BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Clean Make Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:03pm
oh, if you meant my post with rihanna in it...somebody asked about "natural dramatic".
 so those second set of pics arent clean-faced necessarily. more like neutral with a bit of drama.
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

Women that have strong cheek bones and other strong features may not need to wear colorful or bold make up.

I think this is me. Bold shadows and lip colours make me look....severe.
So i stick to toned down looks, and add a little blush if i want to look a bit different.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:08pm
are those her real lashes?

i thought they were lash extensions...

im gonna look on her channel
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

the girl at the top is a tad cake.....

that's not exactly clean-face...she has on glittery shadow etc...i posted that in reference to an evening/night look
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:03pm
Another young lady wrote that...lol..I actually disagreed saying I have strong features and I wear bold makeup on occasion ;)..im trying to find a pic of mine that shows this.

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Women that have strong cheek bones and other strong features may not need to wear colorful or bold make up.
<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> 
</span>
</span>
</span>
So i stick to toned down looks, and add a little blush if i want to look a bit different.

Edited by msjaim2 - Apr 29 2014 at 5:06pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

i also heard MAC was originally supposed to be mainly used as theatrical stage makeup...so...yea...

iono..i might by a future lipstick or liner...if it is just one of a kind...but i doubt i will go back

this is what I heard as well....and its makes sense as to why its so heavy. 

...i don't know why so many women see it as the "holy grail" of makeup when there are so many better options especially for color matching. Heck, Black Opal, Fashion Fair and Iman all have better foundation matches than MAC. 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

Did any of you ladies use to buy that pink sponge from bss that remove oils? I remember when i was not allowed to wear face powder i used that and it made my face look awesome and i would use mascara and lipgloss. It gave this smooth finish, i may need to get one of those again for no make up days

Yes, I used to use sponge  that with translucent "Cornsilk'

Yesssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!! I love Cornsilk. I saw some at Big Lots sometime ago and stocked up. I also have a bronzer that i use ever so carefully cause once it is gone, no mas.

Cornsilk is the truth.

I have tried many expensive ytranslucent powder brands .. only to come back to my old school cornsilk.

That product is truely unique.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

i also heard MAC was originally supposed to be mainly used as theatrical stage makeup...so...yea...

iono..i might by a future lipstick or liner...if it is just one of a kind...but i doubt i will go back

this is what I heard as well....and its makes sense as to why its so heavy. 

...i don't know why so many women see it as the "holy grail" of makeup when there are so many better options especially for color matching. Heck, Black Opal, Fashion Fair and Iman all have better foundation matches than MAC. 

Um MAC is ...light .. not heavy, that is why I iuse it exclusively. Now... I use the powder so maybe that's it. I don't of any othe MAC foundation.
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:15pm

Another young lady wrote that...lol..I actually disagreed saying I have strong features and I wear bold makeup on occasion ;)..im trying to find a pic of mine that shows this.

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

</span>
</span>
</span>

Well I'm not that young but gracias. I hear u, msjaim. I have never found that balance of a nice dramatic without feeling a bit too much with the heavy-duty-color-me-up makeup.

Plus I like to look like I'm the same person with or without makeup. I can only imagine going to work one day looking like I just left an Essence photo shoot and then the next day coming in looking like Ms. Celie. No mam. It's got to be everyday or just no days at all. Consistency is major thing because people won't hold their tongues where I work.

Edited by Ds2nice - Apr 29 2014 at 8:06pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:28pm
I just wear a 'makeup base' to work,but I always have a lipstick and a small makeup palette with blush, etc in my purse. On the average day, this is it and it looks great with business casual attire and with business professional attire:

*Loose powder or a sheer matte foundation that I can quickly smear on at the crack of dawn
*Mascara and/or eyeliner
*Lipstick or lipgloss
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style