bangs.. then cut some of the closure into full bangs and brush it over to hide the tracks?

do you know how thin it'll look just cutting the full bangs into the closure?

I'm kinda lost with this...but I think I understand what you're saying.

If you want whispy bangs, the closure should be able to achieve that alone, but most closures are thin in density. If you want full bangs, it'll be virtually impossible to achieve that with just a closure...hence adding tracks either in front of the closure or directly on top. I've done both methods (adding tracks in front/on top) and they both yielded the same results.

If you were to just brush the hair on the closure to the front and cut bangs into it, it'll give a very thin whispy bang...which works for some people...just never for me.

Is that a better explanation?? I'm having such a hard time trying to explain it...LOL

honeybeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 7:54pm
^ Yes, thanks so much!
dchristi214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchristi214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

If you want full bangs, you will need to position the closure far back enough to put 2-3 tracks in front of it. Or, you can simply sew the tracks down on top of the closure as if it were you own hair. Then brush the hair from the closure over the tracks to conceal them.

If you want whispy side swooped bangs, you should be able to acheive that look with just the closure.

Here is a picture of my closure with 3 tracks sewn on top of it for a fuller look.

HTH!

What type of hair is this....it's very pretty?
Tiffwilson327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffwilson327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 10:12pm
That is exactly what I'm getting for my next install. I want full bangs and a bob cut sorta like this with two tone color. >>>> 
hma128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hma128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 10:37pm
Thanks for the tip Keranykole! I'll be using that for my next install!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeraNykole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2010 at 8:26am
Originally posted by dchristi214 dchristi214 wrote:

Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

HTH!

What type of hair is this....it's very pretty?

It's Mongolian Relaxed hair curled with a curling iron. Thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic