Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cleanse & Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:51pm
Some people have a regular hair regimen they follow weekly, bi weekly or monthly.
Some people only believing in doing for their hair as needed. I am speaking in reference to the basics which are: cleansing, conditioning and strengthening the hair. It is best to have a weekly routine of cleansing and deep conditioning, because you want to be proactive with your haircare, not reactive. Especially those sisters whose normal rate of growth is 1/4 inch per month and whose hair breaks easily. These women do not want to wait until their hair becomes dry in order to apply moisturizer or deep condition. Dry hair is similar to a thirsty mouth. When you become thirsty your system is already dehydrated, this is why nutritionists encourage use to drink lots of water on a daily basis. Repeated dehydration leads to healthy issues. So apply this concept to your hair, by the time your hair becomes dry, you have already lost extra hair strands to the dryness.

So be proactive, not reactive!
Deep condition on a weekly basis. Your hair will love it!

Edited by Veemack - Dec 22 2012 at 9:54pm
Sponsored Links

Abstraction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abstraction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 3:42pm
I read this post about a month ago so I didn't really get the full effects of a full three months. But I did take a lot of this information into consideration because my hair growth has really slowed down and my hair was starting to feel hard and wiry.

So, a couple of weeks ago I got some ACV to see how it would work out ... and I am soo glad I did!
I haven't noticed any effects on growth rate or anything [but like I said it's only been a couple of weeks] but it has really helped clean my strands. My hair is no longer hard and it retains moisture so much better! I am transitioning [relaxed to texturized] and this has really helped me get my thicker hair moisturized and healthy.

Thanks for all this helpful information I really think it's made a world of difference for me
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Abstraction Abstraction wrote:

I read this post about a month ago so I didn't really get the full effects of a full three months. But I did take a lot of this information into consideration because my hair growth has really slowed down and my hair was starting to feel hard and wiry.

So, a couple of weeks ago I got some ACV to see how it would work out ... and I am soo glad I did!
I haven't noticed any effects on growth rate or anything [but like I said it's only been a couple of weeks] but it has really helped clean my strands. My hair is no longer hard and it retains moisture so much better! I am transitioning [relaxed to texturized] and this has really helped me get my thicker hair moisturized and healthy.

Thanks for all this helpful information I really think it's made a world of difference for me
Awesome! Glad it is working out for you! You will notice thickness before you notice increased length, but the two go together. If your hair is fuller then it is also longer, but with natural hair, sometimes it is hard to see the increased growth. Doing ACV rinses will not do much for your hair growth, but washing your hair more will, because your scalp is being fed water during every washing. In addition to washing your hair weekly, drinking more water daily will contribute greatly to your hair growth. Water in and water on really helps our hair. Our bodies love water. Another thing that will increase your hair growth rate is doing some scalp work. Which is massaging your scalp daily with  natural oils. It really does make a difference. Adding these techniques to your haircare regimen on a consistent basis you will see a difference in the  amount of growth you get each month, after about 8-10 weeks of being consistent......Again glad the ACV worked for you, remember this is not a rinse you use on a weekly basis, every two weeks at the most.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:45am
A tale of Christmas eve, nappy hair, rain and a good haircare regimen!

So Christmas eve, while rocking a fabulous twist out, I got caught in the rain while running errands. I tried to out run the rain, but that is impossibleCry so I think to myself, I should of worn a wig, but I didn't know it was raining until I stepped out the door. My umbrella was not cooperating with me so my hair got wet. But hey my show must go on, so I kept it moving, on purpose I didn't check my hair in any mirrors, because I just knew it looked a mess. But when I got back home and looked in the mirror, my hair was still looking good. Yes it had gotten bigger , because the moisture made it swell, but my curls were still popping and  hanging on my shoulders.

Ladies when your hair is in good condition, it will even weather getting caught in the rain. I mean with my weekly sometimes bi weekly washings and weekly DC my hair is doing really well with its own moisture levels. It is not popping or anything. This year I have had no setbacks and no issues with my hair at all. Only good stuff to comment about concerning my hair, all praises be to God!

To top it off, I was so tired from Christmas day celebrations that I fell asleep with my hair not twisted up nor did I have my satin bonnet. But this morning my hair is still moisturized and the front of my twist out still looks good, but the back that I slept on is smashed, but I can fluff that out. I still have coil definition! So loving my tightly coiled so called 4C hair.Big smile

Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse!

Condition, condition, condition!

Strengthen, strengthen, strengthen!

For healthy hair and growth retention!

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:33pm
If you would like to define your curl more this is a treatment you want to give a try.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 11:15am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 8:16pm
Ladies I hope you are still cleansing weekly and deep conditioning because this is the absolute best thing you can do for your hair......My shampoo and deep condition day should be tomorrow but it may have to wait until Tuesday, because of my schedule. I know because it is cold weather for most of us that it is easy to get off track, but stay focused. If you are consistent with your regimen you will reap the benefits.

I came across this video and thought about you ladies who like to make your own products and opt for a more natural approach to beauty care. I do this recipe but I add 2 catnip tea bags to the mix. Blessings!!!!!!!

Edited by Veemack - Jan 06 2013 at 8:31pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 8:20pm
Looking for a good cleanser?
Have no desire to make your own shampoo/cleanser?
I recommend this conditioning cleanser by Lisa Rachel. It cleanses, untangles and leaves hair feeling soft and manageable.  It also last a long time. Although I shampoo my hair frequently, it still lasts me 6 months. Not bad! You can find this as Ross at a discount price on occasion.

Edited by Veemack - Jan 06 2013 at 9:14pm
Emily Loretta View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:06am
Alot of helpful info here! Thanks! I co wash 3x a week, (today is a co wash day actually) but I need to add DC. Does anyone use oils as your pre-co wash conditioner? Your experience? I'm currently using  Carrot Oil as my pre-treatment.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Emily Loretta Emily Loretta wrote:

Alot of helpful info here! Thanks! I co wash 3x a week, (today is a co wash day actually) but I need to add DC. Does anyone use oils as your pre-co wash conditioner? Your experience? I'm currently using  Carrot Oil as my pre-treatment.
Thanks Emily! You go girl co washing 3 times a week, my schedule does not allow for this right now, but come the spring, I will start to cleanse more......I use coconut oil as a pre-conditioning treatment. I notice less hair in my hair stopper when I do this step. It for sure cuts down on breakage during washes. I would love to try carrot oil, but I want a good quality one, the ones I have come across at the BSS I seem to not like. Which brand of carrot oil do you use?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic