Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CLA Tonalin= flatter tummy!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
mz. new~new View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mz. new~new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 9:00am
I bought some yesterday from Walmart.
Sponsored Links

tanyabry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanyabry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 10:03am
I'm going to get some and report back....grabs purse to head off to Walmart
Ashley2Bella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley2Bella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 8:22pm
I heard about this stuff and was wondering if it was any good....keep on keeping us posted ladies :)
beauty810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beauty810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 10:40pm
yes, yes, yes let ME know if it works for you ladies!!! I'm a believer!!!
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 11:57am
DAMN I GOT A BOTTLE THT I HAD FOR 2 YRS. IM SURE ITS NO GOOD NOW.
MoreHair_43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoreHair_43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:43pm
I had success with Tonalin CLA in the past.  The scales showed a slow weight loss, but I slimmed down.

I exercised with mine, and I would suggest that you exercise to get the full benefit. 

SeXxiLuV818 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeXxiLuV818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 11:27pm
I'm a huge fan of CLA! When I took CLA, I took it with GLA (borage oil) as well because the combined benefits are AMAZING! But CLA by itself will definitely give you GREAT health benefits and results! You will lose a LOT of inches, even though the scale movement slows down a lot. You build a lot of lean muscle and see your results from working out a  LOT faster.

I personally like taking the Liquid CLA (creamsicle flavor) because you only need 1/2 Tablespoon to get the FULL recommended dosage of 3400mg. I hate popping pills,lol.

Make sure u take the recommended (3400mg) daily dosage of CLA to get the results. Here's some info from LCF:

Originally posted by lowcarbfriends.com lowcarbfriends.com wrote:

Welcome"

Because of the potential for side effects and interactions with medications, dietary supplements should be taken only under the supervision of a knowledgeable healthcare provider.

What is CLA/GLA?
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) to promote lean muscle while burning fat.

Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) for its many beneficial effects in fighting muscle inflammation and supporting the immune system. From a fat loss perspective, GLA is vital in supporting the production of two strong fat burning hormones...growth hormone and the bodys primary calorie burning hormone, thyroid hormone.
GLA should be taken with food

Most effective daily dose...
CLA 3400 mg (1/2 Tbsp liquid once a day, or 5 Tonalin or Spring Valley capsules)
GLA 500-1000 mg (2-4 Borage Oil caps a day)

How does CLA work?
A: CLA prevents fat from being deposited into the cells by speeding up the body's fat metabolism. CLA also helps the body metabolize existing fat deposits. This fat then returns to the blood stream where it is used as energy by muscle cells and the liver. CLA activates genes that trigger fat cell death, shrinks fat cells, speeds up metabolism.
CLA Turns on Fat Breakdown Genes
CLA Boosts Endurance

How does GLA work?
A: Numerous research studies have examined the role of GLA for improving health, specifically in the area of weight loss. GLA from borage oil causes less body fat to accumulate. Borage oil owes its healing power to the presence of essential fatty acids, the most important of which is GLA, an omega-6 fatty acid. (While borage oil is often used interchangeably with evening primrose oil, ounce for ounce, borage oil boasts more than twice as much GLA.)

Guidelines for Use
Taking borage oil with food may boost GLA absorption and minimize unpleasant side effects.
If you take an anticoagulant (blood-thinning) medication, check with your doctor before trying borage oil. The are no other known drug or nutrient interactions associated with borage oil.

Possible Side Effects ...
Borage oil may cause loose stools and minor stomach problems.

Other benefits of Borage Oil...
Reduce the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis
Clear up acne and rosacea
Alleviate inflammation associated with lupus
Prevent nerve damage (neuropathy) due to diabetes
Combat damage from multiple sclerosis
Ease cough and soothe throat disorders
Treat Alzheimer's-related memory deficiencies
Reduce stress and high blood pressure
Nourish nails, scalp, and hair
Counter impotence and female infertility

CLA Q&A

Is CLA Safe to Take With My Thyroid Medications?
There's no evidence that CLA, a food supplement, interacts with thyroid medications, or poses any special dangers to thyroid patients. But you should always discuss any supplements you
intend to take with your own physician or practitioner before starting.

Is CLA Only for People with Thyroid Problems?
Absolutely not. The studies have shown that it's effective in general for reducing/converting fat. You don't have to have a thyroid problem -- you just have to be overweight -- to benefit from CLA.
How Much Should I Take?

The study found that 3.4 grams of CLA was needed in order to get the benefits. That's 3,400 mg. Since the various formulas contain a percentage of other oils as ingredients, it's wise to probably calculate how much each pill is delivering to make sure you're getting the full 3.4 grams a day. For example, if your capsule contains 75% CLA, and it's 1000 mg, then you're getting
750 mg of CLA, and would need 5 per day to get to the 3.4 grams level.

How Should I Take It?
The various recommendations differ here. Some recommendations suggest to take it before eating. Others suggest to take it with meals. Take it preferably with lowfat or nonfat milk for maximum protein absorption. Personally, I'm taking it right before I eat with some Calorie Countdown milk.

Does CLA Have Any Side Effects?
Some people report feeling slightly green or nauseous after taking their CLA, or isolated cases of gastrointestinal upset or loose stools. These side effects typically are reduced when the product is taken with protein (i.e.,with milk), and usually decrease after about 2 weeks taking the supplement.

Usually, in the first three weeks, the abdominal fat "pooch" starts shrinking. Other "fattier" areas (such as cheeks, upper arms, rear end) seemed to be slowly reducing as well. You may notice that your appetite is somewhat reduced. You may feel a bit green after taking the CLA the first couple days, but if you take it with milk, or protein it should eliminate that problem.

Some may prefer the liquid CLA from Netrition. One bottle which is $19.99 lasts a full month. You just take 1/2 Tbsp a day to get your full dose. You may also prefer to get your Borage Oil from Netrition. It has a higher GLA content, so less pills to take, and more pills per
bottle than other brands. So by getting your combo from Netrition, its alot cheaper than taking all the caps from other stores.

On the first of each month you can post progress pics with your cla/gla results. You will not be pressured to post them if your not comfortable doing so. Some of us feel we stay more accountable if we do, and it helps that others can see good changes in the update pics that we cannot see ourselves. If you choose not to post them, thats ok, but please take them anyway for yourself to compare updates with. Thats where you will see the changes.

If you're taking CLA, don't take your Omega-3s at the same time. They will compete against each other for absorption. Leave at least a 3 hour window when taking both.
If you take an anticoagulant (blood-thinning) medication, check with your doctor before trying borage oil

Tonalin CLA-1200 (Natrol) $14.49
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 90
Tonalin Proprietary Blend Conjugated linoleic acid 1,200 mg
5 a day
Natrol CLA

Cla Plus with Clarinol $19.99
Serving Size: 1/2 Tablespoon a day
Servings per Container: 30
Conjugated linoleic acid: 3400 mg
Clarinol CLA Plus

ThinFat (VPX) $17.95
Serving Size: 7.5ml (1/2 tablespoon)
Servings Per Container: 32
VPX*ThinFat

NOW Borage Oil $14.99
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Capsules Per Container: 120
Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) 240 mg 2-4 a day
NOW Foods Borage Oil

Here's the link to the LCF thread:

Edited by SeXxiLuV818 - May 06 2009 at 12:48am
haitiancurlyq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haitiancurlyq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 1:03am
sexxi where do you get your cla from?
SeXxiLuV818 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeXxiLuV818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 1:48am

The liquid CLA was from netrition.com. It has an oily type of consistancy, but it's only 1/2 Tablespoon for the daily full dosage of 3400mg. If u put it in milk or juice, u dont taste itStar.

Cla Plus with Clarinol $19.99
Serving Size: 1/2 Tablespoon a day
Servings per Container: 30
Conjugated linoleic acid: 3400 mg
Clarinol CLA Plus
sexipink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexipink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 12:20pm
Hmm, interesting......
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic