Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cleanse & Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by DEE80 DEE80 wrote:

I did another wash and dc today. I used Neutrogena Daily Deep Conditioner. My hair was so soft. I used this in the past, but I think I stopped because of the 'cones in it. I'm not too bothered by it like I used to be.

@Vee do you still the GHE method?
No because my hair stays moisturized so well and it is so healthy. But the GHE got me on the road to healthy hair. I start back to stimulate as much growth as I can. Yea, I think I will, thanks for bringing this up. Think I will combine it with a stimulating oil mixture. I will figure out something. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

If you are currently experiencing breakage and your hair is weak, give yourself an Aphogee 2 step treatment before beginning this challenge."

I mean no harm here, but I'd recommend that anyone with weak breaking hair check the elasticity of their hair to determine whether they need a protein or moisture treatment. Weak and breaking hair would suggest that  the hair needs moisture, not a heavy duty protein treatment such as aphogee.
Besides, it is always best to err on the side of moisture.

Good luck with your challenge ladies

Edited by Wildfire - Nov 20 2012 at 3:25pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

If you are currently experiencing breakage and your hair is weak, give yourself an Aphogee 2 step treatment before beginning this challenge."

I mean no harm here, but I'd recommend that anyone with weak breaking hair check the elasticity of their hair to determine whether they need a protein or moisture treatment. Weak and breaking hair would suggest that  the hair needs moisture, not a heavy duty protein treatment such as aphogee.
Besides, it is always best to err on the side of moisture.

Good luck with your challenge ladies

This whole challenge is about moisture by washing more and deep conditioning more. Aphogee is not heavy duty, it is just the best one that sticks and actually work. I have used it for years way before these hair forums. It does not have to be this name brand but a protein treatment which has hydrolyzed keratin listed as the first 3 ingredients. The internet community has made it seems like Aphogee is heavy duty, but I have used it on clients for years and recommend it. My goal is to stop the breakage, the hydrolyzed protein does just that at least by 75% the first treatment. If the treatment does not have hydrolyzed keratin in it, then it is a waste of time, imo, because it only rinses off of your hair strands and last for a few days. The Aphogee last at least 4 to 6 weeks depending upon what you do to your hair in the meantime. Like if you use heat, it will not last as long because even it is not permanent and will come off on the curling iron with continuous use. 

Weak hair needs strength because in most cases it has lost protein due to styling methods used. Heat, brushes etc, overtime can weaken the protein bonds on your hair strand. Aphogee is a miracle worker for breaking hair in my opinion. My goal is stop breakage in its tracks, the hydrolyzed protein does this and then you add back moisturizer. The challenge has been going on for a minute it is going well, loving my hair.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 20 2012 at 5:47pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:02pm
I didnt realise stripping the hair of much needed moisture by shampooing on a too frequent basis is a good idea? Not to mention all the excessive manipulation?
There are other ways to keep the hair properly moisturized without taking it through the rigours of frequent shampooing. These include: such as co-washes, daily moisturizing, and baggying. If your hair needs to be shampooed twice per week or more (greasy scalp, active lifestyle etc) then i understand, but for goodness sake, if youre already having problems with dryness, why on earth would you want to compound that problem by shampooing the life out of it?

Did I just read where you said aphogee is not heavy dutyGeek?. Okay then.
Suffice it to say, i will just exit this thread with a sigh. Good luck to all the ladies.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 12:41pm

I didnt realise stripping the hair of much needed moisture by shampooing on a too frequent basis is a good idea? Not to mention all the excessive manipulation?
There are other ways to keep the hair properly moisturized without taking it through the rigours of frequent shampooing. These include: such as co-washes, daily moisturizing, and baggying. If your hair needs to be shampooed twice per week or more (greasy scalp, active lifestyle etc) then i understand, but for goodness sake, if youre already having problems with dryness, why on earth would you want to compound that problem by shampooing the life out of it?

Did I just read where you said aphogee is not heavy dutyGeek?. Okay then.
Suffice it to say, i will just exit this thread with a sigh. Good luck to all the ladies.

Water is the main thing which gives the hair moisture, so washing more frequently keeps the hair moisturized and it helps it to grow better. Why do you think white women wash their hair so frequently? They cannot style their hair good with buildup of oil and etc. Shampooing  removes build up and we shed skin cells daily. Hair grows best when your scalp is clean and you keep that hair when it stong and moisturized. If the weather was warmer I would wash my hair everyday. Washing your hair does not strip the hair of moisture it gives your hair moisture. WHAT YOU WASH YOUR HAIR WITH STRIPS IT OF MOISTURE AND IF YOU HAVE HARD WATER. Applying moisturizer daily is not the best way to keep it moisturized, unless you are washing your hair more frequently because you want to eliminate product buildup. Also most of the over the counter moisturizer attract dirt from the hair. So you can do that on a regular basis but you need to washing your hair more frequently. And if you are baggying your hold head at night, you for sure need to wash your hair weekly or twice a week, because that creates more sweat and buildup. The worst thing a black woman can think is that washing your hair frequently once or twice a week is to much. You wash your body daily don't you? Well your skin, hair nails all made of keratin, different forms of it......I didn't read anything about Aphogee, I did take the seminar many years ago, it is a professional product that I used for many years inside the salon, now it is available over the counter for at home use. It contains hydrolyzed keratin protein which is the only one that sticks to the hair strands through manipulation. So it is not that it is heavy duty, it is the only type that works. Or any other product which has hydrolyzed keratin protein it does not have to be Aphogee specifically. Some people say heavy duty, I just say it is the best. That is just how I see it, because many are scared away from this product when people say heavy duty like it is to strong. That is not the case, unless you are allergic to something in the product. Aphogee 2 step is good and it works, I recommend it to anyone who is experiencing breakage that will not stop. Also Hydrolyzed Keratin protein keep moisture inside the hair strands longer, so your hair will stay moisturized longer. Yes it does.

If you are not in the challenge then why does this bother you? This challenge is working for the ladies here and for the many who are lurking. This is not a new concept. Wash twice a week if you desire, DC twice a week if you desire. It is all voluntary. I do know that I still get lots of black women complaining about dry hair, and their dry hair popping. The same as we get up and wash our body daily and brush our teeth we should treat our body the same. Most cannot wash their hair daily because of lifestyle. But I tell my clients not less than twice a week for the average head is recommended.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 24 2012 at 12:52pm
WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:10pm

Confused But alot of us haven't been shampooing twice a week...we cowash as well. 

At the beginning of this challenge I did use a gentle sulfate free shampoo and a DC twice a week...my hair has LOVED it.  I also cowashed. Now, my hair is stronger and retains moisture way better. I see wayyy less breakage. I dont even need to moisturize daily or baggy.

I think that some things work for some and some things dont. You can't knock something just because it isn't the proper way the hyped up natural world does things...It's working for me...so it must not be so bad. I figure less breakage + more moisture + more strength = length retention. That's what I'm seeing...

Why did you have to come and knock our fun? Cry
WarriorGurl233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriorGurl233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:17pm
Update:Cool Cool

Saturday:
Cleansed with As I am Cleaning Pudding
DC under dryer 15 mins with Organix Brazilian keratin therapy mask

Today, Wednesday:
Cleansed with Cowashing Bar.
DC under dryer 10 mins with Organix Awapuhi ginger mask.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 11:04am
LMAO...omg!!!

This is a place where different ideas should be welcomed and expressed.
No one is trying to "spoil" anyone's fun but people should not be ran out of threads because they do not agree with your methods or offer different view points.

I hope this challenge works for you and those participating. But it is down right rude VEEMACK to basically tell someone to mind their own business. And your right there are people lurking in this challenge and they should have all view points brought to light.

Just because someone is not actively participating in a challenge does not make what they have to say null and void.

I am shocked that this has gone unchecked

"Seek First to understand, then to be understood"
SaraMcGinnis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaraMcGinnis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 11:57am
thanks for shairing,,I think Vitamins for hair growth deliver nutrition for faster and healthier hair growth.Smile
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by WarriorGurl233 WarriorGurl233 wrote:

Why did you have to come and knock our fun? Cry

Keeping having your fun, young 'un.. 

Or shall we say "Ignorance is bliss?"  Wildfire has quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to this hair board.  She's never come on the board from the beginning as the OP has and began preaching.  Wildfire has been an inspiration with her journey, just as many of us have.  What makes BHM great is the absolute knowledge of ALL of the members - not just one - because they claim to be a "Professional"..

VEEManic Depressive has literally been re-educated by the BHM members since she's arrived.. Today she'll defend her  (cough cough) ideas to the death.. then next week she'll turn around and repeat the very thing that wild fire just quoted with equal vehemence.  I'll guarantee you this.  It's her M.O.

This is why she can't post elsewhere.  She's been run out of most areas on this board due absolute lack of knowledge but amazing ability to "preach" and baffle with B.S. - and i'm not talking about Bible Study either.. she can use quite a bit of work in THAT area as well.

The reason why she tends to garner "followers", is basically folks would rather be spoon-fed (quick and easy) knowledge, versus trial and error looking through archives, and researching. This is what many of the vets here have done.  and we've gathered that knowledge in "Stickies" or 101 threads for the people with questions. These are  a wealth of knowledge.  but many are too lazy to read through them and glean it, and educate themselves.

You'd rather sit here on your well-fed behinds and get it from someone who knows no more about growing hair than you do.

Confused

I'm sorry warrior gurl.. This isn't a personal attack on you at all. 

But someone has to tell the truth, and i thank the other ladies for speaking up.  If everyone continues to  go on as a "herd" and keep following this chick - feel free..

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic