Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

"Classic Ladies and Men of Colour" Tumblr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:46am
I don't know if it's just me but young Harry Belafonte is scary-looking.

He's got a forehead/face like a damn comic-book villainLOL

Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:47am
They ain't even payin' attention to Belfonte LOL

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:48am
I think Zap Mama sounds a lot like Eartha Kitt
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

eartha kitt....I love her

“I used to have a lot of fun with this song…then Madonna sang it” (Eartha on singing "Santa Baby")
LOLCryDead

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Lena Horne and her daughter Gail.

Lena Horne and her daughter Gail.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/48/4887/85B9G00Z/posters/lena-horne-hugging-daughter-writer-gail-lunet-buckley-after-concert-at-carnegie-hall-nyc.jpg
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:53am

Terry Wogan: But there must have been people who showed you affection and love in your life. Is it that you can’t accept it?
Eartha Kitt: The public and my daughter, yes. The public—if it wasn’t for the public—
Terry Wogan: [repeats twice] Never a man?
Eartha Kitt: A man? [emotional pause] A man has always wanted to lay me down, but he never wanted to pick me up. And the men that did have real love and affection for me were the ones that never touched me.

Cry she had a really rough childhood. the whole interview makes me so sad

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:58am
You can't tell me this Asian guy don't look like Robert Downey Jr. in Blackface LOL

Toshiro Mifune

April 1, 1920~December 24, 1997

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:59am
more Hazel

The great singer and pianist Hazel Scott with her then husband, New York congressman and minister Adam Clayton Powell Jr. at the opening night of the club Bop City in New York City in April 1949. Photo: Martha Holmes/Time Life Pictures.

The great singer and pianist Hazel Scott with her then husband, New York congressman and minister Adam Clayton Powell Jr. at the opening night of the club Bop City in New York City in April 1949. Photo: Martha Holmes/Time Life Pictures.

Hazel Scott chatting with Bill Cosby and James Moody (Yes, Moody&amp;#8217;s Mood for Love) in 1968 at a Los Angeles bar called Hong Kong. This photo was included in a March 1968 story about Ms. Scott in Ebony magazine.

Hazel Scott chatting with Bill Cosby and James Moody (Yes, Moody’s Mood for Love) in 1968 at a Los Angeles bar called Hong Kong. This photo was included in a March 1968 story about Ms. Scott in Ebony magazine.

(I wear my hat like that)Big smile
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:04am
omg i didnt even recognize Bill Cosby!!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:06am

Actresses who were confined to and/or became popular for their servant/mammy roles. 

Hattie McDaniel, Louise Beavers

Ethel Waters, Ruby Dandridge

Theresa Harris, Butterfly McQueen

Amanda & Lillian Randolph

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon