Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Clean scalp vs. moisturized scalp for growth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 4:13pm
A clean scalp IS the most important step to growing hair quickly and healthily. A lot of people forget this, but without a clean scalp, you're missing out on serious hair growth potential.

But what your hair stylist said is iffy (I'm not gonna flat out say WRONG), because our hair does need an extra boost of support from NATURAL scalp stimulators like licorice (riarankine.hubpages.com/hub/The-Power-of-Licorice-Healthy-Hair-Benefits) and we NEED things like moisture and protein to keep the length of our hair healthy.

I notice extra growth when I use licorice and cinnamon for my hair. So yeah, that extra stuff works. But make sure you have a regimen that keeps your scalp clean, too.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 5:14am
Originally posted by brown123 brown123 wrote:

Thats the reason i was wanting to lay off the oils some of them seem to make me itch. I'm currently using Wild Growth Oil for growth I feel kind of itcy when I use it. Now, that I think about it seems to me i geta bout the same grow when i use something on my scalp vs. not using anything at all. If it is a difference it's very little. Wow, most of these products for hair growth MIGHT be pretty much useless because your hair is going to grow regardless.

your scalp is trying to tell you the best was it knows how it doesnt like oilsLOL you should listen.

and yeah hair is going to grow regardless.  it takes people years to learn that.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 7:30pm
Im sorry but I must disagree based on my observations. My hair grew approximately 1/4 inch/month without growth aids. Now that I  am using some the rate has definitely increased. 

I do not use grease of any kind anywhere on my head because I have baby fine hair similar to frizzy haired Iris Caucasians. I can use oils but prefer that even those are light. I often deliver the growth aids to the scalp in a water based  concoction  so it would definitely not cause the scalp to be "dirty" by using water based growth agents.
I can mix Megatek with water, add some sulfur powder and or MSM to it at a 10% ratio, one may add biotin powder from capsules, or add some Miconizole Nitrate to that. One would have a water based growth aid with no grease and very little oils even. The scalp will stay "clean" yet one may deliver nutrients to the scalp topically which are instrumental to the health and growth from the follicles. If nothing applied to the scalp could effect hair growth, ROGAIN would not make bald people grow hair. In addition, a lot of growth aids are taken orally instead of topically. If nothing taken orally could affect the body's metabolism, doctors need to stop prescribing meds.

For those who find that their hair can not grow any faster even with religious use of growth aids, I am very sorry for you. But my growth has increased to approximately 2/3rd inch per month instead of 1/4 inch per month using growth aids both topically and orally. This is more than double my normal growth. Almost three times my natural growth rate. Sure my hair was growing at 1/4 inch per month. But not much.
PS See above my hair grew from line 5 or 6 to line 8 or 9 in 2 months with religious use of growth aids. That is definitely NOT the 1/4 " a month that I used to grow without growth aids.  Your hair will grow without growth aids because you are alive. But how much?

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2013 at 8:32am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 9:13am
Tatee, I hate to remind you, but sulfur is one of the top ingredients in your regular hair product. So you do use growth aids therefore you're in no position to speak on not using growth aids.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Tatee, I hate to remind you, but sulfur is one of the top ingredients in your regular hair product. So you do use growth aids therefore you're in no position to speak on not using growth aids.

i dont know what the you problem is and i really dont care but you got one more time to come at me sideways.  i said then as ive said repeatedly what works for some may not work for others.  ive also been using that detangler for exactly 2 weeks.  so bitch step the off my dick and take your *&%^$#@Ein meds.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 9:15pm
I did not mean to offend you at all by stating that the detangler had growth aid in it. I  AM SO SORRY that you took it that personally and that offensively. I was really just stating a simple fact. Apparently the idea of being able to say that one does not have to do much to one's hair is really important to some. 
That is not important to me. I believe in doing whatever  WORKS! Whether it takes a little effort or a lot is immaterial to me. As long as it works. But in the final analysis, I totally agree with you that everyone is different.

PS: That being said, I do find your use of language excessive and uncalled for.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2013 at 9:22pm
brown123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brown123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 1:15am
I like LadyAradia post. Because she stated her opinion and she actually provided some evidence(pics) that growth aids really do help. This is what Black Hair Media is for. Your hair really did grow alot. Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic