Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedClosure and weave pattern for swoop bang?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Closure and weave pattern for swoop bang?
    Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 6:18pm
Ok ladies, I know I just put in a weave but u know I am thinking about the next oneBig%20smile

I have been searching for months for the answer to this. The search function was not cooperating, but now that it's working I'm still confused!

I know you weave app pros can help (Marie?,Rick?) I want a style with body and a doggone swoop bang!
I want to install a net weave to achieve this.I am wearing my first one now and I want to use this method for a while.

I have ordered some Bohyme Sahalian smooth from Sherrie and I have a Halle's closure that I can dye to match.

How do I achieve this using the net? I mean what pattern should I braid the wefts onto the net in to achieve this and do I need the closure?

If I need the closure, how do I position on my head and part to achieve this pic which I stole from someone who stole it from someone else but I want this lookLOL just not quite as long at the bottom.
Haaallp y'all!!

Sponsored Links

Ladyash2004 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 6:36pm
i want this look to but no closure
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 7:27pm
I don't know if I have to use the closure to get the hair to sweep like that or there is a way I can sew the wefts in to achieve this...
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 9:32pm
Wow this is really a pretty style, and I can see you pulling this off VERY well girl!!!

The beauty of using a net to cover the braids is that the braid pattern isn't nearly as important as when you are not using the net.. (especially since you are going to use a closure) The net allows you to place the tracks in the pattern you need to achieve the desire style.. You just need to make sure the braids are small and flat underneath the net..

I think you absolutely could achieve this look with a closure.. In fact I bet Marie would be able to give you the 411 on how since this looks a lot like her current style.. You could also achieve the same swoop style bang by leaving your own hair out if it's long enough.. When are you doing this install??? (can't wait to see!!!)
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 10:16pm
Hi DivaSmile
I am loving the net weave you were right it is soo easy to access my scalp I think this method is really going to work for meBig%20smile
My own hair is fine in texture and relaxed so I can use larger cornrows and it's still not bulky, plus I can get to my hair so easily now because the wefts are not fixed in place to my hair.
I just ordered some of the Kimble scalp spray today tooSmile

Ok I have to do Christmas portraits Sunday to get them in time so the new look won't be in the family pixCry but I hope to have it done by the time the in-laws get here just before ChristmasSmile
(Lawd forgive me for having those Bush supporters under my roof but they are family nowLOL)

I am out of control because I just put this curly mix in but I got to thinking about that BohymeTongue and how I never did find out how to do the swoop bangConfused Plus the net was so much easier it took me FOREVER to put in teeny cornrows and then sew on the wefts myself! This was so much quickerBig%20smile

The closure WAS 1B, of course I tried to lighten it and ended up with auburn instead of Chestnut brownAngry I have put 2 brn rinses on it and it's still reddish it is soo stubborn now that I lightened it!

I ordered 1b/12 in the Bohyme so when it gets here I figure I will dye the closure back to 1b and cover some pieces w/ hilite foil to keep them lighter after I have a look at the Bohyme so I can try to match the % of highlights. Back to the labLOL
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 10:26pm
This is the color of the Bohyme, I might actually have to lighten the highlights because these look lighter than auburn to me, I love this color I didn't know they had a 1b combo with 12 u know everybody does auburn I nver find this mixSmile

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by deewhizz deewhizz wrote:

This is the color of the Bohyme, I might actually have to lighten the highlights because these look lighter than auburn to me, I love this color I didn't know they had a 1b combo with 12 u know everybody does auburn I nver find this mixSmile

Oooooooo I LOVE this color combo!!!! Very pretty!!! I'm obsessed with color combos these days!
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2006 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by DivaVocals DivaVocals wrote:

Originally posted by deewhizz deewhizz wrote:

Oooooooo I LOVE this color combo!!!! Very pretty!!! I'm obsessed with color combos these days!

Me too I am hi-light crazy! Then I will seen someone with just dark brown hair like the pic I want to copy and think "that's so pretty!" But when it comes down to it I still want hi-lightsLOL
missT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 9:23am
I am sorry that I can be of no help achieving the style....but it is very pretty...I would love to know the answers to your questions also.....very pretty, and I agree with Diva V, you can pull it off....hope someone answers soon....
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 10:17am
 The closure will allow you to swoop the hair over and still look natural! Unless you are going to leave yours out at the top!  As far as your color for the closure,if you want to get  subdue the red then use a rinse with an ASH base color, the green in the ash will nuetralize the red!

Edited by marie67 - Dec 09 2006 at 10:20am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic