Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cleanse & Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:40pm
Today I cleansed with vo5 clarifying and then did a second wash with cream of nature detangling conditioning shampoo. I wanted to strip all buildup and product from my hair. Then I DCed with Organix Brazilian Keratin Masque under the dryer for 15 mins. This masque smells heavenly to me and feels great going on. I haven't rinsed yet though to really tell how it works. Going to curlform with Aphogee leave-in in preparation for straightening & trim tomorrow. 
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 7:58am
Yesterday I washed my hair with shea moisture thickening shampoo, loved it. I followed with the shea moisture conditioning masque, it was okay. I sat under the dryer with it for about 20 minutes. I then applied Cantu leave in conditioner and cantu creme moisturizer and put my hair into two braids, Indian style. Woke up this morning, did not wrap my hair up before bed and took apart one of my braids and my hair is still WET. When your hair is at a healthy place it will take it a long time to dry. When you hair dries quickly it is not at a healthy place. So I am not complaining. So I took the braids a loose a and allowed my hair to hang so it will dry faster. So the shea moisture masque did not wow me, it was okay. I like the Dr. Miracles conditioner better. Blessings to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 5:39pm
@Vee Sorry the masque didn't work for you. It was ok as a DC for me, but it worked better as a leave in conditioner. 
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 6:43pm

i dont like the shea moisture deep treatment masque at all.  didnt work as a dc, regular rinse out or leave-in.  ((sadface))...but i did use shea moisture purification masque as a dc on friday and that was another yay.

tomorrow night is another dc night.  using silk dreams vanilla silk for that one.  will do a condition wash before. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:19am
Originally posted by runrunrunner runrunrunner wrote:

i dont like the shea moisture deep treatment masque at all.  didnt work as a dc, regular rinse out or leave-in.  ((sadface))...but i did use shea moisture purification masque as a dc on friday and that was another yay.

tomorrow night is another dc night.  using silk dreams vanilla silk for that one.  will do a condition wash before. 
Oh they have two masque, I must of brought the wrong one. Because I was no impressed....Maybe I will try it as Dee used it as a leave in conditioner.
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:06pm
SM Deep Treatment Mask only worked for me when I used it when I was using it like this: spritz hair with water, deep treatment mask, and the shea moisture leave in  conditioner on top of it, and baggied. I got mushy hair when I did that, which my hair doesn't get mushy often. It's the opposite.

I want to try the purification mask, smoothie and/ or hair milk.
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:16pm
I think I have protein overload. I was DC'ing with Dr. Miracles Follicle Healer and after it dried no matter what I put on it, it was still dry. So I found a DC with silicone or protein and DC for an hour or so. I then put some Scurl and some EVOO. I plan on baggying overnight. I clarified before DC'ing. I didn't want to use sulfates since I want to steer clear of them, but I've been reading natural hair blogs and forums and figured that I had to clarify first.

The plan is to use the moisturizing DC twice a week and Dr. Miracles once a month.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by DEE80 DEE80 wrote:

I think I have protein overload. I was DC'ing with Dr. Miracles Follicle Healer and after it dried no matter what I put on it, it was still dry. So I found a DC with silicone or protein and DC for an hour or so. I then put some Scurl and some EVOO. I plan on baggying overnight. I clarified before DC'ing. I didn't want to use sulfates since I want to steer clear of them, but I've been reading natural hair blogs and forums and figured that I had to clarify first.

The plan is to use the moisturizing DC twice a week and Dr. Miracles once a month.
Clarifying is just a harsh shampoo. Clarifying shampoos just have more sulfates in them to give your hair that extra cleaning. How can you have protein overload with your simple routine?
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Oh they have two masque, I must of brought the wrong one. Because I was no impressed....Maybe I will try it as Dee used it as a leave in conditioner.

as far as i know, shea moisture has 3 masques (dunno if there are any besides this)

the purification masque is the black/orange label
the deep treatment masque is sort of a...i dunno how to describe the color? dark mustard?
the anti-breakage masque is a dark green color.

i only like the purification masque...the other two dont work for me.

i dont think ive heard of any other masques of theirs.  which of the masques did you get? 

Edited by runrunrunner - Nov 08 2012 at 6:42am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:13am
Originally posted by runrunrunner runrunrunner wrote:

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

as far as i know, shea moisture has 3 masques (dunno if there are any besides this)

the purification masque is the black/orange label
the deep treatment masque is sort of a...i dunno how to describe the color? dark mustard?
the anti-breakage masque is a dark green color.

i only like the purification masque...the other two dont work for me.

i dont think ive heard of any other masques of theirs.  which of the masques did you get? 

Anti breakage masque with yucca and baobab, biotin and bamboo extract. Not impressed as a DC, guess I will try it as a leave in.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>