Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Closure help please!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Krissy345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krissy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closure help please!
    Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 9:07pm
Hey everyone, im new to the forum as I'm seeking help and google isn't answering all my questions. I bought a closure from silkbasedclosures.com. Horrible decision and waste of money. I have in 3 packs of virgin hair that i colored and its bright red, so I have to do the same for my closures. The closure I got from them was thin, and the quality was terrible after coloring. It insulted the beauty of my virgin bundles installed. I would think for their price they would use virgin hair. They didn't. Had no volume and was shiny like doll hair, Awful! Only thing it was good for is the installation. The hairline part that you glue down looked quite realistic and I was fascinated by that, but mad that I wasted my money for that quality hair.

My second one, and the one installed now, is from Diamond virginhaircompany. It is absolutely beautiful hair! I bleached it and dyed it red to match, and its so gorgeous with my three bundles of hair. I am so happy with that. But only problem is the part that you glue down at the front has this thick stitch across it, so it doesn't lay as naturally as the other one did. I am abit disappointed with that aspect. I have to try hair to cover it to make it look natural. No matter what I do I can't. I actually have some loose hairs glued over the hairline to try hide that part. I think a more natural one doesn't have the huge stitching at the front, that cant possibly look natural.

My question is, which is the best closure you can get? I need one with nice virgin hair, volume, and lays flat, looks very natural. I dont care what it cost. Someone please direct me to my options? Im so tired of searching and wasting money. The one I bought from silkbasedclosures I wore only 3 weeks before receiving the new one from Diamondvirginhair.

I am tired of wasting money.

I need you guys help.

Sponsored Links

chrispyxchreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrispyxchreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:29pm
The closure type is really based on your preference. I personally like lace closures because to me, it seems that it lays much flatter and with the knots bleached correctly, it looks natural. I took a chance & bought mine from Aliexpress, and it ended up being a very decent closure. Of course with them, it's a hit or miss, even with a trusted vendor sometimes. You really just have to do your research because what someone else likes, others may not. I can't tell you who would have the best closure seeing as how I'm fairly new to them. However, your options can be aliexpress vendors or some reputable AVs.

But WHY are you gluing down your closures hun?! Confused It's very possible for a closure to lay flat with it just being sewn on properly..
Krissy345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krissy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 4:19am
I bought a lace closure once from glamour virgin hair, was cost effective, but when installed didn't look natural, looked quite wig like, or maybe I don't know how to doctor the lace ones lol. The silk based one is the only one that looked good for me. I tweeze out a clearer part and it looks natural, mostly because I'm light skinned and alot of the silkbasseclosures ones come with the base that match my color.

I use glue because I'm in big trouble here. In from Jamaica and you know our hairdressers are basically like in America, we"re good man. I went every week to hairdresser from I was young. I always liked my hair bright red, for about 7 years now, but It was damaging to my real hair and decided to go full weave to keep my color and not color my hair anymore. Problem is I moved to New Zealand. No one knows black people hair much, and everything. Done at a salon is super super expensive. I paid $120 USD to wash and dr my extensions.
Hence, I learned to do it on my own, but I had to go hairdresser to change the closure when I did.
That costed me $100 just to change it. So she didn't move any orlf the surrounding wefts, and basically it's not fitted flat enough. Glue is used to hold it down better. I'm absolutely miserable, but what can I do except keep glueing it until I do it over entirely. I'm using endura bond. They know nothing of closures and stuff here. Trust me.

Anyway, this closure not really cutting it for me with the stitch at the front making it impossible to pay really flat or look natural like the previous one did. I've checked out the ali express ones, and I'm extremely fussy do I didn't take the chance, I wanted something absolutely superb to last me and not give me trouble. I was going off some YouTube reviews, but I'm confused what to really buy. I just need one good quality hair, silk based and have a good hairline to lay flat. Maybe that doesn't exist lol. But let's just say I need opinions which is the very best. I feel frustrated being here in new Zealand and no having my usual hairdressers. I can tell you how I feel. I'm scared, upset and extremely frustrated. I literally can't afford to change my closure every min like this. Please help :(

Edited by Krissy345 - Nov 29 2013 at 4:21am
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 6:27am
Can you post a picture? The not laying flat issue could be the installation and not the actual closure. I purchased a nice silk closure from California lace wigs, they are kinda pricey though but at this point it seems you need a quality closure. Hope that helps, maybe someone else knows of another site.
uR5zH3tQ7g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uR5zH3tQ7g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:56pm

allsoicansay

6.Iffornootherreason, http://www.2ndchairtech.com - uggsforcheaponlinesohe'llstopbuggingyoutowearit.OrganizerDorothyJoycesaystodayBoutiqueDayiseverygirlfairytalecometrue.Dressandalltheaccessories,andlovelyshoesandwehavepeopletherewhowillworkwiththealterationsiftheyneedthem.CONWAY(WBTW)IfyouareoncampusatCoastalCarolinaUniversitynextTuesday, http://www.curvekillazmd.com - cheapuggsforsale http://www.2ndchairtech.com - U ustraliaBootsOnSale,UGGsForCheapWithFreeShippingyoumayseealotofstudentswithnoshoeson.Notonlyshouldyounotbesurprised,butorganizersofthecampussecondDayWithoutShoeseventhopeyoujoinin,andpledgetomakeadifference..
rrrrrr
SHEsoJASSYtho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEsoJASSYtho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 11:29am
You said when bleached properly. I have a question not just to you but for anyone who can answer. I bleached my knots last night with BW2 and a 30 Developer and like 20-25 drops of red gold color corrector.  I left it on for about 35-40 minutes which apparently wasn't long enough because although my knots are not black they are still kind of brown.  Can I rebleach again after 24 hrs for an additional 20 minutes or is there another method I should try?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic