Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cleanse & Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 9:55am
@Vee I have protein overload by using all protein products, like, shampoo, conditioner, and then baggying with them. I was wondering why my hair was so dry. My leave in was Giovanni direct leave in, conditioner was Giovanni SAS with protein, and shampoo Lisa Rachel Protein, and don't forget Dr. Miracles, protein. lol. I'm amping up my moisture and laying off the protein for a while. 
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by DEE80 DEE80 wrote:

@Vee I have protein overload by using all protein products, like, shampoo, conditioner, and then baggying with them. I was wondering why my hair was so dry. My leave in was Giovanni direct leave in, conditioner was Giovanni SAS with protein, and shampoo Lisa Rachel Protein, and don't forget Dr. Miracles, protein. lol. I'm amping up my moisture and laying off the protein for a while. 
Lisha Rachel has very little protein in it.....Did you ever get your hair to a place in which it was retaining moisture? Staying moisturized for at least a whole day without having to reapply conditioner? If you told me I don't remember.... Honestly with your hair being short, I would just cleanse it and apply a leave in moisturizing conditioner and style.  Keep it really simple until it grows out  to at least 3 inches or more.
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:52pm
I never got my hair balanced because all of the products I was using had protein. No moisture, except S curl. I'm going to use moisturizing conditioners for a while, like suave until my hair gets back right. baggying works for me now without the smell since I use a little bit of rosemary oil.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 6:01pm

I never got my hair balanced because all of the products I was using had protein. No moisture, except S curl. I'm going to use moisturizing conditioners for a while, like suave until my hair gets back right. baggying works for me now without the smell since I use a little bit of rosemary oil.
Gotcha!
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 6:52pm
Today:

Washed with Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo, DC'd with Smooth and Shine Nourish Conditioner for about 2 to 3 hours. I finally bought SM CES. I hope my hair likes it. I'm also using a sulfur mix now instead of MN.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:49am
Good day ladies!!!!!!!!!!
Today is shampoo day for me, I think I will DC with Dr. Miracles deep conditioner, this stuff is amazing!!!!!!

I also think I will flat iron my hair, to see how it does and how long it truly is, I do not think I have flat ironed it this year that I can recall. Then I will wear my hair in some flexi rods rollersets for one or two days, depending on how it comes out. I may post pictures, will see. If I flatiron I will for sure be using lots of cones. So my next wash will be a mud wash to really clean all the cones off of my hair strands.

Have a great day to all!!!!!!!!!
WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:34am
Today I cleansed with Cream of Nature, did an Aphogee 2-step protein treatment, then DC with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Conditioner under the dryer for 15 mins. 
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:20pm
I washed and dc'd with Dr. Miracles, even though, I told myself I wasn't going to. I ate my words. Confused
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:34pm
So remember I said I was going to flat iron my hair, well I got 1/4 the way through and realize it was going to take me a long time, and it is just not worth it. I also knew my hair would draw back up quickly. Now if I want to get it straight, I could. But straight hair is not that important to me anymore. So I ran the flatiron over my hair about two times. LOL I ended up with this blowout! Which is okay, I did not experience a lot of extra breakage and my hair did not get hard, but remained very soft after my pressing. I may do some bantu knots for tomorrow, not sure. I tell you what I was greasy when I finished the little bit I did. As far as my growth for 2012 for whatever reason my hair thickened up a whole lot this year. I think it is because this is the first year not wearing any extensions. I styled my hair a lot. So much for the theory that our hair does not grow well nor retain length when we do not do protective styling 24/7. This year I have really enjoyed my hair, it is the healthiest it has ever been. I tried to snap the picture when it was straighter, but it is already drawing up on this shot. But my hair is so healthy and I love it. Well this is a busy time of the year for me, so I just might put in some extensions. But at least for the first time in a long, long time, I can say I gave my hair lots of loving and I rocked my hair more than I rocked fake hair this year. Yea!!!!!!!!

Edited by Veemack - Nov 17 2012 at 10:03pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:05pm

I washed and dc'd with Dr. Miracles, even though, I told myself I wasn't going to. I ate my words. Confused
LOL I love Dr. Miracles that is what I intended to use but I reached for the Elasta QP instead, and I didn't intend to use it. I was actually saving it for a hair product swap meet.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic