Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cleanse & Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Emily Loretta View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by Emily Loretta Emily Loretta wrote:

Alot of helpful info here! Thanks! I co wash 3x a week, (today is a co wash day actually) but I need to add DC. Does anyone use oils as your pre-co wash conditioner? Your experience? I'm currently using  Carrot Oil as my pre-treatment.
Thanks Emily! You go girl co washing 3 times a week, my schedule does not allow for this right now, but come the spring, I will start to cleanse more......I use coconut oil as a pre-conditioning treatment. I notice less hair in my hair stopper when I do this step. It for sure cuts down on breakage during washes. I would love to try carrot oil, but I want a good quality one, the ones I have come across at the BSS I seem to not like. Which brand of carrot oil do you use?

Thanks Veemack, I can tell you now my hair is thriving because of co-washing so often, plus I've just added baggying 3x a week in between my cowashes and my hair is loving it! It's always soft now, even softer then when I was just co-washing alone. I'm very happy with the simple and effective regiment I'm currently using. And the carrot oil I'm using to pre-cow with is Africa's Best Carrot & Tea Tree Oil. I'm a huge fan of carrot anything! I remember drinking fresh carrot juice for a while and it giving me thicker hair and a little growth I stopped after a while because it was to much to do. Like you said though with oiling my hair & scalp before, I've noticed less breakage, less shedding, more moisture, and healthier hair. 
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 6:13pm
I came across this neat product. This reminds me of years ago when I had lots of loc clients I use to hand steam their mature locs for a deep conditioning treatment. I used a hand held travel clothes steamer, and it worked really well. It is pricey imo, not really an alternative to a full hair steamer. $70 retail.

Edited by Veemack - Jan 08 2013 at 6:15pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 10:21am
Today is my shampoo and deep condition day. I already shampooed with the Shea Moisture shampoo, this stuff is so gooood! It is sulfate free but it lathers so gooood! I used this mostly on my scalp and then I did a second wash using Herbal Mud wash, which is also fabulous. My hair feels so soft, clean and conditioned already, before I get to deep conditioning. But I still proceeded, so now I have coconut oil and  the Shea Moisture Raw shea butter restorative conditioner w/sea kelp, argan oil and shea butter on my hair strands and I will sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.

I did not have a lot of shedding this shampoo nor any breakage. So my hair does not really need a lot of work. I could actually skip the deep conditioning part, but I want to stay on track.

If in  2013 you are still experiencing breakage and dry hair issues Unhappy I want you to know you do not have to continue to have dry hair and breakage. You scalp loves to be clean and your hair strands love water. Big smile Deep conditioning helps to keep your hair moisturized... Because I wash and deep condition frequently, I do not have to spritz my hair with water daily nor do I moisturize and seal. I have never had the need to add these steps to my routine. I apply moisturizer on wash day and then I might apply it again in 4 days, sometimes I do not apply any moisturizer until the next shampoo.

Great Thursday to all! God is so good, may you all be blessed!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:48pm
Today should of been shampoo day for me, but my schedule did not permit.
So I will wash my hair tomorrow, and I feel it is time for a protein treatment.
In my case I use the Ahogee two step treatment, I highly recommend this product if your hair is breaking.

Hope you all had a happy Dr. Martin Luther King day. I know I didSmile.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:50pm
Oh my goodness this is the absolute best shampoo! So today was a hectic day. I needed to wash my hair, but I had a client. So I was able to shampoo my hair but I had no time to deep condition it. So after I shampooed my hair I put it into two plaits and wrapped my hair in a towel, while I did my client. I was concerned that my hair would be dry when I took the towel off, but surprisingly my hair felt as though it had been deep conditioned when I took the towel off. This shampoo functions as a shampoo plus conditioner although it is not marketed this way. It is 9.99 for 12 ounces. This is less than $1 per ounce! This is what I look for with new products how much will it cost me per ounce. If it is $2-3 per ounce even if it is good, I will usually not buy it. I do make some exceptions for small black natural haircare businesses, but not to often.

Edited by Veemack - Jan 26 2013 at 5:57pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:22pm
Wow! So the other day I cleanse my hair with an herbal hair clay wash and used Cantu leave in conditioner along with Cantu's styling define promade. I decided to flatiron my hair because it has been awhile. I just did a aphogee protein treatment probably 2 weeks ago, so I felt my hair is prepared for the heat.

So after using the herbal clay wash, I skipped the DC because of time, and also because the clay wash leaves your hair really moisturized but clean feeling. You hair feels clean but not stripped. Ladies I tell you, when I went to go flat iron my hair it was straight in one pass, but I did two passes. Now my tightly coily hair never gets straight with one pass, it usually laughs at the curling iron. I have the same flat iron that I have had for about seven years, a white lady gave it to me. She has extremely curly hair and made an impulse buy from the mall it cost $200 by vidal sassoon, I think. I tried to pay her for it, but she wouldn't take my money Smile. She said it worked fine but she just never uses it and it was in top of her closet just collecting dust.

But anyway it was not the flatiron although it is a good flatiron, but I think the clay wash made the big difference. I have used this same iron before and my coily hair laughed at itLOLLOLLOL. Anyways, I was surprised, I will post pictures for you later because I know there are lots of lurkersLOL....Now remember my ideal of straight is not bone straight, even when I use to get relaxers I did not like them bones straight. My hair is not thin or thick my hair is average. It looks thick to others because it swells, but it is just normal density. I have a picture of my last flat ironing and boy was that funny, I had a nice blowoutLOL for all my hard workCry. And boy was I greasy LOL.

So ladies if you are not using any clay washes I recommend trying them at least once. You will find that your curls and coils are more defined and your hair is a lot softer.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:15am
My flat iron pictures. Keep in mind I never flat iron my hair bone straight, I do not like limp straight hair. My hair is normal density not thick, but not thin, just normal. so bone straight makes it look stringy.
On the left was my flat iron last year probably around the end of Summer on the right is my recent flat iron only two passes, after washing hair with a clay mud wash.

Even after getting caught in the rain my hair is still looking good. For more information on my flat iron routine on tightly coily hair check here: http://hairnfaith.blogspot.com/2013/02/flat-ironing-tightly-coily-hair.html

Edited by Veemack - Feb 10 2013 at 8:23am
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 10:24am
Clay washes sound like they worked well for you. I still have a new unused bottle of Terressentials that I plan to try and review.
Nice flatiron results, btw.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 12:13pm
Wow, Veemack, what a difference! Looks amazing on you! I've never tried a clay wash, might look into it.

I've been trying to take such good care of my hair lately. I can't believe I forgot about ACV rinses, I've always wanted to try one and see how it does. I need to do one tonight! I've been using the knockoff brand of Wen cleanser/conditioner, and it seems alright (although not much better than my sulfate/paraben-free shampoo and conditioner). I've been using L'Oreal's new damage repair balm, and, I've gotta say, it doesn't really stand out much in my mind. My hair seems a little bit thicker (the strands) after using that and Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong conditioner, but it doesn't help with moisture at all. My friend used the L'Oreal moisture repair balm and says it's much, much better. So I might try that. I just also bought my Aussie Moist deep conditioner. I've always loved that stuff. I might even leave it in for a few hours before actually washing my hair.

Maybe an ACV wash is all I need to get these products to work better for me again.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 10:17am
Ladies clay washes are really good for your hair. I have never used TE mud wash. I use one mixed with herbs and I love it. I recommend using a clay wash once a month. So I use an herbal clay wash every third week. My hair is still thriving and benefiting from the weekly wash and deep conditioning treatments. My hair is in a very healthy state, thanks in part to  weekly washes and DC, my coils are more defined and smooth when I put my hair in a bun. I have found the perfect product to smooth tightly coily type 4 hair, although I just started using it, so far I love it. I just might get lazy with my bun.SmileSmileSmile

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>