Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedCLA/GLA Combo to BURN FAT

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
madame pink View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: CLA/GLA Combo to BURN FAT
    Posted: Apr 07 2007 at 7:12pm
Hello everyone......I was wondering have anyone tried the CLA/GLA combo......it helps burn body fat and prevents more fat from accumalating.....You will lose inches before you lose any pounds as it promotes the developement of lean body mass and burns fats......I learned this over at lowcarbfriends.com ........I have purchased the liquid CLA along with Borage oil its only been a couple of days but I will post results as far as inches lost ......the people over their have been combining this with a low carb diet......i.e Atkins...

What is CLA/GLA?

Most effective daily dose...
CLA 3400 mg
GLA 1000 mg (Borage Oil)

Some of us prefer the liquid CLA from Netrition. One bottle which is about $23.00 lasts a full month. You just take 1/2 Tbsp a day to get your full dose. Some of us are also trying the CLA Extreme from Netrition @ 5 caps a day. We also prefer to get our Borage Oil from Netrition. It has a higher GLA content, so less pills to take, and more pills per bottle than other brands. So by getting your combo from Netrition, its alot cheaper than taking all the caps from other stores.

How does CLA work?
A: CLA prevents fat from being deposited into the cells by speeding up the body's fat metabolism. CLA also helps the body metabolize existing fat deposits. This fat then returns to the blood stream where it is used as energy by muscle cells and the liver. CLA activates genes that trigger fat cell death, shrinks fat cells, speeds up metabolism.

CLA Turns on Fat Breakdown Genes
CLA Boosts Endurance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How does GLA work?
A: Numerous research studies have examined the role of GLA for improving health, specifically in the area of weight loss. GLA from borage oil causes less body fat to accumulate. Borage oil owes its healing power to the presence of essential fatty acids, the most important of which is GLA, an omega-6 fatty acid. (While borage oil is often used interchangeably with evening primrose oil, ounce for ounce, borage oil boasts more than twice as much GLA.)

Guidelines for Use
Taking borage oil with food may boost GLA absorption and minimize unpleasant side effects.
If you take an anticoagulant (blood-thinning) medication, check with your doctor before trying borage oil. The are no other known drug or nutrient interactions associated with borage oil. 

benefits of Borage Oil...
Reduce the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis
Clear up acne and rosacea
Alleviate inflammation associated with lupus
Prevent nerve damage (neuropathy) due to diabetes
Combat damage from multiple sclerosis
Ease cough and soothe throat disorders
Treat Alzheimer's-related memory deficiencies
Reduce stress and high blood pressure
Nourish nails, scalp, and hair
Counter impotence and female infertility
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLA Q&A

Is CLA Safe to Take With My Thyroid Medications?
There's no evidence that CLA, a food supplement, interacts with thyroid medications, or poses any special dangers to thyroid patients. But you should always discuss any supplements you intend to take with your own physician or practitioner before starting.

Is CLA Only for People with Thyroid Problems?
Absolutely not. The studies have shown that it's effective in general for reducing/converting fat. You don't have to have a thyroid problem -- you just have to be overweight -- to benefit from CLA.

How Much Should I Take?
The study found that 3.4 grams of CLA was needed in order to get the benefits. That's 3,400 mg. Since the various formulas contain a percentage of other oils as ingredients, it's wise to probably calculate how much each pill is delivering to make sure you're getting the full 3.4 grams a day. For example, if your capsule contains 75% CLA, and it's 1000 mg, then you're getting 750 mg of CLA, and would need 5 per day to get to the 3.4 grams level.

How Should I Take It?
The various recommendations differ here. Some recommendations suggest to take it before eating. Others suggest to take it with meals. Take it preferably with lowfat or nonfat milk for maximum protein absorption.

Does CLA Have Any Side Effects?
Some people report feeling slightly green or nauseous after taking their CLA, or isolated cases of gastrointestinal upset or loose stools. These side effects typically are reduced when the product is taken with protein (i.e.,with milk), and usually decrease after about 2 weeks taking the supplement.

Usually, in the first three weeks, the abdominal fat "pooch" starts shrinking. Other "fattier" areas (such as cheeks, upper arms, rear end) seemed to be slowly reducing as well. You may notice that your appetite is somewhat reduced. You may feel a bit green after taking the CLA the first couple days, but if you take it with milk, or protein it should eliminate that problem.

Sponsored Links

PrettyIs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2007 at 1:38am
i have it works but i wasn't wholehearted with it. My best friend was she lost 6 inches in about 3-4 weeks. I lost 3 but i didn't even take it everyday. If you don't work out nothing will happen. And you have to take it when u eat.
keyntat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2007 at 8:26am

Hi,

On www.lowcarbfriends.com they have a challenge of people who have lost a  lot of inches with that combination.  You have to do a search to find it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic