Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cleanse and Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Cleanse and Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleanse and Deep Condition 4 better hair growth.
    Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 9:15pm
Although there is lots of great information out there and on this site, I still come across sisters experiencing dry hair and breakage. These two things left untreated will lead to major setbacks. Two of the most important things you can do for your hair is keep your scalp clean and your hair moisturized.

FACT# 1 Hair grows better from a clean scalp.

FACT #2 Properly PH balanced and moisturized hair has great elasticity and is less likely to break when manipulated.

Cleanse and Deep Condition   3 month healthy hair and growth  Challenge
(October, November and December)

Requirements: Cleanse your hair twice a week, preferably on Monday and Sat.

Deep condition your hair after every cleanse: use a good moisturizing deep conditioner and sit under a dryer for 10 minutes or more if desired.

There is a popular saying that goes, if you want something different then start doing things differently. So this is a good chance to see how frequent cleansing and deep conditioning benefits your hair.

Recommendations before you start this challenge:
Purchase some PH balance strips and check the PH of your cleanser and DC
If you are having a hard time keeping your hair moisturized, give yourself a ACV rinse. If your hair is overly porous the best conditioner in the world will not make much difference. Be sure to have you a good cleanser and a good deep conditioner. If you are currently experiencing breakage and your hair is weak, give yourself an Aphogee 2 step treatment before beginning this challenge. Doing these things will ensure your the best results by the end of this challenge. I also recommend you keep a hair diary of what you do and use on your hair cleansing and DC days.

This is a great challenge that can push you closer towards reaching your end of year goals. I know many are doing protective styles right now, but this challenge is hands on and if you stick with it, your hair will be healthier come December. Although you can alter this challenge I do not think it fits if your are wearing extensions. This does work with bunning or if you are wearing a u part wig, or lacefront that you remove nightly.

Edited by Veemack - Sep 23 2012 at 9:29pm
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 9:37am
Good morning everybody!!!!!!!

Day one: CLEANSE
Today I cleansed my hair with Lisa Rachel Tea Tree conditioning cleanser. This cleanser has a PH of 5.0.
If you are in the market for a good cleanser, I would give this a try. I have used it for about 2 years, with excellent results.

CONDITION
The DC I used is the Dr. Miracles Follicles healer deep conditioning treatment. This conditioner comes in individual packets for less than $2 and it is excellent for tightly coily hair. This is only the second product I have used from this line. This conditioner make my hair feel so soft and detangled. I sit under the dryer for 10 minutes with this DC.

Conditioner tip: There is no need or benefit to leaving conditioner on your hair for hours, you hair strands can only absorb so much product. When it reaches its limits it stops absorbing. Twenty minutes is the maximum time you need to DC. Now doing it longer will not hurt, but it does waste precious time. Just a tip for busy people such as myself.

Edited by Veemack - Sep 24 2012 at 9:44am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 10:10am
Cleansing hair tips

Your hair wash day should not be a chore, but a pleasure. Do not go so fast and miss the experience. As your run your fingers through you hair strands, really concentrate on how your strands and scalp feels. This is a time to get to know your hair better. And while you are cleansing your scalp, thank God for blessing you with life and abundant health, thank God for a healthy body and mind, thank God for your beautiful hair and whatever else you can thank God for. As the cleanser and water cleanses your hair, ask God to cleanse your life of all negativity and bad thoughts and acts.
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 2:34pm
I'm in.

Regimen:

Cleanse with CJ Cleansing Conditioner or Shea Moisture Shampoo
DC with Shea Moisture Masque
Use some EVOO afterwards
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by DEE80 DEE80 wrote:

I'm in.

Regimen:

Cleanse with CJ Cleansing Conditioner or Shea Moisture Shampoo
DC with Shea Moisture Masque
Use some EVOO afterwards
Awesome! I found some helpful tips for managing your low porosity hair. Some of these tips will not apply until your hair grows out some.

Tips for those with low porosity hair.

1. Apply product to damp hair. Just after washing, your hair has absorbed a lot of water and will therefore find it hard to absorb anything else. By allowing your hair to dry and let go of some of the water, it will be able to absorb more product.
  2. Use a detangling comb or brush. After applying your product, it is imperative that it is distributed properly throughout your hair to prevent one part from having too much product and just sitting on your hair. After applying your product, grab a detangling comb or brush and run it through your hair gently from tip to root.
  3. Squeeze out the excess. If you know that the product you use has a tendency to turn white or if you use too much and it takes forever and a day to dry, then get rid of the excess. This step does not require you washing out the product, but is as simple as grabbing a small section of hair and sandwiching it between your index and middle finger then running your finger down the hair gently to slide the excess product off of your hair. Do this to as many sections as needed until your hair no longer has the white foamy look or until the little white balls of product disappear.
  4. Smooth your hair. For heavier, thicker products like butters, where the excess cannot be squeezed out, smooth it in. Grab a small section of your hair and place it between your palms then run your hands down the length of your hair and keep going until the product disappears.
  5. Always sit under a dryer when you deep condition your hair for at least 10-20 minutes
missdaniella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missdaniella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 8:21am
Ok I guess this will help me give the flat iron a break

My regimen:
Cleanse with Joico Shampoo for colored hair
DC with Joico conditioner mixed with olive oil & vegetable oil or any essential oil
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 12:38pm
Welcome to the challenge missdaniella!
Yes that flat iron will get you eventually.
This is a good time to take break, whip your hair back in shape with the frequent DC.
I have never DC twice a week so I am excited to see what results this will bring for me. My hair is already in good shape, maybe this will define my coil pattern even more. I shall see.
cmoniquew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmoniquew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 8:36pm
I want in. I'm going to try this salon grafix cleanser and conditioner I picked up at Walmart. My wash days will probably be Tuesday and Sunday.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by cmoniquew cmoniquew wrote:

I want in. I'm going to try this salon grafix cleanser and conditioner I picked up at Walmart. My wash days will probably be Tuesday and Sunday.
I have not heard of this product before, how long have you been using this conditioner? Do you like the results? Which isle in Walmart on the ethnic hair products isle or the other hair products isle? Will this be your deep conditioner also.

Welcome to the challenge, I am confident this challenge if we stick with it, will yield great results to start the New Year off right.
CarenMarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarenMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 12:00pm

I'm in. Smile 

African Black Soap for cleaning & Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery for DC under a hood dryer for 15. Wash days will be Monday and Saturday.

*1 tablespoon raw African black soap crumbs to 32 oz of bottled water, let sit overnight. I add 8oz at a time to one of those tipped color application bottles. Sorry I have no clue as to the PH balance, will invest in some PH strips.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic