Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cleanse & Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

LMAO...omg!!!

I hope this challenge works for you and those participating. But it is down right rude VEEMACK to basically tell someone to mind their own business. And your right there are people lurking in this challenge and they should have all view points brought to light.

Just because someone is not actively participating in a challenge does not make what they have to say null and void.

I am shocked that this has gone unchecked

"Seek First to understand, then to be understood"

agreed..

Sponsored Links

WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Originally posted by WarriorGurl233 WarriorGurl233 wrote:

Why did you have to come and knock our fun? Cry

Keeping having your fun, young 'un.. 

Or shall we say "Ignorance is bliss?"  Wildfire has quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to this hair board.  She's never come on the board from the beginning as the OP has and began preaching.  Wildfire has been an inspiration with her journey, just as many of us have.  What makes BHM great is the absolute knowledge of ALL of the members - not just one - because they claim to be a "Professional"..

VEEManic Depressive has literally been re-educated by the BHM members since she's arrived.. Today she'll defend her  (cough cough) ideas to the death.. then next week she'll turn around and repeat the very thing that wild fire just quoted with equal vehemence.  I'll guarantee you this.  It's her M.O.

This is why she can't post elsewhere.  She's been run out of most areas on this board due absolute lack of knowledge but amazing ability to "preach" and baffle with B.S. - and i'm not talking about Bible Study either.. she can use quite a bit of work in THAT area as well.

The reason why she tends to garner "followers", is basically folks would rather be spoon-fed (quick and easy) knowledge, versus trial and error looking through archives, and researching. This is what many of the vets here have done.  and we've gathered that knowledge in "Stickies" or 101 threads for the people with questions. These are  a wealth of knowledge.  but many are too lazy to read through them and glean it, and educate themselves.

You'd rather sit here on your well-fed behinds and get it from someone who knows no more about growing hair than you do.

Confused

I'm sorry warrior gurl.. This isn't a personal attack on you at all. 

But someone has to tell the truth, and i thank the other ladies for speaking up.  If everyone continues to  go on as a "herd" and keep following this chick - feel free..

It sure heck seemed like a personal attack ConfusedDead 

Sorry, I wasn't intentionally trying to run anyone off. Maybe it was the tone of the whole thing between those two, but it just seems like it got heated really fast. I see why now. I don't sit around and follow everything anyone says. I take info, process it, and then decide if I want to apply it. I needed to up my DC for the winter, so I thought this would be cool. That's it. Lawdie, please y'all don't beat me up... CryOuchLOL

Edit: Yo, I can't read. I completely missed the first post that wildfire posted. I only saw the second one about shampooing being drying. Thats why i was so lost as to why things seemed so heated. please ignore my slowness....

Edited by WarriorGurl233 - Nov 30 2012 at 5:27pm
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:20pm
Warriorgurl

My entire post was for Veemack
Please note I am NOT attacking her but the behavior displayed by her.

Darlinnic
WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:33pm
Okay
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:51am
Originally posted by WarriorGurl233 WarriorGurl233 wrote:

It sure heck seemed like a personal attack ConfusedDead 

Edit: Yo, I can't read. I completely missed the first post that wildfire posted. I only saw the second one about shampooing being drying. Thats why i was so lost as to why things seemed so heated. please ignore my slowness....

LOL you are too cute!

No, WG, sometimes, when a person has been on the boards - and i've been here since 2005, some people's tactics just get old. and no, you're not slow at all, you're human.Embarrassed

wildfire is another hair inspiration here, and her questions made sense.  I, too asked the same damn question - knowing full well that i lost a lot of hair from too much manipulation. 

There's something else i'd like to share.  There is a young lady who is very popular on the boards.  Her name is Chicorro.  Her Book is called "Grow it Long".. She's very gracious, and inspiring.  I had emailed her with some questions regarding my setbacks. Her responses to my emails were informative - but what i noticed?  she was open to all  feedback.  If it weren't for her and ladies like Wildfire and many others?  i wouldn't stay on this hair journey.

Chicorro did not come across with red fonts/huge bold type/and a gigantic ego. 

This woman (Chicorro) is published - but you would never know it by the way she conducts herself. From my observation?  The OP is more concerned about her ego vs. hair growth.

Good luck on your hair journey, WG.Smile

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:13am
Good basic regimen for healthy hair. Didn't read entire post so I am unaware of "drama ".

Edited by 902sexxi - Dec 03 2012 at 2:18am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:16am
there's no drama.. i tend to believe that word is "over used"?..

It's only information.

Now REAL DRAMA? 

THAT is down in the TTT section..LOL

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 03 2012 at 9:36am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:14pm
Hello Ladies!

This is a busy time of the seasons for me, so I have not been on this site and rarely any forums for about 2 weeks. But I am still cleansing my hair twice a week and DC'ing twice weekly. My hair is still loving it.

Advantages I have found from this challenge:
My braids outs last longer, I keep them in 4 days, although they would last me about 9 days. But I need to cleanse my hair twice weekly.

My scalp feels so refreshed on a daily basis

I save on moisturizer, because I only have to apply on shampoo days. I do not need to apply moisturizer daily, I only apply natural oils daily.

I am still on the same bottle of moisturizer that I had 3 months ago.

I have fallen back in love with shampoo, before this challenge I used conditioning cleansers. Now I am in love with Shea Moisture raw shea butter moisture retention shampoo. Love, love it. It is nice to feel suds once again, lol. I use shampoo once a week and then I use the Lisa Rachel Conditioning cleanser. I have been alternating b/n these two for the last month or so. This is working really well.

Hope things are still working out for you guys!!!!!!!!!! Blessings as always!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:21pm
If you are looking for a good shampoo and have not tried this one, this is worth a try. Its 12 ounces for 9.99 that is less than a dollar per ounce, so I feel it is a good buy. Also it should last you a long time if you use it properly, it is thick, so it takes very little of this shampoo to cleanse your hair and scalp. I shampoo with it once a week so I have used it 8 times in the last 2 months. And if you look at my bottle the product line is at the top of the S in Shea Moisture. So if you try it a little goes a long way.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:05am
Good afternoon ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

Today should be shampoo & DC day for me, but I have a seminar to teach on Saturday and I want to wear a twistout. I shampooed my hair on Monday or Tuesday and since that time it has been in about 40 twists. So my twist out should be the bomb tomorrow.Smile

About 17 more days until the New Year, so it is time to review your haircare regimen. I will say that cleaning my hair more  and DC more has been the second best thing, I have done to my hair all year. The first best thing is to oil my scalp daily.

Our hair loves water and hair grows best from a clean scalp. Deep conditioning helps your hair to retain moisture so you retain length. So if you did not reach your hair goals this year, this is something you should consider. How often you give your hair water. How often you cleanse your hair and does you hair retain moisture.  Stay blessed!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Veemack - Dec 14 2012 at 11:14am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style