Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleanse & Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:34pm
@Vee Your hair is thick and beautiful. Smile

I want a more moisturizing deep conditioner though without protein, but you're right dr. miracles is good. I've noticed that it helps with an itchy scalp.
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:11am
Originally posted by DEE80 DEE80 wrote:

@Vee Your hair is thick and beautiful. Smile

I want a more moisturizing deep conditioner though without protein, but you're right dr. miracles is good. I've noticed that it helps with an itchy scalp.
Giovanni (smooth as silk) deeper moisture conditioner. is a very good one. It does have soy protein listed second to the last on the ingredient list. So it only has like a dash of protein if that. Walmart carries this brand and some CVs drug stores. Of course you can get it on line. All of their products are good, in my opinion......And thank you for the kind compliment. I give God glory for my health and life. Blessings!!!!!
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:16am

banana, sour cream, coconut oil right now for a dc on dry hair (dont usually do dry hair dc's, but...didnt feel like getting in the shower or anything)

condition wash after (whenever i decide to rinse) 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 2:44pm
You are making me hungry! lol.

Ladies I have not moisturized my hair since I tried to flatiron it and today my hair is still moisturized. I have only applied my natural oils that is it. So loving this! All this deep conditioning has really helped my hair. Although some weeks I only did it once a week. I dedicated myself to DC'ing twice a week, but life gets busy. I have successfully stayed consistent with once a week. Before this challenge I only DC my hair once a month, but I washed my hair once or twice a week apply a leave in conditioner and keep it moving. It takes extra time to DC, but I think it is worth it. So this will for sure become part of my hair regimen.

In the past when I would flatiron my hair the next day it would be dry and when I would run my fingers through it, it would pop. But that is not the case now, thank you frequent deep conditioning!Big smile

For sure ladies who use heat frequently, you need a regimen of frequent deep conditioning to keep that hair from breaking under the heat.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 18 2012 at 2:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:57pm

i believe this dc'ing along with condition washing and keeping my ends hidden have been helping my hair already...noticing growth as well as more moisture retention.  :)  fun times.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by runrunrunner runrunrunner wrote:

i believe this dc'ing along with condition washing and keeping my ends hidden have been helping my hair already...noticing growth as well as more moisture retention.  :)  fun times.
That is good to hear, keep up the good work, it will pay off.
WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 1:40pm
@ Vee I experienced the same thing when I flat ironed my hair two weeks ago. My hair stayed moisturized the full week. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by WarriorGurl233 WarriorGurl233 wrote:

@ Vee I experienced the same thing when I flat ironed my hair two weeks ago. My hair stayed moisturized the full week. 
Yay!!!! Our deep conditioning challenge is working!!!!!! Today my hair is still moisturized until today I have only applied olive oil and grapeseed oil to my scalp and a little to my hair strands. I did apply some moisturizer to my hair today, just because, I miss applying moisturizer, lol. But I could actually go another day without any moisturizer. And shhhh don't tell anybody, but last night I went to sleep with my hair loose and uncovered. Noooooo! Yep well I had 4 twist in the front, but I was tired and went to sleep with the all the back of my hair loose. I woke up with very few tangles, no breakage and still moisturized. Amazing! But today I applied moisturizer because I figure why wait until it gets dry to apply moisturizer, right? That is like drinking water only when we are thirsty, by that time we have caused some damage. Anyway glad to hear you are having good results also. Blessings to you always!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies you all better get on board and increase your deep conditioning and shampoos, it makes a difference. I still read to many post of women complaining about dry hair. Some of the time your hair is not dry because of a specific product, it is dry because it is begging for water.Big smile

Edited by Veemack - Nov 19 2012 at 3:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 6:16pm

my hair loves water.  and i love water on my hair.  i always try to tell myself i'll cut down on rinsing/conditioning/dc'ing/etc for the purposes of less manipulation, but i really have a hard time getting myself to do that.  it just works for me...so i see no need to stop.
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:55pm
I did another wash and dc today. I used Neutrogena Daily Deep Conditioner. My hair was so soft. I used this in the past, but I think I stopped because of the 'cones in it. I'm not too bothered by it like I used to be.

@Vee do you still the GHE method?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair